What Has Happened? Hanson

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, May 22, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ory?page=2&coll=chi-newsopinioncommentary-hed

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    The jury is still out on those attempting to replace the dictatorship in Uzbekistan. All we have so far is the notoriously unreliable MSM claiming that the Uzbek rebels are not militant jihadists. The Russians and the government of Uzbekistan claim that the Uzbek rebels are HuT radical Islamic fundamentalists. I certainly do not support the Uzbek dictatorship. But what if the Uzbek government is telling the truth? I profoundly do not support a takeover of Uzbelistan by gun packing Muslims, such as was seen in Iran and Afghanistan. What's the truth in Uzbekistan? I do not trust the MSM to tell the truth.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

It should still be clear that we do NOT support dictatorships, whatever persuasion they happen to be. Overthrow all? No. Support? No.

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I agree. As I mentioned in my previous response, I do not support the Uzbek dictatorship. Yet I have read nothing about Uzbek rebel plans. Democracy? Theocracy? Another quasi-fascist Islamic state? If the Uzbek rebels have a plan to hold internationally supervised elections, that deserves support. So far, I have not read about any such plan.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree with you, from what I've heard, the people would probably like to break into their tribal nomadic system. In reality, I guess the US has to keep hands off those decisions, since it's not ours to make. The decision whether or not to back the dictator? That is Ours to make.