What is the right wing's idea of a "Job".

I suspect everyone would agree to that definition. However, I also suspect the more important question is what constitutes the creation of a job. This is where many of us refuse to consider a government job a 'created' job. After all, if the capital used to employ that government worker was first taken from the economy, thereby restricting private enterprise from hiring, we really haven't created anything. We've redistributed a job from the private sector to the public.

Certainly, some government jobs are required to fulfill the enumerated powers required of government but thinking that more government jobs is, in and of itself, a positive thing for the jobs market is flawed thinking.

Further, the idea that government spending is stimulative is highly flawed, whether that spending is on government jobs or just handing out cash. This is demonstrated in the fallacy of the broken window.

A paid position of regular employment.

I generally use that definition.

as a liberal you will lack the IQ to understand. A paid position can be a paid government job or a paid private sector job.

Both are jobs but those paid for by violent government tax action don't help the economy much because they are merely make-work jobs that reflect a soviet bureaucrats guess about what should be done.

Those that arise freely in the private economy do so because they refect the peaceful voluntary actions of private citizens acting freely to improve their standard of living.

See what I mean about you not being able to understand, as a liberal I mean?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back