What happened to Trump's Control over Republicans?

Its not a "mess". Its a battle for those who want to "kick the can down the road" and keep borrowing, and those who want to cut the budget to reduce the deficit, aka "taking the punch bowl away". its not like the GOP has idiots like Fetterman and Biden and Talib and AOC and the rest of the dumbos.
First Speaker ever booted and it took him 15 votes to get that

A mess

They don't even need to focus on Biden. With RFK switching to independent, then Biden is a sure bet for 24.
I wouldn't vote for Kennedy. But I like him better than Trump or Biden.
Trumps stranglehold on the GOP, as bad as the RNC is, still isn't good for the party.
This election season is a fluster cluck.
On this forum its okay to say CLUSTER FUCK.

Biden is unelectable, he will be replaced at the DNC convention next summer
Trump is a "stalking horse" he's the only Republican that loses to Biden
We;ll see how Trump's legal trouble plays out, as well as how GOP voters actually vote.
I'd vote for Nikki or Desantis over Trump.

First Speaker ever booted and it took him 15 votes to get that
A mess
A "mess" or a battle for cutting spending or to keep borrowing money?

At least the GOP sees that borrowing will kill the US dollar, the stupid democrats think they can tax the rich and all is well.

You're not seeing that the US credit rating was downgraded for a reason. That $2T interest in a few years will kill the Budget.

Last edited:
Fau-Chi paid the Wuhan to do gain-of-function research on bat viruses, bats who lived 600 miles from Wuhan. There is no other explaination

Ahh, the New York Post. Scholarly only begins to describe it!

1697132152387.png

1697132238863.png

1697132380029.png

On this forum its okay to say CLUSTER FUCK.

Biden is unelectable, he will be replaced at the DNC convention next summer
Trump is a "stalking horse" he's the only Republican that loses to Biden
We;ll see how Trump's legal trouble plays out, as well as how GOP voters actually vote.
I'd vote for Nikki or Desantis over Trump.

Biden was unelectable in 2020. But so many just didn't want Trump as president. I was one of them. But I didn't sell my soul to the devil and vote for Biden either.

BTW, I suck at predicting election results. :nocknockHT:

A "mess" or a battle for cutting spending or to keep borrowing money.

At least the GOP sees that borrowing will kill the US dollar, the stupid democrats think they can tax the rich and all is well.

You're not seeing that the US credit rating was downgraded for a reason. That $2T interest in a few years will kill the Budget.
Was this the same GOP who’s last President added $8T to the debt?

Biden was unelectable in 2020. But so many just didn't want Trump as president. I was one of them. But I didn't sell my soul to the devil and vote for Biden either.

BTW, I suck at predicting election results. :nocknockHT:
You’re not the only one...

OMG, are you still in your dream world? Have you seen the Trump rallys? He is favored in 2020, so better take your antidepressant meds, or get stronger ones.

In the aftermath of the Speaker's ouster, former President quickly and enthusiastically threw his support behind Jim Jordan. Clearly, Jordan is a favorite of Republicans out here in flyover country, so we agreed with Trump's choice.

But in Congress, the Republicans apparently said, "No thanks."

What does this mean to the Leftist meme that "we" are all "MAGA Republicans," under Trump's control?

/——/ Like all of the left’s talking points, they are just plain wrong wrong wrong.

Was this the same GOP who’s last President added $8T to the debt?

Some republicans, especially Trumps die hard supporters, still don't know that since 1980, the GOP has increased the debt ceiling and the national debt more than the democrats have.

Even when I've posted the link to prove it to them :deal:, they just call me a silly name and ignore the link.

Ahh, the New York Post. Scholarly only begins to describe it!
Its a FACT. Google it yourself. Here are other links:

This body did give money to an organisation that collaborated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
That organisation - the US-based EcoHealth Alliance - was awarded a grant in 2014 to look into possible coronaviruses from bats.
EcoHealth received $3.7m from the NIH, $600,000 of which was given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
In 2019, its project was renewed for another five years, but then pulled by the Trump administration in April 2020 following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.

