What is wrong with Americans?

To much TV. Piss poor parenting. Constant bombardment of digital entertainment that tells them that being selfish and greedy is normal. Same entertainment that tells them its cool to be a degenerate. Same entertainment that tells them that paying attention to politics is dumb, politically incorrect, and makes you a total nerd and loser.

I went to vote yesterday, and I was the only person voting.

What is wrong with Americans that they don't vote???

Rhetoric.

The Left vs. Right paradigm is sickening, to most people who, you know...........actually go outside of their homes, know each other, work TOGETHER.

Plenty of people do not think thier vote counts, and plenty of over people are working overtime to make it so hard to vote that no one wants to put up with the fuss.

I think voting should be mandatory..like Jury Duty.

I voted in the AM...before work and there was no line whatsoever.

I took my wife to the same polling place at about 5:45 last night.

4 booths, 2 empty...no line.

Pathetic.

Maybe we SHOULD let undocumented immigrants vote...at least there will be people voting.

Plenty of people do not think thier vote counts, and plenty of over people are working overtime to make it so hard to vote that no one wants to put up with the fuss.

The unionized garbage collectors of my county were given the day as a paid day off so they can vote.

Cant quite figure that one out seeing as their hours are 6-3 and the polls are open until 8...some til 9.

Pathetic.

Maybe we SHOULD let undocumented immigrants vote...at least there will be people voting.

If I didn't know better I would think you were a liberal.

You sure sounded like one.

well when you elect people who claim they will create jobs and then they do nothing but block anything that will create jobs AND make laws to keep Americans from voting as well as work to get the American government credit downgraded instead it makes people think voting means nothing

I dont think peoples vote counts either. Even if your smart and get a quality candidate once they get into office they forget the campain platform and serve business interests.

The only thing on the ballot in my district in NY were some judges running unapposed, not worth my time.

Pathetic.

it was sarcasm.

What makes me laugh is SO MANY people want to debate me and my conservative values......but when it comes to show they care on elewction day?

They dont have the time.

Yesterday was 60 degrees and sunny...ideal conditions....and turnout was pathetic.

Pathetic.

it was sarcasm.

What makes me laugh is SO MANY people want to debate me and my conservative values......but when it comes to show they care on elewction day?

They dont have the time.

Yesterday was 60 degrees and sunny...ideal conditions....and turnout was pathetic.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I was beginning to worry about you.

I really appreciate the posts on this thread.

It has given me a sense of perspective.

Really? My polling place was packed. These off Year elections though, turn out is always real low unless there is an Important Local Issue on the Ballot.

However over all you are right and I agree. Why the hell do so many Americans just not vote, and then have the balls to sit around and complain about the government. lol

If no one votes now....
Why do we care if there are new requirements for voting.
They aren't voting anyway!!!!:lol::lol:

Its never made any sense to me that people dont show up for the local election. I mean those are the ones that really matter and that we can get involved it.

I was working the polls and getting people out to vote. Maybe if you wanted more people voting you should have done some work.

Rhetoric.

The Left vs. Right paradigm is sickening, to most people who, you know...........actually go outside of their homes, know each other, work TOGETHER.

and how much of that is involved in local elections? It sure doesnt stop them from coming out to the national elections. Those turn outs are significantly higher. Especially around here.

Forum List

Back