What happened to Trump's Control over Republicans?

The WH is in total disarray. Scalise (not Scalia) will get it as he battles blood cancer.
There are about 12 holdouts who want Jim Jordan, we'll see how it plays out.
Democracy is messy, thats how we ended up with idiots like Biden and Fetterman.
We have ended up with a lot of losers, voted for because of party or name recognition. Not for there ability to do the job or the best interest of average Americans. They swing there votes towards the big buck donators who keep them in office for life, even when its clear to see they have not been working for the average Americans in the state they are suppose to represent.

Correct thus far, however the 12 MAGA radicals are serious about it.

They know the deficit needs to be reduced, and they don't want to raise taxes, they'd rather cut spending.

Trump and Mnuchin tried to "grow the economy", i.e. the GDP, at 5% or so with tax cuts. That failed miserably.

You are probably correct that the dems plus the old guard Republicans will just borrow more, and that sinks us.

I've heard that story from the GOP so many times now, it's just background noise at this point. I was listening to it when Reagan was in office.

Taxes were fine when Trump took office. And they're fine now. Cutting taxes does very little to grow the economy. Especially when, as in Trumps tax cuts, that eliminated so many tax deductions that the government still collected about the same in tax revenue. It was basically a sham.
As a small business owner at the time, I paid more when the tax cut laws went into effect.
Note: I'd just been out from under a tax audit only 2 years. So I was doing everything by the book.

If corporations get huge tax cuts, which I'm all in favor of, they're only going to increase their pay and investors. (for the most part)

The government doesn't have a tax problem. They have a spending problem. Like the $3 billion they give Isreal (or what ever the actual number is) all the way down to funding gay parades. And all the BS in between. They'll make out like a small % of the budget. And each item, individually is just that. But add all those up for the last 4 decades and you've got a HUGE amount of money we've had to borrow and now pay interest on.

When the GOP stops outlawing fiscal conservatism, I'll stand with them. Until then, I'll just hope they stop lying about how conservative they really are.

Lobbyist own them and most of the democrats.

Don't know how those numbers will actually fudge out so on that I will take your word. How do you feel about all the tax loopholes that only the uber-wealthy and corporations can take advantage of? If the vast majority of those are eliminated then some of the other pain can be paired down.
And no the Rethugikkkons do NOT do anything to shrink the budget, particularly if 1 is in the WH.
Correct.
The Republicans will never add new taxes.
Democrats will never cut spending.
So here we sit watching the fiscal bomb timer tick down.....tick-tock.....tick-tock

Its a FACT. Google it yourself. Here are other links:

This body did give money to an organisation that collaborated with the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
That organisation - the US-based EcoHealth Alliance - was awarded a grant in 2014 to look into possible coronaviruses from bats.
EcoHealth received $3.7m from the NIH, $600,000 of which was given to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
In 2019, its project was renewed for another five years, but then pulled by the Trump administration in April 2020 following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.

A new document released by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus reveals that Anthony Fauci knew that gain-of-function research was occurring in Wuhan, China, prior to the global spread of COVID-19. In an email to U.S. government public health officials in February 2020, Fauci wrote that “scientists in the Wuhan University are known to have been working on gain-of-function experiments … associated with bat viruses adapting to human infection,” according to an image of the document tweeted by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus. The email reveals that Fauci knew of the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s research into coronaviruses that mirrored COVID-19 prior to his claim that there was no evidence that the virus was produced in a laboratory. Fauci also wrote that “there were mutations in the virus that would be most unusual to have evolved naturally in the bats and that there was a suspicion that this mutation was intentionally

A top NIH official admitted in a Wednesday letter that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and revealed that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that funneled NIH money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, was not transparent about the work it was doing.

The National Institutes of Health admitted Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance broke its reporting rules when conducting bat coronavirus research, with critics immediately contending this means the Wuhan lab collaborator had indeed been conducting gain-of-function research and NIH lied about it.
And once upon a time we had trade agreements with Russia; negotiated by Ronald Reagan as I recall. So clearly Reagan added the Soviets invading Ukraine. The tie between the two you are trying to draw is ridiculous as are all of your kookie conspiracy theories.

And once upon a time we had trade agreements with Russia; negotiated by Ronald Reagan as I recall. So clearly Reagan added the Soviets invading Ukraine. The tie between the two you are trying to draw is ridiculous as are all of your kookie conspiracy theories.
Thanks for leaving the Covid debate.
Fau-Chi paid the Wuhan Lab to do gain-of-function research on bat viruses, and that caused the global Covid pandemic. QED.

I’m 0 for 2 in the past 2 elections.

Me too. I'm glad I didn't put money on first Hillary or then Trump. I got the Romney/Obama election right though. But before that, I didn't think there was no way in hell the US was going to elect someone with the name Hussein, even as a middle name.

Correct.
The Republicans will never add new taxes.
Democrats will never cut spending.
So here we sit watching the fiscal bomb timer tick down.....tick-tock.....tick-tock

Trump did. Sort of. His tax cuts eliminated tax deductions. So people had to pay more in taxes for things they didn't have to before.
I understand how that seems like semantics. But at the end of the day, people had to pay more because they couldn't deduct certain things.

Me too. I'm glad I didn't put money on first Hillary or then Trump. I got the Romney/Obama election right though. But before that, I didn't think there was no way in hell the US was going to elect someone with the name Hussein, even as a middle name.
I remember the day Obama was elected, they were selling T-shirts on the street corners with $1,000,000 bills on them and Obama’s picture was on the currency. My friend bought a few. I told him we’re going to need a lot of those bills.

Forum List

Back