What Sort Of Funeral Do You Want?

A gathering of my closest and dearest would be nice. Lot's of music and food and drink! It'll be an opportunity for closure for them, so a slideshow or albums of photos are a must. And Gerbera daisies! Lot's of them! I don't want any 'funeral home' smelling flowers. ( gag )

Do you have strong feelings about how you'd like your remains to be disposed of? What sort of service you'd like held for your loved ones after you are gone? If you don't mind sharing, please tell us a bit about your plans.

I'm very confident I'd like to be dead first.

Then nothing special, really

Just entomb my remains in towering pyrimid filled with all those things I'll need for my life after life.

You know cars, TV sets, enormous amounts of jewelry artworks, food, motorboats and the like.

Finally, I'll expect the emtombment of all my extant slaves, friends and wifes and children when I pass, so I won't be lonely in the afterlife.

Of course, you could alsojust stick a bone up my ass and let the dogs drag me off, since I'll be dead and probably won't mind.

I'm kinda surprised so few want the traditional funeral and cemetary plot. Do you suppose the custom is no longer prevelant?
For me it's a matter of having my dead body on display. I don't want my loved ones remembering me in that way. And I don't want to rot in the ground in an over-priced casket that no one will ever see again after I've been lowered down.

I don't care so much about where I'm planted. I want to be buried, not cremated. I would like to be buried somewhere my family is buried, and where surviving family can come visit. Not because I think the dead care where their remains are, but because it's nice for the family to have a little place in the cemetery where they have their family name, and can go put flowers or flags or whatever once in a while.
You'll have to find a cemetary that isn't littered with meth heads and crackheads at night.
Try Sweden.:tongue:

I think we've become too distanced from death. People used to keep un-embalmed bodies in their PARLORS or on their KITCHEN TABLES for days, until the funeral. Loved ones and members of the family washed the bodies and sat with them until it was time to bury them.

I prefer that. It creates a sense of camraderie among the survivors, it allows everyone to say goodbye and to accept the death (I mean, it's hard to deny when you can smell the body right there and have to chase the flies away), and get accustomed to it.

It also assuages the horror of accidentally burying someone alive. If you see them decomposing you can be pretty sure they aren't alive, so that's one fear you can set aside.

I don't care so much about where I'm planted. I want to be buried, not cremated. I would like to be buried somewhere my family is buried, and where surviving family can come visit. Not because I think the dead care where their remains are, but because it's nice for the family to have a little place in the cemetery where they have their family name, and can go put flowers or flags or whatever once in a while.
You'll have to find a cemetary that isn't littered with meth heads and crackheads at night.
Try Sweden.:tongue:

Lol. We don't have that where I live. our cemeteries are isolated and tweakers don't have to go the cemeteries to find isolation around here.

First up I plan to be dead, I mean really dead. None of this waking up underground shit.

I donated everything. If I don't live long enough to be a good example, the least I can provide is a horrible warning.

Absent the body, of course, I'd like a good new-fashioned Irish wake, lots of booze, plenty of weed, good music, good food, and war stories of all the stupid things I managed to do and survive til I didn't. Then I want everyone who can to go screw until their hair hurts. The party for the dead should be a celebration of life.

Last edited:
I think so too.
I have more fun at funerals these days than I do at weddings.

Nobody cares if the kids are loud at funerals, everyone wants to see them.
The food is better.
People expect you to look like shit.
There are no expectations, it's great.

My father, the old Marine Captain died Memorial Day at age 88. In 1980 he prepaid for cremation.
Cremation is the best way to go. Funeral homes, cemetery lot sales people, memorial stone manufacturers, casket makers and funeral directors are some of the most corrupt folks on earth. In most states you HAVE to buy your casket from the funeral home as it is illegal to do so otherwise. A $48dollar card board one for cremation- the remains have to be put into something-start at $1800 in those mandatory states.
Cremation saves the family the head aches and exorbitant and outrageous fees of a ground burial. If one is thinking about not being a burden to the family, that is the way to go.

Cremation - and then ashes scattered over the ocean (but not near the giant plastic colony).

I don't have any wishes at all. I hope that my kidlet does whatever eases her heart and have repeatedly told her not to spend much....but if that eased her, I'd be okay with it.

There's a huge uptick in people being unable to pay for funerals here. Apparently the county will bury the remains in a pauper's grave if no one can afford to dispose of them. I suppose that's a good thing, but I do sorta wish people could accept cremation more easily.

My father, the old Marine Captain died Memorial Day at age 88. In 1980 he prepaid for cremation.
Cremation is the best way to go. Funeral homes, cemetery lot sales people, memorial stone manufacturers, casket makers and funeral directors are some of the most corrupt folks on earth. In most states you HAVE to buy your casket from the funeral home as it is illegal to do so otherwise. A $48dollar card board one for cremation- the remains have to be put into something-start at $1800 in those mandatory states.
Cremation saves the family the head aches and exorbitant and outrageous fees of a ground burial. If one is thinking about not being a burden to the family, that is the way to go.

That is your opinion.
While funeral homes and the like do rip people off here and there, there is the other side to the coin as well...

Established funeral homes where families for generations have provided the service to the communities they live in. And wood and metal artisans who are able to explore their creativity by creating caskets and the like.

To each his or her own. Personally, I like the idea of extended mourning, mourning clothes, sitting wtih the bodies, the whole shebang.

But that's me. Any excuse for a long, drawn-out family gathering.

Do you have strong feelings about how you'd like your remains to be disposed of? What sort of service you'd like held for your loved ones after you are gone? If you don't mind sharing, please tell us a bit about your plans.

Burn me, roll me, smoke me. (Seriously).

so you are saying "six feet under" is crap? :eek: :lol:

Forum List

Back