What in the world is wrong with people?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Ame Deal, Arizona 10-Year-Old, Killed By Family For Taking Popsicle: Police

The family of a 10-year-old found dead in a trunk outside an Arizona home initially claimed the child died while playing hide-and-seek. But investigators now believe Ame Deal suffocated after her family locked her in the box because she took a popsicle from the freezer without permission.

Phoenix police claim Deal's grandmother, aunt and two cousins regularly subjected the child to horrific treatment, ultimately culminating in her July 12 death.

"This child died at the hands of those who were supposed to love and care for her. ... This case has turned the stomachs of some of our most seasoned detectives," said Phoenix Police spokesman Sergeant Trent Crump in a statement posted on the city's website.

Deal's passing was classified as a "death unknown" until July 28, according to the police press release.

But after Deal's cousin Samantha Allen, 23, and her husband, John Allen, 23, admitted putting the child in the trunk and padlocking it, authorities charged the couple with first degree murder.

John Allen was allegedly angry with Deal because she had taken a popsicle from the freezer, AZFamily reports.

The victim's aunt, Cynthia Stoltzmann, 44, and grandmother, Judith Deal, 62, were charged with child abuse and kidnapping after reportedly admitting to locking the child in the box on previous occasions.

Witnesses told investigators the child was regularly punished by being locked in the trunk. They also saw the caregivers force Deal to eat dog feces as punishment, crush cans barefoot and exercise outdoors in "extreme measures," according to ABC15.

Deal's aunt allegedly confessed to putting hot sauce in the child's mouth, striking her with a paddle dubbed "Butt Buster" and ordering the child to sleep on the floor of a stall shower because she had a problem with wetting the bed, the news station reports.

Deal, who weighed just 59 pounds and was discovered in soiled clothing, died in a box that measured less than 3 feet long, 14 inches wide and one foot tall, according to The New York Daily News.

Twelve children who lived at the residence have been taken into custody by Child Protective Services, ABC15 reports.

The whereabouts of the child's mother are unknown and authorities are currently trying to locate Deal's biological father.

Witnesses SAW this going on and nobody said ANYTHING? DID anything? wtf is WRONG with people???

Witnesses SAW this going on and nobody said ANYTHING? DID anything? wtf is WRONG with people???

You’d have to research the issue further to determine if it was a failure to report by the witnesses or a failure to respond by child welfare when the report was made.

I read this about five minutes ago. I agree.

WHAT THE FUCK!

I hope there's a special ass-raping cell in jail for that bunch.

• Banned

You’d have to research the issue further to determine if it was a failure to report by the witnesses or a failure to respond by child welfare when the report was made.

Uh, the report said people witnessed the punishment dished out to this kid. Research? It's a bit too late for that now, ain't it? Kind of like the gal that got stabbed to death in NY but nobody helped her.

Yeah, all I'd have to do is see someone make a kid eat dog shit once, and I'd be on the phone to the police so fast it would make your head spin.

What did people think, that they should "mind their own business"? Sick.

Poor, poor little girl.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I wouldn't be on the phone. I'd be over there cramming dog shit in the bitches face doing it to the kid, THEN I'd call the police.

Exactly. I've had to make the 'hard calls' a few times since I started working in education, but if I ever witnessed a child being hurt...yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

Ame Deal, Arizona 10-Year-Old, Killed By Family For Taking Popsicle: Police

The family of a 10-year-old found dead in a trunk outside an Arizona home initially claimed the child died while playing hide-and-seek. But investigators now believe Ame Deal suffocated after her family locked her in the box because she took a popsicle from the freezer without permission.

Phoenix police claim Deal's grandmother, aunt and two cousins regularly subjected the child to horrific treatment, ultimately culminating in her July 12 death.

"This child died at the hands of those who were supposed to love and care for her. ... This case has turned the stomachs of some of our most seasoned detectives," said Phoenix Police spokesman Sergeant Trent Crump in a statement posted on the city's website.

Deal's passing was classified as a "death unknown" until July 28, according to the police press release.

But after Deal's cousin Samantha Allen, 23, and her husband, John Allen, 23, admitted putting the child in the trunk and padlocking it, authorities charged the couple with first degree murder.

John Allen was allegedly angry with Deal because she had taken a popsicle from the freezer, AZFamily reports.

The victim's aunt, Cynthia Stoltzmann, 44, and grandmother, Judith Deal, 62, were charged with child abuse and kidnapping after reportedly admitting to locking the child in the box on previous occasions.

Witnesses told investigators the child was regularly punished by being locked in the trunk. They also saw the caregivers force Deal to eat dog feces as punishment, crush cans barefoot and exercise outdoors in "extreme measures," according to ABC15.

Deal's aunt allegedly confessed to putting hot sauce in the child's mouth, striking her with a paddle dubbed "Butt Buster" and ordering the child to sleep on the floor of a stall shower because she had a problem with wetting the bed, the news station reports.

Deal, who weighed just 59 pounds and was discovered in soiled clothing, died in a box that measured less than 3 feet long, 14 inches wide and one foot tall, according to The New York Daily News.

Twelve children who lived at the residence have been taken into custody by Child Protective Services, ABC15 reports.

The whereabouts of the child's mother are unknown and authorities are currently trying to locate Deal's biological father.

Thats just more of that thar murkin exceptional-ism.

People don't want to get involved, but I have a number of times. One time I came upon this scene outside a grocery store - some black woman was really walloping her kid for some reason. A white woman told her to stop it just as I was coming on the scene. The black woman of course said something like "shut up cracker". I said "stop it or I'll call the police". This is before cell phones were in wide use, so we went to a pay phone and called the cops. The black lady saw what was happening and drove away. Of course, we got her license number and told the police when they arrived. The police took info down, but never got back to me as I expected - don't know how the issue was resolved.

