what is heavier?

I'm afraid you are wrong. The statement was made obviously assuming an equal volume of material for both materials. Lead has a higher atomic weight, but Gold has nearly twice the DENSITY.
Lol, that is not was he said. Not my job to be a mind reader.

Funny, I didn't need to read any minds to know what was meant. Everyone apparently perfectly understood but YOU.
The whole purpose of this podantic thread and original question was to sort out who knew the difference between mass and weight. Obviously meister did not know the difference. Now he does. I did not create the thread. Blame the guy who did.

The whole purpose of this podantic thread

I think you mean pedantic.

original question was to sort out who knew the difference between mass and weight. Obviously meister did not know the difference.

I'm pretty sure he does and always has, and I believe his post DEMONSTRATED THAT. Indeed, it was YOUR response to him and your comment about "mind reading" that suggested YOU were the person confused by the terminology!

I'm pretty sure he does and always has, and I believe his post DEMONSTRATED THAT. Indeed, it was YOUR response to him and your comment about "mind reading" that suggested YOU were the person confused by the terminology!
Lol this is his first post. "Gold is nearly twice the weight of lead." That is an erroneous statement.

Yep, unfortunately for me I was in the wrong here. Considering I use to teach this shit it is alarming to me I find myself losing my words and mixing up terms alot lately not good. Has me worried.

Forum List

Back