what ruined american society

what ruined american society

• Total voters
I don't think American Society is ruined.

The Congo is ruined.
Zimbabwe is ruined.

America is not ruined. Well, at least not yet.

zimbabwe-100-trillion-dollar-bill.jpg
Right. We are not ruined.

(And I thought the peso and lire were bad.)

It's off-topic, but what the hell. I was having a discussion recently with a retired diplomat who's primary assignment area was southern Africa. We were talking about the situation in Zimbabwe. He mentioned they were chopping off several zeros to "recenter" the currency. My retort was "Yeah, because it's the zeroes that are the problem".
Concise. :thup:

I don't think American Society is ruined.

The Congo is ruined.
Zimbabwe is ruined.

America is not ruined. Well, at least not yet.

zimbabwe-100-trillion-dollar-bill.jpg

Agreed. Drugs have certainly taken their toll.

Last edited:
The last eight years of Republican conservatism. That dogma has been devastating to the country. The movement of wealth from the middle class to the top 1%. The profits Bush and Cheney worked out with oil companies. The two wars. The ruined economy. The hi rate of STDs from terrible policies such as "abstinence only". The Republican war on science. The awful foreign policies. Ignoring Bin Laden.

The list is endless. I don't understand, considering all the damage they have caused, how they can blame it on someone else? It's not like it's a secret. We have to deal with it every day for at least the next 10 years.

Way to try and cover Obama's ass.

The last eight years of Republican conservatism. That dogma has been devastating to the country. The movement of wealth from the middle class to the top 1%. The profits Bush and Cheney worked out with oil companies. The two wars. The ruined economy. The hi rate of STDs from terrible policies such as "abstinence only". The Republican war on science. The awful foreign policies. Ignoring Bin Laden.

The list is endless. I don't understand, considering all the damage they have caused, how they can blame it on someone else? It's not like it's a secret. We have to deal with it every day for at least the next 10 years.

Better get back on your drugs, RD. :lol:

Lmao^^^^

I know that laugh. It's not one of those full throated laughs that means something is funny. Instead, it's one of those weak types of laughter that someone does when they are embarrassed. It usually goes along with a hand covering the month and eyes downcast in shame.

You have to hand it to the Republicans, they are bold. Even when they mishandled the Katrina debacle, they awarded medals to each other. The President could easily say, "I don't really think about him" when referring to the greatest mass murderer in American history. Republicans have referred to Iraq as a "success" even after the President had shoes thrown at him. Even when the Christan population has been halved through murder and intimidation and Islam is the "national religion" by constitution.

It just goes on and on. Disaster, debacle, deceit and failure. Oh, and laughter.

What ruined American society?

I'm not yet convinced it has been ruined, but it may very well be in decline. To me, the biggest contributing factor to the decline is the unwillingness of some immigrants to embrace becoming Americans. In times past, people who came to this country were eager and willing to join the culture, learn the language, celebrate the traditions, and simply become Americans in general. Over time, this has changed. Over time there has been a gradual, and now too frequent, desire for many who come to this country to be among others who share their origins. We find enclaves in almost all cities and towns populated solely by Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Somalis, pick a country and you can probably find a neighborhood or "Little [ insert country name here ]." Now, while this may be fine for a weekend out or for the tourist industry, it does nothing to further the ideals that once had people calling America "the great melting pot."

I do not believe there is anywhere else on this planet where a person could find as much racial and cultural diversity as you do in the United States. The continued voluntary segregation serves no one and will ultimately lead to the ruin of a great country. How long before this practice leads to a true Balkanization of America? How long before that Balkanization results in true violence between the various regions?

The people are the people. Lobbyists and special interest groups have done a huge amount of damage to this republic, by "educating" the masses using big media and flat out lies.

One of the major contributing factors is the welfare mentality that emerged as a result of LBJ's "Great Society". The entitlement attitude has spread to segments of society not even on welfare, just by observing those who are.

Yea...like corporations...

What ruined American society?

And what exactly is ruined? People know so little history. Read some and you may think a bit differently.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/World-Lit-Only-Fire-Renaissance/dp/0316545562/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254616913&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: A World Lit Only by Fire: The Medieval Mind and the Renaissance: Portrait of an Age (9780316545563): William Manchester: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back