What Makes The Upper Midwest Hearty? Or Maybe Nuts?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
urrent conditions as of 2:52 pm CST
Fair
Feels Like:38°
Barometer:30.11 in and falling
Humidity:53%
Visibility:10 mi

Seemed warm enough to me. Washed and dried my car. Did the windows. Will get to vacuum tomorrow. Supposed to be colder then.

:)

Last edited:
Man, it's been really, really nice here in SC for the past week or so. Highs in the 70's.

I'm a big wus when it comes to cold weather. I went on a six week tour up through WV, PA, OH.....friggin' Toledo, in February. I wanted to strangle my agent when I got home. It was miserable.

The following year, I decided I wouldn't go north, but to the midwest and not in February but Oct. and Nov. I got snowed in in KC in an early storm, stuck in the parking lot of a Cheesburger in Paradise restaraunt. I followed the storm back to Little Rock.

The next year, I toured in July. Omaha is nice that time of year.

And despite spending 5 weeks in Frankfurt, Indiana one year, I never did actually see the ground. Screw that. I moved from NC to SC and if I leave here I will be contuing south.

I'd live in the deep South if it weren't for all those Southerners.

I'd live in the far West but the place is mostly devoid of architecture.

I'd live in the Midwest if...no wait a minute...no I wouldn't. No offense, really some of the nicest people in America but your weather truly sucks.

It's about 20 degrees right now in Maine.

Yeah that's right the weather is trying to kill us again.

Im' with ya PJ. Born and raised for 15 years in South Dakota and Minnesota. Now when it hits 50 in Austin it's too damn cold for me. Screw that. 78 here today and I loved every second of it.

Attachments

• $winter.jpg
    $winter.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 65

Forum List

Back