SAME SEX MARRIAGE and ABORTION

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Yukon, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Yukon

Yukon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Many Conservatives, and even some Liberals, claim that same sex marriage and abortion are "sins" and the "Bible says it is wrong".

I ask any of you to please indicate the passage in the Bible where claims such as these are made? Show me one verse. Use whatever Bible you chose but where does it state this?

2. Yukon

Yukon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Im not at all surprised that no one can point to a Biblical passage in support of their homophobic and anti-free choice beliefs.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Man, this subject is really getting worn out lately.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ It certainly is a queer issue isn't it?

4. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    I wonder about people who take their marching orders from an ancient book written by simple, primitive people. :cuckoo:

5. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    It's a good thing everyone is on board about homosexual couples adopting children that haven't been aborted, isn't it?

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    You would have to be an imbecile not to see that the "Law" states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin and that killing a human being is also a sin or that sin leads to death and is an affront to God.

You've read every passage that I have read condemning homosexuality as a sin so I am not going to take the time to point out any of the verses for you because I'm not going to argue that Same Sex Marriage or abortion is "wrong" because then you are just playing games with the meanings of words like "wrong" and abortion and phrases like "same sex marriage".

If sin is wrong then homosexuality is wrong. If killing a human being is wrong, then abortion is wrong. If coveting my neighbor's wife is wrong then checking out the rear end of the young woman in too short shorts is wrong too.

The debate that I would prefer to have is whether or not people who participate in such sins are condemned to Hell or is there yet hope for them as sinners? Does the fact that I am not a homosexual nor have I supported abortion mean that I am any better than the sinner who has? Must they/we repent and be "sin free" at the time of death?

Immie

7. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I agree, we need some new issues :lol:

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Let me know where the Bible says that mammals can't have feathers or squares cant be circles and ill answer your question. Till then...

9. Yukon

Yukon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Immanuel,

My son, it is indeed sad that you must resort to name-calling rather than defend your position. I asked a simple question regarding the location of a few verses in the Bible in support of the almost rabid approach taken by Conservatives.

Is that the best you can do my child ?

10. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Simple primitive people? Are you suggesting that people in the times of antiquity did not have the same 'IQ' level as modern man? What idiocy. Of course ancient men were simply STUPID.....they were not capable of any great intellectual achievements. There where no GREAT MINDS of records that MODERN man quotes and uses on a daily basis, no great Archetypal structures of antiquity that modern man is still incapable of explaining their construction. There is not even a MODERN calender used to place the birth record of one such STUPID man of antiquity on display.....BY THE WAY, what is today's date.........IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD?

All ancient men were examples of isolated inbreeding with the final product being.......NEANDERTHAL MAN. Very observant.......and a very good method to use and place that SUPERIOR EDUCATION into productive use and showcase. Can you spell.......

D U M B
    D O W N E D
    A R R O G A N T
    P O M P O U S
    I N D O C T R I N A T E D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009