So the bad old government didn't do enough? Or these dumb bastards had child after child because planned parenthood or birth control wasn't available? Or poverty and lack of education leads to stupid people who believe and do stupid things? This stuff happens day in day out in America and I assume the world, the false anguish and care are meaningless in a nation that cares more for money than humans, a nation that cares more about war machinery than healthcare, personally I get tired of reading the crocodile tears when public services often suck and the same people who cry over this child's wretched life deny the child the care and services only the public realm can provide - cause people simply don't give a fluck. America lost the Golden Rule with Reagan, get over it.

"['Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act'— now widely referred to as welfare repeal]...fails to acknowledge the role that scientific poverty expertise played in bringing welfare as we knew it to an end. Following a well-established pattern in post–Great Society policy analysis, the Clinton administration’s poverty experts had already embraced and defined the parameters of a sweeping welfare reform featuring proposals that promised to change the behavior of poor people while paying little more than rhetorical attention to the problems of low-wage work, rising income inequality, or structural economic change, and none at all to the steadily mounting political disenfranchisement of the postindustrial working class. Approaching the poverty problem within the narrow conceptual frame of individual failings rather than structural inequality, of cultural and skill “deficits” rather than the unequal distribution of power and wealth, the social scientific architects of President Clinton’s original, comparatively less punitive welfare reform proposal made “dependency” their principal target and then stood by helpless as congressional conservatives took their logic to its radical extreme. Their helplessness in the matter was not just a matter of “bad” politics laying “good” scientific knowledge to waste. It was also a failure of the knowledge itself." Introduction, Alice O'Connor: 'Poverty Knowledge' [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Poverty-Knowledge-Science-Twentieth-Century-Politics/dp/0691102554/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Poverty Knowledge: Social Science, Social Policy, and the Poor in Twentieth-Century U.S. History (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America) (9780691102559): Alice O'Connor: Books[/ame]

Call me a clueless liberal, but yeah I'd say that these people's version of "tough love" was a tad over the top.

It's very possible that the witnesses named in the report are other siblings living in the home. And, those of you who are using this child's death as an opportunity to make political points are crass and disgusting fucktards.

Last edited:
So the bad old government didn't do enough? Or these dumb bastards had child after child because planned parenthood or birth control wasn't available? Or poverty and lack of education leads to stupid people who believe and do stupid things? This stuff happens day in day out in America and I assume the world, the false anguish and care are meaningless in a nation that cares more for money than humans, a nation that cares more about war machinery than healthcare, personally I get tired of reading the crocodile tears when public services often suck and the same people who cry over this child's wretched life deny the child the care and services only the public realm can provide - cause people simply don't give a fluck. America lost the Golden Rule with Reagan, get over it.

"['Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act'— now widely referred to as welfare repeal]...fails to acknowledge the role that scientific poverty expertise played in bringing welfare as we knew it to an end. Following a well-established pattern in post–Great Society policy analysis, the Clinton administration’s poverty experts had already embraced and defined the parameters of a sweeping welfare reform featuring proposals that promised to change the behavior of poor people while paying little more than rhetorical attention to the problems of low-wage work, rising income inequality, or structural economic change, and none at all to the steadily mounting political disenfranchisement of the postindustrial working class. Approaching the poverty problem within the narrow conceptual frame of individual failings rather than structural inequality, of cultural and skill “deficits” rather than the unequal distribution of power and wealth, the social scientific architects of President Clinton’s original, comparatively less punitive welfare reform proposal made “dependency” their principal target and then stood by helpless as congressional conservatives took their logic to its radical extreme. Their helplessness in the matter was not just a matter of “bad” politics laying “good” scientific knowledge to waste. It was also a failure of the knowledge itself." Introduction, Alice O'Connor: 'Poverty Knowledge' Amazon.com: Poverty Knowledge: Social Science, Social Policy, and the Poor in Twentieth-Century U.S. History (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America) (9780691102559): Alice O'Connor: Books
It's not a political issue, you classless dimwit.

:evil:

All issues are finally political, but if you think it isn't political prove it. I'll wait.

And thanks for rep.

Si modo said:
Hi, you have received -375 reputation points from Si modo.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Neg for making this political. Classless.

Regards,
Si modo

Note: This is an automated message.

All issues are finally political, but if you think it isn't political prove it. I'll wait.

And thanks for rep.

Si modo said:

Comment:

Regards,
Si modo

Waaaaaaah!

Secondly, only lunatics and illogical buffoons ask that a negative be proven.

Take a gander and see how stupid that makes you look for asking: Argument from ignorance: "Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance", is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not been proven false (or vice versa). ...."

Just because you toss some random thought out there does not make it stand true.

Lazy idiot.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

And thanks for rep.

Si modo said:

Comment:

Regards,
Si modo

I think this particular situation, as are many others just like it, only become "political" when we come to the shocking reality that this country seems to be breeding a lot of creepy "people" (?) who have no clue how to behave like they are blessed with brains far superior to lower life forms, nor do they have any sense of moral obligation at all--which strangely even many other species of the animal kingdom do. When did that begin? And can it be traced to class warfare?

I honestly don't know. So please don't go on the attack.

This just sickens me. Yeah, this is not a political problem, it's a people problem...people not reporting it or intervening when they saw it and if indeed CPS was involved in this family, failure are those folks to do their jobs properly....and it goes without saying, but failure on the caretakers here to resemble anything human. Bless that poor child's heart....she could not depend on any adult in her life to protect her...what a sad statement about our society.

Things used to happen like this twenty, thirty, or forty years ago.

It just wasn't in the media, wasn't reported, wasn't talked about...because people wanted to stay out of other people's business even more so.

Forum List

Back