What Lay Behind ISIS's Attack On Paris, According To Experts

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Let's see what the experts have to say since they have been busy studying the subject of ISIS..

blank.gif

World | Lydia DePillis, The Washington Post | Updated: November 16, 2015 09:27 IST
Ads by Google

paris-attacks-reuters_650x400_71447646024.jpg

A man walks past recently-painted graffiti in Paris. (REUTERS Photo)

On Saturday, a theory began circulating about why the Islamic State, also known as ISIS and ISIL, attacked Paris: Since the Islamic State's drive to gain and hold territory in Syria has suffered setbacks lately, perhaps the group was lashing out to kill people far beyond its borders to compensate.

"This switch toward killing people, toward terrorism is, I think, a sign of their weakness," Audrey Kurth Cronin, director of George Mason University's international security program, said on National Public Radio. "They've lost Sinjar. There was also the killing of Jihadi John. And I think that ISIS is feeling that they need to regain the momentum, that they need to capture people's attention, and they see themselves as using terrorism in order to do that."

Cronin was referring to Kurdish forces retaking a region in northern Iraq, and a U.S. drone strike on the Islamic State's headquarters in the Syrian city of Raqqa that killed a Kuwaiti-born British militant who had appeared in several videos of hostages being beheaded

Continue reading at:

Let's see what the experts have to say since they have been busy studying the subject of ISIS..

blank.gif

World | Lydia DePillis, The Washington Post | Updated: November 16, 2015 09:27 IST
Ads by Google

paris-attacks-reuters_650x400_71447646024.jpg

A man walks past recently-painted graffiti in Paris. (REUTERS Photo)

On Saturday, a theory began circulating about why the Islamic State, also known as ISIS and ISIL, attacked Paris: Since the Islamic State's drive to gain and hold territory in Syria has suffered setbacks lately, perhaps the group was lashing out to kill people far beyond its borders to compensate.

"This switch toward killing people, toward terrorism is, I think, a sign of their weakness," Audrey Kurth Cronin, director of George Mason University's international security program, said on National Public Radio. "They've lost Sinjar. There was also the killing of Jihadi John. And I think that ISIS is feeling that they need to regain the momentum, that they need to capture people's attention, and they see themselves as using terrorism in order to do that."

Cronin was referring to Kurdish forces retaking a region in northern Iraq, and a U.S. drone strike on the Islamic State's headquarters in the Syrian city of Raqqa that killed a Kuwaiti-born British militant who had appeared in several videos of hostages being beheaded

Continue reading at:

If.....IF the bombing of the Russian airliner is true ( I read it was an engine explosion as denoted by aircraft pilots on recorder ) along with the attack in Paris ; as well as the stadium attempt today in Germany, I would believe the Terrorists are not finished .

Close timelines of terror attacks = influx of large amounts of money designated for terror attacks.

This situation needs close monitoring and further analysis .

I would bet that they are not done.

We will see. Stories from the media change - like the bombing of the Russian aircraft recently. Remember..... It was an engine explosion; again...... As verified by the cockpit voice recorder. Then it was a surface to air missile. And I believe I read one story where a terrorist was aboard and brought the aircraft down.

No ones knows...... A lot of people speculate. Experts on national news and news anchors all think they know what they are talking about.

See - even the journalist don't have a clue.

Keep monitoring the news stations. Attack Russia , France and then Germany. I don't believe this to be over.

Look at a World Map ! Think & study.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back