What is she, daft??

I didn't ask for clarification in my earlier post, but it is obviously important to mention that my thinking and modern usage of words are not always in sinc. Sometimes I do favor the older tradition writings and meanings but out of familiarity.

Modern Synonyms: balmy, barmy [chiefly British], bats, batty, bedlam, bonkers, brainsick, bughouse [slang], certifiable, crackbrained, cracked, crackers, crackpot, cranky [dialect], crazed, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, insane, demented, deranged, fruity [slang], gaga, haywire, kooky (also kookie), loco [slang], loony (also looney), loony tunes (or looney tunes), lunatic, mad, maniacal (also maniac), mental, meshuga (or meshugge also meshugah or meshuggah), moonstruck, non compos mentis, nuts, nutty, psycho, psychotic, scatty [chiefly British], screwy, unbalanced, unhinged, unsound, wacko (also whacko), wacky (also whacky), wud [chiefly Scottish]

What do you need daft to mean here? Daft - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Origin: Middle English dafte gentle, stupid; akin to Old English gedæfte mild, gentle, Middle English defte deft, Old Church Slavic podobati to be fitting
Daft | Define Daft at Dictionary.com Origin: before 1000; Middle English dafte uncouth, awkward; earlier, gentle, meek, Old English dæfte; compare deft

Modern Synonyms: adroit, artful, bravura, skillful, delicate, dexterous (also dextrous), expert, masterful, masterly, practiced (also practised), virtuoso, workmanlike

Origin: Middle English defte gentle — more at daft

I have found it interesting to have many people who are very well educated and who I admire on many levels show immense disrespect toward religion's potential and the indivisible common union religion and natural medicine shares. To many modern minded individuals that would (should) give a whole new depth and logic to the spiritual teachings of our beloved KJV bible. *hearts*

Daft - the English version. :cuckoo:

:eusa_hand: Well, as I mentioned, many young adult styles can be a shock to the middle aged or those not in the public eye. I can see where her look is absolutely a bit awkward considering the comfort and balancing factor but not necessarily uncouth. Deft would be better fitting, perhaps, as she has a style of her own and obviously shows the artful ability to skillfully walk looking like a model dressed like a happy and efficient mother.

Yeah ... hey. Here's the thing, Melissa. I'm not under a rock. If all manner of women were already wearing 7" platform stilettos while they carried their babies sans car seat, it wouldn't be a shock this time.

Forum List

Back