What is a vital U.S. Interest?

It's the magnitude of the current situation. Right now our own Government is a more a of threat to us than any foreign nation, even mainstream news polls reflect this opinion.

That is crazy talk. But if you truly feel that way I get it why your moniker is the name of the amendment that is about militias.

When you insist that EVERYONE ELSE is crazy, you are in fact, the one who is crazy. More than ONE STANDARD DEVIATION of the population agrees with what I just said.

Record High in U.S. Say Big Government Greatest Threat

jlaajnj50uiqlfbphys0qq.png

What is a vital U.S. Interest?
Pakistan. It is a country that has nuclear weapons. Al-Qaeda and the Taliban have a strong presence in Pakistan. A vital interest is to make sure that those nuclear weapons continue to be safeguarded.

especially since some think they may have just acquired their newest delivery system from the Malaysian airlines....

as I said, you have no idea what the civil war was all about, your last post confirms it.

Hint; it was not about slavery.

Oh no. You're one of those conservatives. Just a rung above the birthers on the ladder of conservative insanity. The sad myth that the treason states did not rebel to protect slavery is laughable. I suggest you not admit to believing this myth in polite society.

On Dec. 24, 1860, delegates at South Carolina’s secession convention adopted a “Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union.” It noted “an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery” and protested that Northern states had failed to “fulfill their constitutional obligations” by interfering with the return of fugitive slaves to bondage. Slavery, not states’ rights, birthed the Civil War.

Five myths about why the South seceded - The Washington Post

the washington post version of history :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It quotes right from SC's secession declaration, which includes a pathetic pity party about how their runaway slaves weren't sent back by Northerners. :eusa_boohoo:

When it comes to the cause of the Civil War, it's always best to rely on the actual writing of the men who caused the Civil War instead of their anonymous internet loserboy defenders of today.

The libs here, and their fellow travelling narco-libertarians, maintain that Ukraine is not a vital US interest and we need to stay away.
So what is a vital U.S. interest? Philippines? Cuba? Hawaii? California? At what point is action of any kind a necessity?

Philippines: Nope.

Cuba: Nope.

Hawaii: Yep.

California: Yep.

At what point is action of any kind a necessity?
When someone threatens the actual U.S., including its formally recognized territories/districts, or a country with which we have a border that asks for our support.
OK. The lesson of Afghanistan is that isnt true. We were engaged in Afghanistan. Then we pulled out. Afghanistan literally was shorthand for the other side of the universe that no one cared about. Most people didnt even know where it was.
Then we suffered the biggest attack on US soil since WW2, orchestrated from Afghanistan, that place we abandoned.
So attacks can come from anywhere these days.
Where attacks come from is largely irrelevant; what matters, especially with this "War on Terror" nonsense, is where the attacks end up. In the case of 9/11, it was on U.S. soil. Literally no number of soldiers stationed in Afghanistan could ever, ever protect the actual U.S.; do recall that we aren't fighting guys in easily-identifiable uniforms and maintaining clear front lines, we're fighting an ideology, a set of tactics, and almost undetectable strangers in a crowd. The planes that struck on 9/11 were not hijacked over Afghan airspace, they were hijacked in American airspace by foreign-born individuals who'd legally entered the U.S. and had illegally overstayed their visas but were not deported.

I also believe that a large part of the U.S. being a target for terror attacks is due to our overly interventionist foreign policy; if we hadn't screwed around with Afghanistan to begin with, would they really care about us? Do you see al-Qaeda torching Peruvian embassies or bombing IKEA factories? No, because nobody cares about Peru or Sweden because they don't bother anybody. Never in my life have I met someone with an undying hatred of Lithuania; not surprisingly, their country doesn't station troops in over a hundred foreign nations, doesn't whore the worst aspects of its culture all over the world, and doesn't constantly prop up oppressive dictatorships and corrupt "democracies" in other countries.

Forum List

Back