What if George W. Bush had..............

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything?

I always wondered what would have happened if JFK had become impotent?

I bet he would have actually worked longer at being President than he did getting laid.

Somebody checked their email today!

Answer the questions. Though on second thought since it will all be lies don't bother. You liberal kool aid drinkers simply amaze me with what it is you supposedly found bad about Bush but can not find a single thing Obama is doing bad. Retard comes to mind, Idiotic dumb ass is another. And of course Partisan hack is the big one.

And I just love how Bush was bad but the defense for Obama is always "well BUSH did it". And with a straight face.

OH Jeeze....here we go again

Spouting right wingnut nonsense and expecting serious responses. I am not going to refute point by point, it is not worth the effort.

But....George Bush did use a teleprompter like every president used a teleprompter or written notes, Bush took AF1 on more trips to Crawford than any other president took trips, Bush wasted fuel to go to the Olympics, Bush reduced retirement holdings of anyone in the stock market, Bush kissed the Saudi king and held his hand......

We have been through this crap a thousand times.

Try something original

Yup, more left wing excuses.
"Sure Obama bowed and scraped to every totalitatarian and monarch but Bush shook hands with heads of state."
"Sure Obama wasted time and money flying to Copenhagen on a narcissistic fool's errand, but Bush once flew to LA."
It is the same moral equivalencies we've seen between the US and the Soviets. And it speaks to the moral bankruptcy of the left.

I'm assuming anyone can answer, correct? OK, I'll have a go.

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
Probably not.

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
Probably not, but I wouldn't have got all bent out of shape about it.

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?
It's a bigger question than that

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
I'd have thought it ill advised for a President to do so, but it's not that big of a deal

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
No, I wouldn't

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
No, I wouldn't, but I would have thought it an ill considered gift.

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?
No. He's the Head of State. Heads of State shouldn't need to bow to anyone.

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
Probably not.

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?
Probably not.

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
No, but I'd have laughed.

If George W. Bush had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?
I'm not familiar with the "advice" story, but the Quayle thing has to be seen in context.

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?
Somewhat, but then again I would also have known he was a politician.

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?
I'd have thought it was a bit stupid, but a storm in a teacup. Then again, I'm not a New Yorker, who may have different sensitivities.

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
Can't comment. Not sufficiently familiar with the story.

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.
I would disapprove if the czars had powers that were unconstitutional

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
I was under the impression that the case you are alluding to was a condition, not an order. But, hypothetically, if it was indeed an order I would disapprove.

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
As a general point of principle, no, I wouldn't.

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
As a general point of principle, no, I wouldn't.

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything?
I don't think he's brilliant and impressive, but I'm guessing this last one is more rhetorical than the others.

Are you asking for a serious response to claims like Obama is the FIRST president to use a teleprompter, that he is the first president to take a vacation, or that he is the first president to go to the theater?

You see, when wingnuts hurl out crap like this, they simply lose credibility. There are some legitimate concerns to be voiced, but when you lump in silly crap like this, people just immediately write you off as a wingnut and the REAL concerns just get blown off as just more wingnut rambling.

It's stupid.

If you want to be taken seriously, and if you want your concerns to be taken seriously DON'T water them down with all this silly crap that only makes YOU look disreputable.

if he had done such i would not approve, HOWEVER Obama has not doubled our History's national debt in one year, not even Bush's national debt in one year....

you are misusing the term DEBT, you should be using the term 'Budget Deficit' not national debt or debt if you are implying this comment refers to Obama.

President Bush, doubled our History's National Debt from creation as a country, in just 8 years.

Bush spent more time on vacation than any other president in US History. Considering the damage he caused, it was probably a "good" thing.

The tax cuts for the rich, the two wars, and all the no-bid contracts are the reason.

Bush participated in the special olympics. His sport was "failure" and "cheerleader".

Better he bow to him, they way Eisenhower and Nixon did, than stick his tongue in his mouth and stroll along holding hands. So Jeff Gannon.

Bush never had "minor slips", only "major gaffes".

Bush scortched Iraq. What he did was way worse.

Merely an embarrassment, not like the aftermath of Katrina. That should have been a crime. "Good job Brownie".

