What if Biden or Trump leaves the race?

Nah. Fucking over Kamala, even for Obama would be disastrous for Democrats. And she has zero qualifications for being President. Zero.
The party can choose anyone they desire, Kamala is not a shoe in, and neither is Trump's vice president, unless their departure occurred after the election, but before the inauguration.

I saw some legal eagle expert for elections on the 24/7 yesterday...

The Rnc and the Dnc have their own preset rules to follow for the dropping out of their candidate, whether it be a medical reason, jail, or dropping dead, for each stage of the election process....

Pretty much....for all stages of dropping out, the political parties pick a new candidate by party members voting.

I can't see Kamala having such an easy time with the millions of little Trumpsters if Biden bows out.

What do you see the appeal of her? Ms. Harris' habit of cackling is just unnerving IMHO.
You have a good point, of course. She would not succeed him as candidate.

I think it would depend on when Trump drops out.

Before the Convention, Haley would have the most committed delegates
After the Convention, it would be whoever Trump picked as running mate
That makes sense, but it’s a moot point anyway, because Trump and Biden aren’t going anywhere

I think it would depend on when Trump drops out.

Before the Convention, Haley would have the most committed delegates
After the Convention, it would be whoever Trump picked as running mate

In order for someone to get the nomination, you need a majority of all the delegates, not just "the most".

In the 1968 Democrat convention, McCarthy had more pledged delegates than anyone, but delegates still rejected him in favor of Triple H.

In order for someone to get the nomination, you need a majority of all the delegates, not just "the most".

In the 1968 Democrat convention, McCarthy had more pledged delegates than anyone, but delegates still rejected him in favor of Triple H.

In 2014, Bernie Sanders had more regular delegates than Hillary. They had to create "super delegates " to push her over the line because she'd already been promised the nomination and you don't want to piss her off.

Both could drop out for “health” issues

Trump is the first candidate in history to be under felony indictment.
If he is offered a plea deal……dropping out would be a condition
I don’t think legal problems are going to force Trump out, but you never know. Health issues can force one or both of them out, but that’s likely imo.

Both could drop out for “health” issues

Trump is the first candidate in history to be under felony indictment.
If he is offered a plea deal……dropping out would be a condition

Why would that be a condition of a "Deal"? Unless Sleepy Joe is really the leader of this legal attack?

I thought these were all independent cases being brought by various supposedly aggrieved parties? Not just a political plot to get the Trumpster to surrender to Sleepy Joe?

I don’t think legal problems are going to force Trump out, but you never know. Health issues can force one or both of them out, but that’s likely imo.

Trump is stubborn and never admits he is wrong
But key staff have taken plea deals and will testify. If Trump is looking at jail time, he may be willing to deal

Why would that be a condition of a "Deal"? Unless Sleepy Joe is really the leader of this legal attack?

I thought these were all independent cases being brought by various supposedly aggrieved parties? Not just a political plot to get the Trumpster to surrender to Sleepy Joe?

I would expect Trump may accept some type of home confinement along with fines and an agreement to withdraw from the election
Key staff have agreed to deals if they testify against Trump

The MAGA base will never forgive NiKKKi Haley for her continuing to attack Trump the way she is.

DeSantis is kinda toast-ey, as he's walking back the anti-woke policies in FL which he pushed to get national recognition. So MAGA nutter Evangelicals will question his commitment to The Cause.

If one is speculating for fun, I'd expect Harris to go with someone from the midwest, like Whitmer, whose numbers in MI were pretty good across the political spectrum.
MAGA will never support anyone but Trump
That is the Republicans problem

The party can choose anyone they desire, Kamala is not a shoe in, and neither is Trump's vice president, unless their departure occurred after the election, but before the inauguration.

I saw some legal eagle expert for elections on the 24/7 yesterday...

The Rnc and the Dnc have their own preset rules to follow for the dropping out of their candidate, whether it be a medical reason, jail, or dropping dead, for each stage of the election process....

Pretty much....for all stages of dropping out, the political parties pick a new candidate by party members voting.
I repeat. The poo bahs skip over Kamala, they concede the Presidency and likely the Senate.

I repeat. The poo bahs skip over Kamala, they concede the Presidency and likely the Senate.
I don't think it'll happen that way Rawley!

Well, I do think we the people will be upset that the DNC, under the rules, would have so much power to simply choose a candidate for us.... in this scenario where Biden was no longer the candidate, due to the shortness of the timing of a situation....

Our concerns with Trump becoming president will outweigh any concerns of who the candidate is on the Democratic side...

Kamala with a knowledgeable VP pick

Or someone new all together.

Biden is not who makes democrats vote in a block for him, Trump is the catalyst.... so I don't think dems would lose, with Kamala or a DNC new pick. 😁

I don't think it'll happen that way Rawley!

Well, I do think we the people will be upset that the DNC, under the rules, would have so much power to simply choose a candidate for us.... in this scenario where Biden was no longer the candidate, due to the shortness of the timing of a situation....

Our concerns with Trump becoming president will outweigh any concerns of who the candidate is on the Democratic side...

Kamala with a knowledgeable VP pick

Or someone new all together.

Biden is not who makes democrats vote in a block for him, Trump is the catalyst.... so I don't think dems would lose, with Kamala or a DNC new pick. 😁
Very few folks share your Trump hate

You skip over Kamala - crushed.
You run Kamala crushed.

Very few folks share your Trump hate

You skip over Kamala - crushed.
You run Kamala crushed.
Half or more of the country shares my concern over Trump! Even if we don't all agree Biden is the one we should have going forward or Kamala, or whomever chosen.... Trump, is who unites the democrats. That's simply fact, imo!

Forum List

Back