What Happened to McCain?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rayboyusmc, Feb 8, 2008.

1. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Eight years ago, I would have voted for McCain. Now, I wouldn't if he was the only one running. He has had his head so far up Bush's Butt that he is an embarassement. I guess becoming president has become more important than his own integrity.

Here was a man who spent 5 years as a POW. I would have thought that after this kind of ordeal and soul searching that must have accomplished it, he would no longer bow to the petty partisan crap of politics.

Admiral Stockdale, who I heard speak once, was a man who lived through the same kind of hell and came out a better person. Too bad he is dead and can't run for office. Or, maybe, he just found something more important than political fame and power.

Now McCain is trying to please both sides of the Republican party. You can't be honest and suceed at that. What's that biblical quote about trying to serve two masters?

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/07/mccain-chooses-not-to-make-tough-vote/

2. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,304
    Dude, he is going to be the GOP nominee, barring his death. Republicans better mellow to his candidacy.

Like you though, I am a bit dismayed by the way McCain became a bush disciple in the last couple months. Maybe he is flirting with the conservatives but I just can't figure why he thinks agreeing with a lame duck that is terribly unpopular can help him.

His moderate stances are what many people find attractive and gives the GOP a chance in November. If he thinks moving to the right is going to help him with the Neos, he is dead wrong. As long as Rush, the drug addict, is bellowing against him on his radio show, the right wingers are staying away.

:eusa_think:

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,535
    I'm surprised someone hasn't come in on this yet with some spin about how he was "busy on the campaign trail".