• Rag Doll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love In An Elevator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
If you noticed I said Toys In The Attic was my favorite album

Oh my....this is the Aerosmith that makes my stomach hurt. I hesitate to even call them by that name anymore. When this song came on the radio I IMMEDIATELY turned the station in disgust.
Sorry Bonzi...don't mean to trash your favorite...but I just can't stand how such a great band turned to canned - bubble gum pop.

Agreed. Their old stuff is MUCH better. They sold out for MTV back in the 80s, I think.

Agreed. Their old stuff is MUCH better. They sold out for MTV back in the 80s, I think.

Yes.
It is supposed to be about the music. The money, the lights, the stardom...the fame...is not why artist do what they do. It is about the music. When an artist makes it about the fame and money - they are sell outs.
And the 1980's was like NAFTA for music. Sooo many sold out in that decade.
Van Halen, Journey, Rolling Stones....ugh.

Yes.
It is supposed to be about the music. The money, the lights, the stardom...the fame...is not why artist do what they do. It is about the music. When an artist makes it about the fame and money - they are sell outs.

I hated Van Halen with Sammy Hagar. :cry: The music was soooo bad, IMO.

Yes.

I can't really think of any Stones songs that are like that though. Sure, their music changed a little, but people get older and change, and the music changes with them sometimes, I think.

Yes.

I can't really think of any Stones songs that are like that though. Sure, their music changed a little, but people get older and change, and the music changes with them sometimes, I think.

You probably didn't know that in the mid 80's they essentially split up. Not officially, but in essence they did.
Richards did not like the direction Jaggers was taking the band musically. Jaggers and Richards both released solo songs and collaborations with other artist. The music suffered.
It is kind of hard to believe that after releasing such amazing albums as Some Girls and Tattoo you late 70's and 1980, both albums contain likely 80% of what Stones songs people would name off that they know. They didn't have another hit album until 17 years later. (Steel Wheels) But even that album paled in comparison of the sales of either former greats.
To this day...radio and satellite radio play mostly songs from their early releases. It is what they are known for, and what people want to hear.

Yes.

You probably didn't know that in the mid 80's they essentially split up. Not officially, but in essence they did.
Richards did not like the direction Jaggers was taking the band musically. Jaggers and Richards both released solo songs and collaborations with other artist. The music suffered.
It is kind of hard to believe that after releasing such amazing albums as Some Girls and Tattoo you late 70's and 1980, both albums contain likely 80% of what Stones songs people would name off that they know. They didn't have another hit album until 17 years later. (Steel Wheels) But even that album paled in comparison of the sales of either former greats.
To this day...radio and satellite radio play mostly songs from their early releases. It is what they are known for, and what people want to hear.

Oh, definitely there old stuff was much better, but I like a few of their more recent songs too. They are still The Stones! :rock: Lol!

Yes.

Oh, definitely there old stuff was much better, but I like a few of their more recent songs too. They are still The Stones! :rock: Lol!

They are. Very few bands/artist don't fall into the "fame trap".
The Stones were popular in the 60's, but when Some Girls was released they became superstars. And with that comes temptation like nothing any of us could imagine. How could anyone not start to believe the hype? I believe that is what happened to Mick Jaggers. He thought he was bigger than the Stones. He even made the painful mistake of saying so in a Rolling Stones magazine interview. I remember that. Can't remember exact word, something like "I feel restricted" by the band.
Too bad. They are great because of those two albums now 36 and 38 years ago. Once they got back together - they never got that early magic back.

Yes.

They are. Very few bands/artist don't fall into the "fame trap".
The Stones were popular in the 60's, but when Some Girls was released they became superstars. And with that comes temptation like nothing any of us could imagine. How could anyone not start to believe the hype? I believe that is what happened to Mick Jaggers. He thought he was bigger than the Stones. He even made the painful mistake of saying so in a Rolling Stones magazine interview. I remember that. Can't remember exact word, something like "I feel restricted" by the band.
Too bad. They are great because of those two albums now 36 and 38 years ago. Once they got back together - they never got that early magic back.

It's probably hard to be such a "star" and not let it go to your head a little, but I'll take your word for it. I do agree that their earlier stuff was better, but it's probably not easy to do it with every album. One thing though, they are STILL together and still touring. I think they must be the oldest band still in existence. Lol.

Forum List

Back