what legal system

pete

The food stamp president
Oct 31, 2008
MIAMI - Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth began serving a 30-day jail sentence Tuesday for killing a pedestrian while driving drunk in Florida, a punishment made possible by his cooperation with investigators and the fervent wish by the victim's family to put the matter behind them.

Stallworth, 28, also reached a confidential financial settlement with the family of 59-year-old Mario Reyes, a construction worker struck and killed early on March 14 by Stallworth, driving drunk in his black 2005 Bentley.

Browns' Stallworth pleads guilty and gets 30 days - Ap - Sports - The Columbus Telegram - Columbus, Nebraska's Community Newspaper

dude... 30 days for vehicular homicide/

Money really can buy anything, can't it?

manslaughter***

Well charges were filled by the state, therefore could not be undone, so its not like the civil case lead to the 30 day sentence. If I remember correctly I think I heard on ESPN a while back that there was some loophole or something since the dude he hit was j-walking.

And of course one would expect a wrongful death lawsuit for a case such as this.

No matter how you look at it its murder and DUI
Us podunk folks would be in prison for at least 5 years with a good lawyer.
So 30 days he does 20 and if it ends on a weekend 18 that's bullshit.
He should be dropped from the NFL ... nice role model even Vick got more time.

Without knowing the complete details, I think it is difficult to have an opinion. Would he have hit this guy had he been sober, or is there evidence that his being drunk was the sole reason he hit this guy? What was the guy wearing? Was he dressed in black clothes? Was it still dark out?

We have a lot of roads around here, where people walk on the side of the road. Completely sober, it is very hard to see them at night when they are wearing dark apparel. The bottom line though, is that with the circumstances, he should have received more jail time just for the DUI.

I know it's biased, but ESPN's legal correspondant said it was a usual sentence for the crime. They also said it wouldn't have been as smooth of a pleabargain had the civil case not been settled out of court. Basically Yes he got off because he is rich.

The guy hit, was walking to a bus station from work at 7 am.

Forum List

Back