What pushes your buttons?

You said WHAT not WHO!

It's best to not say WHAT pushes your buttons, especially here!
Who, is a different story - and depends on if you want attention (if you don't care and just want attention you might want to tell the word....)

The only people that can push my buttons are people I'm face to face with and around all the time. People that say the same things over and over - or joke in a way I don't think is funny but do it all the time (annoying) -
My brother was an EXPERT at pushing my buttons, but, I would let him know when something annoyed me and, he would do it all the time! Hubby is like that too. Nice.

So, unless you have a high tolerance or thick skin, best to keep quiet!

Once again I misread this OP... sorry! Replied too early in the morning!

I don't like to be tickled.... I don't think it's funny at all!

When the bride gives me that certain look that always ends with...fulfillment, let's call it.

You are the 2nd person I have ever known that talks about this "look" women give.
Do men give it too?

I usually avoid topics and people who could push my buttons if I let them. I'm in control there. Also Bonzi, you mentioned that type of person who tells jokes all the time. I KNOW one. I have told her more than once I don't like jokes, for the sake of jokes, and she stops for a while, then forgets and repeats and then I repeat. I don't have to hear her jokes very often. I happen to like her other traits very much and that is why I will be around her infrequently.

One thing that REALLY pushes my buttons is when someone interrupts me as I am making a brief point. I know who they are usually, in advance so I am prepared and tighten my conversation with them hoping they will listen to the end so they will know what they are responding to, rather than what they think, I am going to say. I have often said to interrupters, "may I finish my point?" I don't make my conversations with these people, lengthy, they just haven't learned how rude and counterproductive it is to interrupt another after they have only spoken for several seconds. Often they often don't even realize they are doing it and they stop as soon as I ask them to.

"The greatest communication skill is "listening." I try to practice what I preach, too. ;)

Forum List

Back