Palin Vs Democrat Sexism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lumpy 1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    Oh come on Democrats.. Just admit it's okay to be sexist if the object of your sexism is a conservative woman.. :eusa_shhh:

All this BS about some lousy interviews.. is just that..

2. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Sexist, sexist Democrats. Got within an inch of running a woman for president in the last election then made her Secretary of State. Are congressionally led by the first female Speaker of The House, making her the highest ranking woman in US political history.

Look, there are people who cast aspersions on Palin and Clinton and female politicians generally because they're sexist, but they're in a minority and definitely not confined to one party.

Most people who don't like Palin, like those who don't like Clinton or Pelosi, don't like her because they think she's an idiot who's harmful to the country, not because she lacks a penis.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    She nailed that question too. There is a double standard when it comes to a woman seeking high office. People are focused on the way they are dressed, what their hair looks like, etc. She stated men have it easy, they can wear the same suit for days on end and no one notices or cares. She brought up Hillary Clinton and how hard it has had to be for her being a woman and under the constant scrutiny of the dress code, hair code, makeup code, elitists that occupy the media.

BTW: that double standard is sexist.
    Men can be fat slobs, women have to be trim, dressed well, never have a bad hair day, must be manicured, must always wear makeup and apply it well, because no matter what liberals tell you they are sexists and the liberal women are too.

4. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,666
    Funny coming from a party that ran the first woman they could get their hands on...thinking that all women would flock to them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    so expecting me to vote for someone cause they are female is what? o right sexism...unload your crap somewhere else....palin being female has nothing to do with it....but nice try to make women feel guilty for not being palin fans....

6. QUENTIN

QUENTIN VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +203
    The issue of what they wear being critiqued is legitimate and sexist. But it's not "democratic sexism" as it applies just as much to Clinton and other female democratic politicians (and even first daughter Chelsea Clinton who Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain called "ugly").

The media coverage of powerful women is often sexist, in the same way that coverage of different races is often racist, and the underlying reason has nothing to do with either party but rather with the fact that mainstream media coverage generally is superficial and terrible.

What the average citizen thinks about Palin or Clinton or Pelosi though likely has to do with their political views and personality, not the fact that they're women.

By the way, you're right Lumpy, it was a lousy interview.

7. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    My.. My.. a little huffy... I'd say....:lol:

Now what is that saying.. "Tho protest-ith to much"....:rolleyes:

Brings up guilt... mmm...mmm...mmm

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,448
    Is calling her a MILF sexist??

9. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568

Your post is very confusing. I don't like Pelosi, because I KNOW that she is an idiot. Clinton is a very intelligent woman as is Palin. Now what's your point? I don't get it?

There is a definite double standard, maybe you have been asleep, but I never hear comments on how a man's hair looks or for that matter what they are wearing. If it's Clinton or Palin most of what you hear is about the clothing or the hair. Even Obama's wife has been critized by both right and left about her clothing. It's stupid, it's in your face and it's totally lacking in substance. Wake up, it happens all the time. There is a sexist attitude.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    o get over yourself...no matter what is said you are gonna tsk tsk tsk..i am so sick of this...she is dumber than a box of rocks...but cause she lacks a dick i am suppose to be impressed....