What old movies are you watching.

I watched A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart. Also, Its a wonderful Life, in color.
I'm watching It's a wonderful Life too but I could only find it in Black and white.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
View attachment 35372
en.wikipedia.org
View attachment 35371
·
2hr 10min · Fantasy
IMDb 8.7/10
Rotten Tomatoes 94%
The colorized copy I saw was not good. The colors tended to be all pastels and it was the shorten version of the film.
What parts are taken out in the shortened version? Could be some of it where they were drying off after George jumps into the river to save Clarence.
Not sure. There was a cut made for TV. I think it was about 8 mins shorter.

The Legend of 1900

725d96cae990d7180202fe25cedb79e5-98.jpg

An interesting movie, although not my favorite. A baby boy, discovered in 1900 on an ocean liner, grows into a musical prodigy, never setting foot on land. An Interesting story with great music and photography; well worth watching. It's an Italian movie in English.

Take a look at the trailer:
La leggenda del pianista sull oceano 1998 - IMDb

The Secret Garden (1949)

en.wikipedia.org

• The Secret Garden is a 1949 US drama film. It is the second screen adaptation of the classic 1911 novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett. The screenplay by Robert Ardrey was directed by Fred M. Wilcox. It centers on a young orphan who is thrust into the dark and mysterious lives of her widowed uncle and his crippled son when she comes to live …
    en.wikipedia.org
Margret O'Brien was a talented child actress and one of my fav's. This movie also features a very young Dean Stockwell.
Dean Stockwell was a very talented child actor an Margaret OBrien was cute as hell

The Shop Around the Corner
My wife loves that movie

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy
I am a fugitive from a chain gang

Last edited:
Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy
I was a fugitive from a chain gang

I think I might have seen that last one. Was that with Paul Newman? I think it was based on a true story or something? I could be thinking of another movie.

Edit: Oh, I just googled, and it wasn't the same movie. I can't remember the name of the movie I saw with Paul Newman (I think it was Paul Newman anyway), and he escaped from some prison.

There was another old movie that I rather enjoyed about an escapee from an island prison. I think it was Papillon or something like that?

Just watched the original 1956 version of the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" in glorious Black and White.

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy

I think I might have seen that last one. Was that with Paul Newman? I think it was based on a true story or something? I could be thinking of another movie.

Edit: Oh, I just googled, and it wasn't the same movie. I can't remember the name of the movie I saw with Paul Newman (I think it was Paul Newman anyway), and he escaped from some prison.

There was another old movie that I rather enjoyed about an escapee from an island prison. I think it was Papillon or something like that?

Paul Newman was in Cool Hand Luke ( one of my favorites)

Paul Muni was in Fugitive from a chain gang

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy

Yes, Cool Hand Luke is the name of the movie. Thanks! :) Did you see Papillon? That was a pretty good one too. Poor guy keeps almost escaping only to keep getting caught. Lol.

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy

Yes, Cool Hand Luke is the name of the movie. Thanks! :) Did you see Papillon? That was a pretty good one too. Poor guy keeps almost escaping only to keep getting caught. Lol.
I loved Papillon....Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman

They don't show it very much

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy

I looked at the other movie "I was a fugitive from a chain gang," and I have seen that one before too, but only once so my memory of it is a little hazy. That was based on a true story, IIRC? This man was actually the beginning of the end of the chain gangs in reality. Good and interesting movie. I'll have to check that one out again one of these days.

Old school I love

Casablanca
Grapes of Wrath
King Kong
Of mice and men
Bride of Frankenstein
Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Life
Public Enemy

I looked at the other movie "I was a fugitive from a chain gang," and I have seen that one before too, but only once so my memory of it is a little hazy. That was based on a true story, IIRC? This man was actually the beginning of the end of the chain gangs in reality. Good and interesting movie. I'll have to check that one out again one of these days.
It's a movie from the 30s based on a true story.
It is on Turner occasionally

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Marilyn Monroe was perhaps a bit overrated? Does anyone think she was a really good actress? :neutral: No doubt, she was beautiful woman, but a good actress? Hmm.

norma jeane was a twentieth century fox

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Marilyn Monroe was perhaps a bit overrated? Does anyone think she was a really good actress? :neutral: No doubt, she was beautiful woman, but a good actress? Hmm.
So many great actresses in her era.......Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and many more
Monroe was a media creation just playing the same character

So many great actresses in her era.......Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and many more
Monroe was a media creation just playing the same character

To be fair, I haven't seen many of her movies, but the ones I've seen, I wasn't very impressed by her acting abilities.

Forum List

Back