What Sort Of Funeral Do You Want?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Do you have strong feelings about how you'd like your remains to be disposed of? What sort of service you'd like held for your loved ones after you are gone? If you don't mind sharing, please tell us a bit about your plans.

I plan to have the Akshobya practice said for myself. This purifies anger, which is something I'm working on in this life.

I plan to be cremated. If my partner is still alive, she will say P'howa practice for me, and she will put my cremains in clay tsatsas and hike them in to a waterfall to place them in a pristine spot in nature.

I will be doing my own practice as I lay lying, assuming I die a slow death. If my death is untimely, I will do what I can to rest in the nature of mind and call on my lineage masters.

Cremated and spread in the Long Island Sound (east of Port Jefferson and not too close to shore).

Do you have strong feelings about how you'd like your remains to be disposed of? What sort of service you'd like held for your loved ones after you are gone? If you don't mind sharing, please tell us a bit about your plans.

I would like to be buried, without a casket/coffin, and have a tree planted on top of me.

I don't care so much about where I'm planted. I want to be buried, not cremated. I would like to be buried somewhere my family is buried, and where surviving family can come visit. Not because I think the dead care where their remains are, but because it's nice for the family to have a little place in the cemetery where they have their family name, and can go put flowers or flags or whatever once in a while.

Cremated please. I haven't yet come to a decision yet, on where I'd like my ashes spread around. But one thing I do know is that I do NOT want my shell of a body laid out in a caskett for all to see. No way! And I do NOT want to be buried in the ground.

I also think it would be cool to be tucked into a cave, or put up on stilts like the Indians.

cliff-dwellings-big.jpg

Everybody knows, the wake is the most important part anyway!

Bring lots and lots of food! And all the kids!

There is this Buddhist practice in Tibet called 'sky burial'. Only the really high lamas would do this. The corpse is cut into pieces and taken to a high mountain for the birds of prey to cart off and enjoy. The most common Buddhist funeral is cremation.

Last edited:
I've seen that. I can't remember if it was a movie or a documentary. I think a documentary.

I have no problem with being animal food.

I sure as hell don't want my survivors pissing a way a lot of money on a casket that will only be used for a day or so and then put in the ground for all eternity.

That gives me an idea: How about casket rental?

An Irish wake, a Catholic funeral, buried feet first in the ground. Hey, why not save space?

I want this kind of coffin:

coffback80_990.jpg

It's considered a final act of generosity to offer the body. Also donating organs is considered a high Buddhist practice.

I have instructed my family to do what ever they want for my passing, if they dont know what to do then they should take teh CHEAPEST choice they are offered. I dont care what happens to my remains and often the family has an idea of what they NEED to do to get through the situation.

My father in law insisted that NOTHING be done as a memorial and some of the younger realitives were saddened by this idea. We just all got together at his home and hung out for fourth of July and talked about a memorial bench in the nearby estuary he donated time to. we keep his house by the beach and that has turned into the place to go when you think of dad. You never know how the people left behind will feel.

He was a wonderful man, I still miss him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back