What makes democrats more likely to respond to poll questions?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

This is one of the reasons polls don't measure reality anymore. Only democrats seem to want to respond to them.

I know I usually hang up on them.

This is one of the reasons polls don't measure reality anymore. Only democrats seem to want to respond to them.

They love signaling their virtue to everyone, including anonymous pollsters on the phone.

Republicans are more likely to be gainfully employed, and thus to be less available and less willing to have their time wasted by pollsters. I've long thought that was blatantly obvious.

They were off the mark slightly in 2016..../polls measure people voting and more citizens, by nearly 3 million more, voted for Hillary.

In 2020 the polling had Biden winning, even trump campaign internal polling, had Biden beating Trump... So 2020 was fairly accurate with polling all the way through.

I personally do not answer the pollster questions, I always hang up on them

For your average person that's a democrat I would imagine they are more willing to be open about who they are voting for a few reasons. I don't mean every democrat or every republican is this way, I just mean most of your every day average citizen I've met or known.

1 most I know are pretty self righteous. Almost snobby. They love to talk about things as if they have the ultimate answers for everything and feel full of themselves. So they are more willing to talk about it because it gives them a cheap sense of self satisfaction.

2 democrats as of now are in control of a lot so that emboldens their supporters because they feel more bullet proof and open because they are part of a group that's running the show.

Republicans on the other hand see others being censored, called a racist or a racist or accused of spreading misinformation and so on so they tend to be more low key unless they are around others they know are thinking the same things. They know they aren't part of the ones in control and keep their heads down. Most I've known haven't ever been vocal about their beliefs in general and tend to keep it to themselves

Hate.

That is why they respond to polls. They have a great desire to express their hatred as loudly as they possibly can.

Republicans are more likely to be gainfully employed, and thus to be less available and less willing to have their time wasted by pollsters. I've long thought that was blatantly obvious.
Republicans are more likely to be living in trailer parks. It`s better than having to get a job.

Same here, and I USED to answer them.

The US President has announced that the majority of Republicans are threats to democracy and is planning to hire 87,000 IRS agents to punish them. They see how non-violent protestors of his “win” have had the book thrown at them, while violent criminals get released back on the street.

If pollsters in Germany called people on the phone in 1940 and asked them if they were Jewish, would they have admitted it?

Lazy Dims dont have jobs so what else would they do between sips off their 40 ouncers??

Forum List

Back