What happened to Trump's Control over Republicans?

In the aftermath of the Speaker's ouster, former President quickly and enthusiastically threw his support behind Jim Jordan. Clearly, Jordan is a favorite of Republicans out here in flyover country, so we agreed with Trump's choice.

But in Congress, the Republicans apparently said, "No thanks."

What does this mean to the Leftist meme that "we" are all "MAGA Republicans," under Trump's control?

Its good to see the party further divide. There are insane Republicans and then there are bat-shit crazed MAGA cultists.

In the aftermath of the Speaker's ouster, former President quickly and enthusiastically threw his support behind Jim Jordan. Clearly, Jordan is a favorite of Republicans out here in flyover country, so we agreed with Trump's choice.

But in Congress, the Republicans apparently said, "No thanks."

What does this mean to the Leftist meme that "we" are all "MAGA Republicans," under Trump's control?

Anyone who thought Trump had control over Republicans is just plain stupid. Trump is against both Democrats and Republicans.

Maybe you just don't get how insane borrowing more when interest on the Debt is approaching $2T a year?
I (like you) am in favor of getting rid of the SS caps and some tax increases.

What I find hilarious is that a supposed conservative is happy to vote (again) for an ex President who added $8T to the debt. This is the part where you swear you’ve hated Trump since day one.

From 2018:

Lefties need to watch all 15 minutes of this video to understand why Trump supporters will never let the deep state take over the US government. Most of us are not rabid Trump supporters, but are rabid anti-deep-state/MSM cabal and their current coup attempt.

I (like you) am in favor of getting rid of the SS caps and some tax increases.

What I find hilarious is that a supposed conservative is happy to vote (again) for an ex President who added $8T to the debt. This is the part where you swear you’ve hated Trump since day one.

From 2018: Deep State / MSM successful coup
1. Agreed, removing the caps saves SS, also need tax increases to balance the Budget.
2. Trump's add to the Debt was only because of Fau-Chi's Covid pandemic, not moronic policies like Biden's similar add to the Debt.
3. My 2018 post is still valid. The FBI, CIA, hi-tech oligarchs (Twitter files), the deep state, 51 traitors, and the MSM had a successful coup in 2020.

1. Agreed, removing the caps saves SS, also need tax increases to balance the Budget.
2. Trump's add to the Debt was only because of Fau-Chi's Covid pandemic, not moronic policies like Biden's similar add to the Debt.
Ahh... Always blaming someone else and using a conspiracy theory to do it.
3. My 2018 post is still valid. The FBI, CIA, hi-tech oligarchs (Twitter files), the deep state, 51 traitors, and the MSM had a successful coup in 2020.
Yep..all conspiracy theories...all the time with you guys.

It always comes back to your having to lean on crazy conspiracy theories to prop up the rest of your volumes of bullshit.

Your blob rammed through tax cuts for billionaires and wow--the debt exploded. It had nothing to do with Dr. Fauci or Covid. And the really pathetic thing is...you know this.

The actual deficit is the final arbiter to the GOP tax cuts. If the deficit shrinks due to growth and increased revenue the tax cut worked, if the deficit increases the tax cut failed. So far it look like voodoo economics-II and the tax cuts failed. Raise taxes on the top rate to cover spending, or the dems will.
Gee what happened to the deficit? When was the tax cut passed?

But please...continue on with the charade you’ve trotted out time and again...blaming anyone and everyone but your cult leader.

They held a secret ballot for the nomination of a new house speaker. That means that Donald doesn't know who voted against his pick.

Ahh... Always blaming someone else and using a conspiracy theory to do it. Yep..all conspiracy theories...all the time with you guys.
It always comes back to your having to lean on crazy conspiracy theories to prop up the rest of your volumes of bullshit.
Your blob rammed through tax cuts for billionaires and wow--the debt exploded. It had nothing to do with Dr. Fauci or Covid. And the really pathetic thing is...you know this.
Gee what happened to the deficit? When was the tax cut passed?
But please...continue on with the charade you’ve trotted out time and again...blaming anyone and everyone but your cult leader.
The Covid pandemic shut the US down. The tax cuts turned out badly, but pale in comparison to the shutting down of the entire US economy, and sending checks out instead of getting tax revenue. The Covid pandemic was real, it was not a conspiracy theory.
The tax cuts did not grow GDP to 5% as predicted, but they were not the main driver of the Debt increase.

Joe Biden is growing the Debt explosively as well. Trump's 2021 Budget was $4T, Biden's is $6.9T and rising. The debt soon to be $89T

Trump backed Gym Jordan.
Looks like Scalia will get it
Total disarray
The WH is in total disarray. Scalise (not Scalia) will get it as he battles blood cancer.
There are about 12 holdouts who want Jim Jordan, we'll see how it plays out.
Democracy is messy, thats how we ended up with idiots like Biden and Fetterman.

You almost gotta laugh. Why do crazy lefties think that the former president controls the GOP?

I'm not on the left. I'm even further right than Trump. But Trump does control the GOP.
His control may be weaning some. But he's still has way too much influence.

Trump doesn't give orders, per se'. But Trump has a lot of supporters that the RNC/GOP don't want to piss off. There's already many MANY Trump voters who's vowed to not support any RNC nominee except Trump. They can't afford to lose those votes.

So the word "control" isn't completely accurate.

The WH is in total disarray. Scalise (not Scalia) will get it as he battles blood cancer.
There are about 12 holdouts who want Jim Jordan, we'll see how it plays out.
Democracy is messy, thats how we ended up with idiots like Biden and Fetterman.
Republicans are a mess.

Did you see Biden speaking lately?
You should focus more on the dem nominee and not so much on Trump.

They don't even need to focus on Biden. With RFK switching to independent, then Biden is a sure bet for 24.
I wouldn't vote for Kennedy. But I like him better than Trump or Biden.
Trumps stranglehold on the GOP, as bad as the RNC is, still isn't good for the party.

This election season is a fluster cluck.

The Covid pandemic shut the US down. The tax cuts turned out badly, but pale in comparison to the shutting down of the entire US economy, and sending checks out instead of getting tax revenue. The Covid pandemic was real, it was not a conspiracy theory.
The pandemic was real. That it was engineered is pulled straight out of your ass along with the rest of your rhetoric.

Republicans are a mess.
Its not a "mess". Its a battle for those who want to "kick the can down the road" and keep borrowing, and those who want to cut the budget to reduce the deficit, aka "taking the punch bowl away". its not like the GOP has idiots like Fetterman and Biden and Talib and AOC and the rest of the dumbos.

The pandemic was real. That it was engineered is pulled straight out of your ass along with the rest of your rhetoric.
Fau-Chi paid the Wuhan to do gain-of-function research on bat viruses, bats who lived 600 miles from Wuhan. There is no other explaination

Forum List

Back