What Presidential Election Has Had the Most Negative Impact on America in Modern Times

William Jefferson Clinton.

1) NAFTA - Giving American Companies tax breaks to ship jobs overseas, ruining millions of jobs - some were great paying jobs.

2) Poor foreign policy decisions, along with getting bad advice from Richard Clarke and supporting Clarkes decisions. he let America get bombed and terrorized and did nothing.

3) His second election, he won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote if I recall correctly.

4) His many blatant lies to Congress, as well as various Senators. Simple perjury. For a lawyer, whom graduated from Law School....... YALE law school at that.......he was terribly stupid and ignorant. Bill Clinton could not lead a kinder guard class to the playground ; and his word is worthless. He is not credible as a person.......OR a public servant. I see Bill Clinton as an oxygen thief.

5) I do not remember exactly right now, but Presidential Directives he signed that were utmost ridiculous ; YES I did actually read some of them one time. Presidential Directives that were politically motivated as I seen ; probably to big industry or a large corporate sponsor of his. How do you thank someone for supporting you by paying to attend a $25,000 dollar election dinner - You sign a Presidential Directive that benefits them.

Jeeze can the world get anymore crooked. You see William Jefferson Clinton, and you see a Dogs hind leg.

Shadow 355

It would be hard to argue Clinton is worse then all the others considering all his successes.

Actually, I think that 1968 did us more harm than we realize.... Humprey would have been a superior president over Nixon in every possible way.
Nixon was a good President. Did right thing in Cambodia and handled USSR well. 1972 landslide speaks to his popularity. Humphrey would have waffled on tough issues and played politics.

He created the epa which of course cleaned up our air and water. Nixon did some great things.

Yeah, Nixon wasn't as bad as some make him out to be.

Of course by today's Republican standards he'd be considered a looney left libtard by most on the right.
And JFK would be considered a right wing nut by Democrats today.

Nixon was an anti-Semite and a despicable racist.

Yeah he probably was a pretty hateful person, and didn't handle Vietnam very well. But really I don't see his presidency as being as negative for the country as some others.
He handled Vietnam as well as he could with a liberal defeatist Congress in session. Invasion of Cambodia should have happened back in 1967 if LBJ wasn't such a pussy.

I have three: 1964 when LBJ was elected and began to destroy our nation and the 10th Amendment through abuse of federal power. 2008 when Obama was elected and EVERYTHING was politicized and race baited from a new radical left. 2000 when GW Bush and neo-cons had an obsession with removing Saddam from power and now we have the mess in the Middle East.

Obama vs the other guy brought out the whole black vs white uncurrent of racism is the US.

I have three: 1964 when LBJ was elected and began to destroy our nation and the 10th Amendment through abuse of federal power. 2008 when Obama was elected and EVERYTHING was politicized and race baited from a new radical left. 2000 when GW Bush and neo-cons had an obsession with removing Saddam from power and now we have the mess in the Middle East.

Obama vs the other guy brought out the whole black vs white uncurrent of racism is the US.
And his radicalization of the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department.

I was talking to my grandmother about FDR, and mentioned that he was responsible for interning Japanese-Americans during World War II.

My Irish Catholic grandmother was as outraged as if I had taken a consecrated Communion wafer and spit it on the floor:

"Don't you dare say anything bad about President Roosevelt!!!"

FDR bamboozled an entire generation of Americans into thinking he was some sort of god.

FDR brought America out of the depression. The name republican was poison for years till people forgot what they're about . Without some of the safeguards and safety nets FDR established, there never would have been a middle class.

Actually, I think that 1968 did us more harm than we realize.... Humprey would have been a superior president over Nixon in every possible way.
Nixon was a good President. Did right thing in Cambodia and handled USSR well. 1972 landslide speaks to his popularity. Humphrey would have waffled on tough issues and played politics.

I loved his honesty and integrity, especially during the Watergate scandal. Luckily, he and kissinger kept the war going years after lbj or humphery would have ended it. As many military guys were killed under nixon as under Johnson, but hey, without Nixon we wouldn't have got to know Agnew. Old stuff I know, but just saying this in case your teachers didn't cover this in history class.

Last edited:
Reagan was arguably good, but still compromised too much with democrooks.

He really didn't have much choice. Democrats were in very solid control of both houses of Congress, as they had been for decades before Reagan's term, and as they remained until a decade after Reagan left office. There simply was no way that any law was going to legitimately pass without the support of Democrats.

