What is a "Minimum Standard of Living"?

IN another thread David-42 (his screen name indicates his IQ) proposed that the min wage should be enough to insure a "minimum standard of living that everyone agrees to." So I want to know, what is that standard? Is it a bedroom somewhere, a 1BR apartment, a pop up tent, a cell phone, a computer, working electricity, indoor plumbing, etc?
Please leave off discussions of whether that is even a reasonable standard for min wage. That's for another day For now, what is a minimum standard of living?
Not sure how to quantify it. Suffice it to say the minimum standard is Obama's goal for the morons who follow him.

Democrats want to eliminate entry level jobs to keep the Milllenials permanently unemployed.

Then, they figure, they will be miserable and vote Democrat.

IN another thread David-42 (his screen name indicates his IQ) proposed that the min wage should be enough to insure a "minimum standard of living that everyone agrees to." So I want to know, what is that standard? Is it a bedroom somewhere, a 1BR apartment, a pop up tent, a cell phone, a computer, working electricity, indoor plumbing, etc?
Please leave off discussions of whether that is even a reasonable standard for min wage. That's for another day For now, what is a minimum standard of living?
Not sure how to quantify it. Suffice it to say the minimum standard is Obama's goal for the morons who follow him.
And the republicans standard ?

Why should I have to live up to someone else's idea of minimum? Fuck that shit. To each his own.
If you want to live under a tarp and shit in a bucket that's fine with me .
Just don't bitch when things get tough.

Well, you're better than the fucking government, and all the other douchebags who want to tell others how to live. Good for you!

Enough that when you work 8 hours a day/5 days per week you can afford a roof over your head, food to feed your family, wife and at least 2 kids.

Why not?
By the time you get to the "wife and two kids" part of your life you should, barring poor life choices, have a marketable skill worth more than minimum wage.

"Minimum standards of living"
Halvsies roommates in an efficiency apartment, a Wal-Mart cellphone, ramen noodles for lunch and supper and bottom shelf cereal for breakfast.
:dunno:

Enough that when you work 8 hours a day/5 days per week you can afford a roof over your head, food to feed your family, wife and at least 2 kids.

Why not?
By the time you get to the "wife and two kids" part of your life you should, barring poor life choices, have a marketable skill worth more than minimum wage.

Halvsies roommates in an efficiency apartment, a Wal-Mart cellphone, ramen noodles for lunch and supper and bottom shelf cereal for breakfast.
Take out the cell phone and breakfast 3 to 4 times a week and you've just discribed how I paid for college did just about anything that paid a wage.

Why not?

Take out the cell phone and breakfast 3 to 4 times a week and you've just discribed how I paid for college did just about anything that paid a wage.
No college for me, but I was speaking from experience....minus the cellphone also

Why not?

Good grief who want's that suck ass life living paycheck to paycheck that's some liberal thinking for you. I lived that life until I was 30 years old, voting for Democrats, earning too much for assistance, too little to get a head, driving used cars, renting, fuck that.

As a conservative the minimum standard of living in my opinion is enough to get married, have kids, buy a home, fund the kids college, buy a boat or RV, take vacations, fund personal growth e.g. hobbies, artistic desires, crafts, whatever, retire comfortably before you are too old to enjoy it, and do all this without going into debt up to your eyeballs. Hell yeah that's more like it.

Nobody wants the suck ass life liberals are selling, its way more fun to be a 2 percenter trust me on this.
Funny ,

I've done all that and more as a liberal.
Someone is over playing the importance of a political choice.

Ah, the elite liberal class who throws the poor and middle class under the bus in favor of their retarded ideology.
Nope that's you guys
In your " suck ass post you are doing the very same thing you claim is elitist.
Your contradiction is cronic.

You are just whining because I called out the elitist liberal shitheads for who they really are.

Why not?

Good grief who want's that suck ass life living paycheck to paycheck that's some liberal thinking for you. I lived that life until I was 30 years old, voting for Democrats, earning too much for assistance, too little to get a head, driving used cars, renting, fuck that.

As a conservative the minimum standard of living in my opinion is enough to get married, have kids, buy a home, fund the kids college, buy a boat or RV, take vacations, fund personal growth e.g. hobbies, artistic desires, crafts, whatever, retire comfortably before you are too old to enjoy it, and do all this without going into debt up to your eyeballs. Hell yeah that's more like it.

Nobody wants the suck ass life liberals are selling, its way more fun to be a 2 percenter trust me on this.
Funny ,

I've done all that and more as a liberal.
Someone is over playing the importance of a political choice.

Ah, the elite liberal class who throws the poor and middle class under the bus in favor of their retarded ideology.
Nope that's you guys
In your " suck ass post you are doing the very same thing you claim is elitist.
Your contradiction is cronic.

You are just whining because I called out the elitist liberal shitheads for who they really are.
False your post says you are exactly like "them".

Forum List

Back