SAME SEX MARRIAGE and ABORTION

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
Many Conservatives, and even some Liberals, claim that same sex marriage and abortion are "sins" and the "Bible says it is wrong".

I ask any of you to please indicate the passage in the Bible where claims such as these are made? Show me one verse. Use whatever Bible you chose but where does it state this?

• Banned
Im not at all surprised that no one can point to a Biblical passage in support of their homophobic and anti-free choice beliefs.

Man, this subject is really getting worn out lately.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ It certainly is a queer issue isn't it?

I wonder about people who take their marching orders from an ancient book written by simple, primitive people. :cuckoo:

Many Conservatives, and even some Liberals, claim that same sex marriage and abortion are "sins" and the "Bible says it is wrong".

I ask any of you to please indicate the passage in the Bible where claims such as these are made? Show me one verse. Use whatever Bible you chose but where does it state this?

It's a good thing everyone is on board about homosexual couples adopting children that haven't been aborted, isn't it?

You would have to be an imbecile not to see that the "Law" states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin and that killing a human being is also a sin or that sin leads to death and is an affront to God.

You've read every passage that I have read condemning homosexuality as a sin so I am not going to take the time to point out any of the verses for you because I'm not going to argue that Same Sex Marriage or abortion is "wrong" because then you are just playing games with the meanings of words like "wrong" and abortion and phrases like "same sex marriage".

If sin is wrong then homosexuality is wrong. If killing a human being is wrong, then abortion is wrong. If coveting my neighbor's wife is wrong then checking out the rear end of the young woman in too short shorts is wrong too.

The debate that I would prefer to have is whether or not people who participate in such sins are condemned to Hell or is there yet hope for them as sinners? Does the fact that I am not a homosexual nor have I supported abortion mean that I am any better than the sinner who has? Must they/we repent and be "sin free" at the time of death?

Immie

Let me know where the Bible says that mammals can't have feathers or squares cant be circles and ill answer your question. Till then...

• Banned
Immanuel,

My son, it is indeed sad that you must resort to name-calling rather than defend your position. I asked a simple question regarding the location of a few verses in the Bible in support of the almost rabid approach taken by Conservatives.

Is that the best you can do my child ?

You would have to be an imbecile not to see that the "Law" states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin and that killing a human being is also a sin or that sin leads to death and is an affront to God.

You've read every passage that I have read condemning homosexuality as a sin so I am not going to take the time to point out any of the verses for you because I'm not going to argue that Same Sex Marriage or abortion is "wrong" because then you are just playing games with the meanings of words like "wrong" and abortion and phrases like "same sex marriage".

If sin is wrong then homosexuality is wrong. If killing a human being is wrong, then abortion is wrong. If coveting my neighbor's wife is wrong then checking out the rear end of the young woman in too short shorts is wrong too.

The debate that I would prefer to have is whether or not people who participate in such sins are condemned to Hell or is there yet hope for them as sinners? Does the fact that I am not a homosexual nor have I supported abortion mean that I am any better than the sinner who has? Must they/we repent and be "sin free" at the time of death?

Immie

I wonder about people who take their marching orders from an ancient book written by simple, primitive people. :cuckoo:

Simple primitive people? Are you suggesting that people in the times of antiquity did not have the same 'IQ' level as modern man? What idiocy. Of course ancient men were simply STUPID.....they were not capable of any great intellectual achievements. There where no GREAT MINDS of records that MODERN man quotes and uses on a daily basis, no great Archetypal structures of antiquity that modern man is still incapable of explaining their construction. There is not even a MODERN calender used to place the birth record of one such STUPID man of antiquity on display.....BY THE WAY, what is today's date.........IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD?

All ancient men were examples of isolated inbreeding with the final product being.......NEANDERTHAL MAN. Very observant.......and a very good method to use and place that SUPERIOR EDUCATION into productive use and showcase. Can you spell.......

D U M B
D O W N E D
A R R O G A N T
P O M P O U S
I N D O C T R I N A T E D

Last edited:

OK.....:eusa_eh: (Genesis 19:4-5, 13, Lev. 18:22, 20:13, Deut. 23:17-18, Judges 19:22-24, 1 Kings 14:24, 15:12, 2 Kings 23:7, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Cor. 6:9-11, 1 Tim. 1:9-11, Jude 6-7)

Just for your enlightenment and edification.

In the BEGINNING God created us male and female -- Genesis 1:26-27. After creating man by himself God said it was not good for man to be alone, so God created wo(man). -- Gen. 2:18. Men leave their parents to marry WIVES (females) -- Genesis 2:22-24. No provisions were ever directed by God for men marrying men or women marrying women.

Marriage is for ONE MALE, ONE FEMALE as declared by the Christ -- Matthew 19:4-5.

All SEX outside marriage is wrong and considered a sin by God. Not only is homosexuality condemned but all acts of sexual immorality are condemned -- Gal. 5:19-21. Homosexuality is against NATURE...the way God designed nature to work -- Romans 1:26-27. No one making practice of an immoral sexual sin can inherent the kingdom of God -- 1 Cor. 6:9-10.

TRUTH does not evolve. Societies may evolve. But, what was true in the 1st century is just as true in the 21st century. Truth is not subjective to opinion, truth is the same for YOU and I...because it is based upon evidence that goes beyond any intellectually honest persons ability to doubt otherwise.

Last edited:
Immanuel,

My son, it is indeed sad that you must resort to name-calling rather than defend your position. I asked a simple question regarding the location of a few verses in the Bible in support of the almost rabid approach taken by Conservatives.

Is that the best you can do my child ?

you say he is resorting to name calling, and yet you refer to him as "my son" and "my child". Don't you think that insinuation is also name calling and unnecessarily hierarchical? Don't enter a convo and complain about name calling if you yourself can't come into it as an equal.

Ralphy,

The passages you quote do NOT, repeat DO NOT, refer to same sex MARRIAGE or ABORTION !

Ralphy,

The passages you quote do NOT, repeat DO NOT, refer to same sex MARRIAGE or ABORTION !

Again, post where the Bible says that mammals may not have feathers and circles cannot be squares and then we will talk.

If the Old Testament is a valid source of guidance - if OT passages can be used to justify opposition to gay marriage - than Christians must admit that they also support genocide, slaughtering unbelievers, and the murder and rape of children. Don't cherry-pick your beliefs, now.

Last edited:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:1-18

“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb.
Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5, NLT)

If the Old Testament is a valid source of guidance - if OT passages can be used to justify opposition to gay marriage - than Christians must admit that they also support genocide, slaughtering unbelievers, and the murder and rape of children. Don't cherry-pick your beliefs, now.

The OT prescribed genocide in particular instances, as a way to eliminate future issues. Read the story of Esther.

But nowhere in the old or NT does the bible tell us to go out on an ongoing basis and kill children or even our enemies. The Jews were disobedient, they didn't do as God directed them, and for that they suffer. But it is not expected of them to go forth at this point and make good on God's orders from 3000 years ago. The time has passed. It's over, and now we are adjoured to live peacefully, to love our enemies, and to protect the innocent.

BTW, if they HAD done as God directed through Samuel, there would be no Muslims today.

Forum List

Back