What is the motto for your state?

Missouri Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto "The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law"

or...

"Your goddamn right Shogun is the MAN"

Cicero.

Or

Cicero - "who's that bloke with the Shogun shotgun?" :lol:

brocklicense.jpg

Ya Oregon passed a law that since gas fumes can be dangerous to your health, NO self service allowed.

Well I don't care about why they did it... I love it. I don't get soaked when it's raining (it does that a lot here). I don't pay anything more for it too. I'm able to get gas for $3.99 currently. I'm figuring the cost is made up in the cost of ins for the gas stations. Instead of a blanket coverage for all customers they just have to cover their employees that are trained how to handle the pumps.

I found as a side benefit, I can threaten my kids with "do you want to grow up pumping gas?" and it's an actual job.

Last edited:
Oregon is one of those states I'm considering moving to if it falls apart for me here in Maine.

Very progressive folks there, I'm told.

Oregon is one of those states I'm considering moving to if it falls apart for me here in Maine.

Very progressive folks there, I'm told.

Well... We have a nice balance of the liberals in the city and the conservatives in the country. I can be out of the city and into the wild in short time. We have lots to do even when it's raining... BTW the rain is mostly just a drizzle.

KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD is the modern motto for the Portland Metro.

Well I don't care about why they did it... I love it. I don't get soaked when it's raining (it does that a lot here). I don't pay anything more for it too. I'm able to get gas for $3.99 currently. I'm figuring the cost is made up in the cost of ins for the gas stations. Instead of a blanket coverage for all customers they just have to cover their employees that are trained how to handle the pumps.

I found as a side benefit, I can threaten my kids with "do you want to grow up pumping gas?" and it's an actual job.

We don't pump our gas in Jersey, either. And we're always near the top in cheapest gas prices. I always though that was strange, but I guess it has to do with our refineries. You would just think that a gas station that has to pay people to pump would charge more.

Oh, and NJ is "Liberty and Prosperity"

It OUGHT to be "Liberals and Progressives" instead.

Last edited:
Well... We have a nice balance of the liberals in the city and the conservatives in the country. I can be out of the city and into the wild in short time. We have lots to do even when it's raining... BTW the rain is mostly just a drizzle.

KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD is the modern motto for the Portland Metro.

Why didn't you come up with your own damn motto for Portland instead of stealing Austin's ??????

I thought Jersey's motto was "The armpit of America"...

I suppose that's the unofficial one.

But there's no shortage of good cheesesteak joints though. :cool:

This has really been fun. Lot's better hearing about "home" states from people that actually live there - than reading about them, if you have no plans to visit the state. :eusa_angel:

With the exception of Oregon, which sounds lovely. If I could sell this dang Central California house I will be going through Oregon on my way to Washington State. :D

Texas:

"The Lone Star State"

Hey, all it took was a drunk redneck looking at the flag to think THAT one up.:lol:

I was told it was because he was off his face on Lone Star at the time. Just as well though, can you imagine:

"Texas - the Shiner Bock State"

Doesn't have the same ring to it does it? :D

Forum List

Back