What? Obama admits government “can’t create jobs”

So why did he want the stimulus?

“Government can’t replace — can’t create jobs to replace the millions that we lost in the recession, but it can create the conditions for small businesses to hire more people, through steps like tax breaks,” Obama said.

Interesting source, explains a lot.

This time the source doesn't matter what matters is that he said it. Now about that stimulus money he stole from the American people.

“Government can’t replace — can’t create jobs to replace the millions that we lost in the recession, but it can create the conditions for small businesses to hire more people, through steps like tax breaks,” Obama said.

This time the source doesn't matter what matters is that he said it. Now about that stimulus money he stole from the American people.

Do you have a clue how a bill is passed by the Congress and becomes law? I thought not.

Last time I checked the VP was part of the administration and he was bragging that this administration will create 500,000 jobs a month.

Now he tells us.

Stupid Mother fuckers spend all the money, and now he finally gets it.

Stole might be a bit Harsh. I would go with Misappropriated.

He's laying the ground work for his Big Excuse in 2012 when unemployment is still at 9%.

It's the EVUL Banks fault because they didn't lend enough money to small business (but instead profited from cheap money from the Fed which they then used to buy Treasuries - which, sickeningly, enabled Obama's 25% increase in the size of government as a ratio of GDP).

Government can’t replace — can’t create jobs to replace the millions that we lost in the recession, but it can create the conditions for small businesses to hire more people, through steps like tax breaks,”

steps like tax breaks,

And let me guess, the qualifications to be approved for any such "tax Breaks" will be such as most cannot qualify for them?

Sounds to me like a "Robin Hood" theory..

Last edited:

Report gives stimulus package high marks

washingtonpost.com
The report shows that the administration has met that target, spending $551 billion of the original $787 billion. That figure includes $242 billion in tax breaks to families and businesses and $232 billion in payments to states, unemployed workers and other victims of the recession, the report says. The administration has also written $77 billion in checks for thousands of public works projects, with an additional $127 billion unspent but committed, the report says.
Administration officials also highlighted the relatively small number of complaints about contracts related to the stimulus package. An independent board established to provide oversight has received just 3,806 complaints - less than 2 percent of more than 200,000 awards. Prosecutors have initiated 424 criminal investigations, representing 0.2 percent of all awards.

Typically, 5 to 7 percent of government contracts attract complaints, Bernstein said.

Stan Soloway, president of the Professional Services Council, which represents government contractors, said the unprecedented focus on oversight clearly paid off and should be analyzed for lessons that could be applied throughout the government.

"Given the ambitious nature of the stimulus, the fact that things have gone relatively smoothly suggests that they did put appropriate and adequate resources" into program oversight, said Soloway, an early skeptic of the package. "They definitely deserve credit for that," he said.

Now he tells us.

Stupid Mother fuckers spend all the money, and now he finally gets it.

A job is a job is a job, especially in this horrid economic climate. So in that respect, I would actually disagree with Obama's statement. That said, it would help if you actually DIGESTED what he said about conditions leading to employment in the private sector. I suggest you look at NASA's history in the years following the first moon landing. Go to their website and there's a link there for all the science and technology passed on so that private industries now thrive on what was discovered by <gasp> government employees.

I really hate to add you, Charles, to my list of The Stupids.

What really upsets me is the hiring of overseas employees by mega corporations that tell the gov't they cannot find qualified workers right here.

What they fail to say is, "We cannot find anyone willing to work at such slave labor cheap low pay". After all, citizens here have higher bills to pay than most third world H1B's and other offshore laborers (people from India, Mexico, China for example); who in many cases simply send their paychecks back home to wherever they come from.

Oh!
Also the companies that take their operations overseas where the standards are less than here and the cost of doing business is less for them, less oversight over quality control, pollution standards far less, and easier to get away with taking advantage of the desperation of the third world laborers for that pittance of pay they get.

What really upsets me is the hiring of overseas employees by mega corporations that tell the gov't they cannot find qualified workers right here.

What they fail to say is, "We cannot find anyone willing to work at such slave labor cheap low pay". After all, citizens here have higher bills to pay than most third world H1B's and other offshore laborers (people from India, Mexico, China for example); who in many cases simply send their paychecks back home to wherever they come from.

I know. Paying of those credit card debts for all the goods purchased that were made by those offshore laborers is just so hard for Americans. It's fricken amazing how some people will pay $70 for a Polo shirt that only cost $2 to make, then whine about how their expenses are so much higher than someone in the third world and they need higher salaries.

FDR created more jobs than ever recorded in US history when he declared war against Japan and later, Germany. We got a nice juicy target called Mexico just waiting for retribution for invading the US. What is he waiting for?

Forum List

Back