Czars were created under Ronald Reagan. They have no power. The are expert advisors. Are you saying Bush couldn't have used "expert advisors"?

Yes, yes and yes. Halliburton and Blackwater.

Where do you think the debt came from? Bush was the only president who cut taxes during a time of war. Worse, he didn't include either war in his budget.

Because he is fixing Bush's screwups.

You know, if Bush hadn't invaded Iraq by fooling the American people and if he hadn't let Bin Laden go, history would see him as successful instead of just an "incompetant dunce".

Somebody checked their email today!

Answer the questions. Though on second thought since it will all be lies don't bother. You liberal kool aid drinkers simply amaze me with what it is you supposedly found bad about Bush but can not find a single thing Obama is doing bad. Retard comes to mind, Idiotic dumb ass is another. And of course Partisan hack is the big one.

And I just love how Bush was bad but the defense for Obama is always "well BUSH did it". And with a straight face.

Pardon me, you have a little froth at the corner of your mouth you might want to wipe away.

What if Obama had a stroke or something and was unable to finish up his term as President and we got the clown Joe Biden for President? Obama is just foolish. At least Biden would be silly and fun to listen to and watch make a bigger fool of himself.

You know, if Bush hadn't invaded Iraq by fooling the American people and if he hadn't let Bin Laden go, history would see him as successful instead of just an "incompetant dunce".

If Bush "fooled the American people" wouldn't that make all of US the dunce and not him?

Are you asking for a serious response to claims like Obama is the FIRST president to use a teleprompter, that he is the first president to take a vacation, or that he is the first president to go to the theater?

You see, when wingnuts hurl out crap like this, they simply lose credibility. There are some legitimate concerns to be voiced, but when you lump in silly crap like this, people just immediately write you off as a wingnut and the REAL concerns just get blown off as just more wingnut rambling.

It's stupid.

If you want to be taken seriously, and if you want your concerns to be taken seriously DON'T water them down with all this silly crap that only makes YOU look disreputable.

Even if there was an attempt to get serious answers to these questions, you wouldn't be honest enough to provide them. What I find so telling about this is that you just get pissed off and start hurling "wingnut" around...again. But the truth is, you know that you have viciously attacked Bush for much less and instead of admitting that BO has not been the shining example of hope and change that we were expecting, you can only continue to blame Bush and try to steer the attention away from BO's ineptness. It's fine and good for you to call Bush a chimp and an alchy and an idiot...but when someone dares to show the flaws and shortcomings of your token saviour, you go apeshit.

If you want to be taken seriously and if you want your opinions to be considered viable, the DON'T avoid the questions and be big enough to admit when the man who you call President fails....and fail he has!!!

But you won't....

And THAT my friend...is stupid.

If Bush "fooled the American people" wouldn't that make all of US the dunce and not him?

Of course not. We expect the president to have information that we don't have. We expect him to make decisions for the good of the country.

The press is supposed to be a watch dog. They have "staff" all around the world. They knew that the bulk of Iraq's industry was making rugs and growing dates. They knew Iraq was devestated after an eight year war with Iran and getting their asses whipped after the invasion of Kuwait.

But we didn't know.

90% of the Americans that were in the military and that went to Iraq believed Saddam was behind 9/11. I previously put up links to pols showing that. Where did Americans get that idea? All except 1 of the hijackers were from Arabia. We knew Bin Laden was in Afghanistan and he said he was behind the attack. Yet, 90% of the military though Saddam was behind 9/11. Where did they get that idea?

Bush thought if he could bring "democracy" to the Middle East, the other countries would become democratic and he would be the champion of the world. But they are not us. They don't want what we want. Bush, didn't even know the difference between Sunni and Shia. He just "Decided".

Last edited by a moderator:
What if Obama had started a war based on lies?

What if Obama had initiated the worst recession in 70 years?

What if Obama had ignored the worst natural disaster in US history?

What if Obama had repealed crucial environmental and workplace protections?

What if Obama had started two wars and cut taxes to pay for them?

What if Obama openly engaged in torture?

He, and his party would be driven into exile....just like the republicans

If Obama had done all those things, then he would BE a Republican.

If Obama had done all those things, then he would BE a Republican.

You got me

This is the second time I've seen this post in as many days... What if we move to a different topic?

Forum List

Back