Reagan's great talent, as President, was in his ability to persuade the Democrats in Congress to support many of his policies, that they otherwise would have opposed, and successfully blocked.

And on policies he knew that the dems wouldn't go along with, he went behind their backs like in Iran Contra.

Carter-Award-590-LI_zpsuptjfadh.jpg

"Negative impact" is in the eye of the beholder, but it is hard to argue that the current state of our nation isn't the worst it has been in 50 years. However, to blame this on a single factor, whether it be the Community Reinvestment Act or the Iraq War, is just plain silly.

Instead, we have witnessed a continuing devolution of American social and political systems. Is there any doubt that stable family units are becoming relics of the past? Has there ever been a time in recent memory where politics is so dominated by personality and narrow self interest? When, in the past 50 years, have race relations been any worse? How about America's position as a world leader?

All of this has been a long time in coming, but watershed events like the assassination of JFK and the election of BHO seem to have accelerated our decline. Will we ever recover? I doubt it.

He really didn't have much choice. Democrats were in very solid control of both houses of Congress, as they had been for decades before Reagan's term, and as they remained until a decade after Reagan left office. There simply was no way that any law was going to legitimately pass without the support of Democrats.

Reagan's great talent, as President, was in his ability to persuade the Democrats in Congress to support many of his policies, that they otherwise would have opposed, and successfully blocked.
Democrats controlled the Congress almost exclusively from 1932 until 1994.

Yeah, THAT WAS THE HOUSE, the voters saw how badly they screwed USA leading up to the GOP great depression!

Majority in Senate

Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Except there was a GOP Senate for 6 of Ronnie's 8 years..

William Jefferson Clinton.

1) NAFTA - Giving American Companies tax breaks to ship jobs overseas, ruining millions of jobs - some were great paying jobs.

2) Poor foreign policy decisions, along with getting bad advice from Richard Clarke and supporting Clarkes decisions. he let America get bombed and terrorized and did nothing.

3) His second election, he won the electoral vote but lost the popular vote if I recall correctly.

4) His many blatant lies to Congress, as well as various Senators. Simple perjury. For a lawyer, whom graduated from Law School....... YALE law school at that.......he was terribly stupid and ignorant. Bill Clinton could not lead a kinder guard class to the playground ; and his word is worthless. He is not credible as a person.......OR a public servant. I see Bill Clinton as an oxygen thief.

5) I do not remember exactly right now, but Presidential Directives he signed that were utmost ridiculous ; YES I did actually read some of them one time. Presidential Directives that were politically motivated as I seen ; probably to big industry or a large corporate sponsor of his. How do you thank someone for supporting you by paying to attend a $25,000 dollar election dinner - You sign a Presidential Directive that benefits them.

Jeeze can the world get anymore crooked. You see William Jefferson Clinton, and you see a Dogs hind leg.

Shadow 355

Yeah, Clinton got Ronnie's NAFTA through Congress. AND?

upload_2015-10-8_9-2-57.jpeg

New-Jobs-2.png

He created the epa which of course cleaned up our air and water. Nixon did some great things.

Yeah, Nixon wasn't as bad as some make him out to be.

Of course by today's Republican standards he'd be considered a looney left libtard by most on the right.
And JFK would be considered a right wing nut by Democrats today.

ONLY if you "believe" the right wing myth making machines, AEI, Heritage, Faux, etc..

"Negative impact" is in the eye of the beholder, but it is hard to argue that the current state of our nation isn't the worst it has been in 50 years. However, to blame this on a single factor, whether it be the Community Reinvestment Act or the Iraq War, is just plain silly.

Instead, we have witnessed a continuing devolution of American social and political systems. Is there any doubt that stable family units are becoming relics of the past? Has there ever been a time in recent memory where politics is so dominated by personality and narrow self interest? When, in the past 50 years, have race relations been any worse? How about America's position as a world leader?

All of this has been a long time in coming, but watershed events like the assassination of JFK and the election of BHO seem to have accelerated our decline. Will we ever recover? I doubt it.

"Community Reinvestment Act"

???? WTF? Let me guess, the poor caused the WORLD WIDE CREDIT BUBBLE AND BUST? LOL

Nixon was a very good President. He dialed down the tension between the Soviet Union with detant, and he helped open China to the world after it's decades-long status as a pariah state.

Watergate, wage and price controls that harmed US for a decade?

Forum List

Back