What Is America?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
America used to be in a class of its own when it came to being compared to other countries. We used to say that it was the land of the free and the home of the brave. So what is it now? How can we even describe it?

Perceptions of a nation are largely relative. After most of the world was recovering from the destruction of WW2, it was easy to see America as a "shining city on a hill." A broader look at America is that it was a grand experiment, but that all experiments come to an end.

Is America worse now than before? I guess that depends on who you ask. We got rid of slavery and Jim Crow, but turned our education system into a leftist propaganda machine. I'd call that even at this point.

Maybe whatever replaces America eventually will learn not to fall prey to identity politics. That is hard to avoid in a multicultural society however.

America is now the home of the Queers and the Land of the Trans. And we have the liberal news media and Hollywood elites to thank for it. Thank you very much.

We were a great nation long ago. Not so much now. We’ve become a nation run by a rapacious oligarchy only concerned with making enormous profits at the expense of the people.

I asked a similar question like this a couple years ago after I just joined. Something about the death of America or something and back then everybody was like well our country might be bad, but Joe Biden isn't going to make things THAT bad. Well, he certainly turned our country into a three-ring circus and it's conducted by the DC clowns.

America used to be in a class of its own when it came to being compared to other countries. We used to say that it was the land of the free and the home of the brave. So what is it now? How can we even describe it?
We've always called it a melting pot.

It still is. That is our strength.

E pluribus unum!

We've always called it a melting pot.

It still is. That is our strength.

E pluribus unum!
I beg to differ. The melting pot concept generally only worked when it was mostly limited to Europeans. Even then, it had a lot of problems.

After 1965, all bets were off. We got more diversity than we could handle.

I beg to differ. The melting pot concept generally only worked when it was mostly limited to Europeans. Even then, it had a lot of problems.

After 1965, all bets were off. We got more diversity than we could handle.
You don't like darkies, eh?

I beg to differ. The melting pot concept generally only worked when it was mostly limited to Europeans.
galway.jpg

You don't like darkies, eh?
It's not about race. It's about culture. And yes, bringing in a lot of Italians and Irish brought many problems of its own.

It was substantially easier to bridge the cultural gap between European cultures than with non-Europeans (in most cases).

That being said, East Asians seem to assimilate pretty well here.

"The floodgates are open. The bars are down. The sally-ports are unguarded. The dam is washed away. The sewer is unchoked. Europe is vomiting! In other words, the scum of immigration is viscerating upon our shores.” - Newspaper editor, 1890

Same bullshit, different century.

"The floodgates are open. The bars are down. The sally-ports are unguarded. The dam is washed away. The sewer is unchoked. Europe is vomiting! In other words, the scum of immigration is viscerating upon our shores.” - Newspaper editor, 1890

Same bullshit, different century.
There's a good reason non-Western nations are usually strict about immigration.

Forum List

Back