A new document released by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus reveals that Anthony Fauci knew that gain-of-function research was occurring in Wuhan, China, prior to the global spread of COVID-19. In an email to U.S. government public health officials in February 2020, Fauci wrote that “scientists in the Wuhan University are known to have been working on gain-of-function experiments … associated with bat viruses adapting to human infection,” according to an image of the document tweeted by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus. The email reveals that Fauci knew of the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s research into coronaviruses that mirrored COVID-19 prior to his claim that there was no evidence that the virus was produced in a laboratory. Fauci also wrote that “there were mutations in the virus that would be most unusual to have evolved naturally in the bats and that there was a suspicion that this mutation was intentionally

A top NIH official admitted in a Wednesday letter that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and revealed that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that funneled NIH money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, was not transparent about the work it was doing.

The National Institutes of Health admitted Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance broke its reporting rules when conducting bat coronavirus research, with critics immediately contending this means the Wuhan lab collaborator had indeed been conducting gain-of-function research and NIH lied about it.

Some republicans, especially Trumps die hard supporters, still don't know that since 1980, the GOP has increased the debt ceiling and the national debt more than the democrats have. Even when I've posted the link to prove it to them they just call me a silly name and ignore the link.
I'll say you're right. So what? The crisis now is that we can't keep borrowing.
I'm not seeing the democrats in the senate pushing to cut the budget deficit.

I'll say you're right. So what? The crisis now is that we can't keep borrowing.
I'm not seeing the democrats in the senate pushing to cut the budget deficit.

And you never will. But when the GOP talks about it, and boy do they talk about it, it's just talk.

The WH is in total disarray. Scalise (not Scalia) will get it as he battles blood cancer.
There are about 12 holdouts who want Jim Jordan, we'll see how it plays out.
Democracy is messy, thats how we ended up with idiots like Biden and Fetterman.
It's how we ended up with tRump and Dubya!!!!

Its not a "mess". Its a battle for those who want to "kick the can down the road" and keep borrowing, and those who want to cut the budget to reduce the deficit, aka "taking the punch bowl away". its not like the GOP has idiots like Fetterman and Biden and Talib and AOC and the rest of the dumbos.
No they have tRump, Jordan, Boebert, MTG, Kennedy, Cruz etc. A virtual clown show.
Cutting the budget isn't enough. They need to raise taxes AND get rid of many of the write offs.

And you never will. But when the GOP talks about it, and boy do they talk about it, it's just talk.
Correct thus far, however the 12 MAGA radicals are serious about it.

They know the deficit needs to be reduced, and they don't want to raise taxes, they'd rather cut spending.

Trump and Mnuchin tried to "grow the economy", i.e. the GDP, at 5% or so with tax cuts. That failed miserably.

You are probably correct that the dems plus the old guard Republicans will just borrow more, and that sinks us.

No they have tRump, Jordan, Boebert, MTG, Kennedy, Cruz etc. A virtual clown show.
Cutting the budget isn't enough. They need to raise taxes AND get rid of many of the write offs.
Cutting the Budget is more than the democrat retards are doing, isn't it?

I agree that taxes need to be raised to get back to balance. Here's my solution:

1. Add a 4% Federal Sales Tax on all sales (gains ~400b/yr)
2. Add a 0.1%? financial transaction tax on ALL financial buy/sell transactions (stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.) (gains 777b/yr)
3. Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see below)
4. Remove the cap on SS tax, and raise the ages from 62/67 to 63/68 (saves SS)
5. Raise the tax and co-pay for Medicare
6. Add a co-pay for Medicaid
7. So if all of the above taxes were implemented, the $1T Budget Deficit would become a $350b surplus to start paying down the $32T Debt

Cutting the Budget is more than the democrat retards are doing, isn't it?

I agree that taxes need to be raised to get back to balance. Here's my solution:

1. Add a 4% Federal Sales Tax on all sales (gains ~400b/yr)
2. Add a 0.1%? financial transaction tax on ALL financial buy/sell transactions (stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.) (gains 777b/yr)
3. Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see below)
4. Remove the cap on SS tax, and raise the ages from 62/67 to 63/68 (saves SS)
5. Raise the tax and co-pay for Medicare
6. Add a co-pay for Medicaid
7. So if all of the above taxes were implemented, the $1T Budget Deficit would become a $350b surplus to start paying down the $32T Debt

Don't know how those numbers will actually fudge out so on that I will take your word. How do you feel about all the tax loopholes that only the uber-wealthy and corporations can take advantage of? If the vast majority of those are eliminated then some of the other pain can be paired down.

And no the Rethugikkkons do NOT do anything to shrink the budget, particularly if 1 is in the WH.

Forum List

Back