What happened in Egypt after the Exodus?

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
I watched the usual Easter movie last night (10 Commandments) and I wondered...what happened to Pharaoh after the exodus. So I googled. Funny, but the time lines according to what little egyptian records remain and the bible, there are some confusions and undetermined factors. In short, nobody seems to know and it is still being debated. Also what is being debated is who Ramses really was because again, the timelines are off by several hundred years as well as whether it was Ramses at all. Could this mean the bible writers were ill informed? That's my guess.

I watched the usual Easter movie last night (10 Commandments) and I wondered...what happened to Pharaoh after the exodus. So I googled. Funny, but the time lines according to what little egyptian records remain and the bible, there are some confusions and undetermined factors. In short, nobody seems to know and it is still being debated. Also what is being debated is who Ramses really was because again, the timelines are off by several hundred years as well as whether it was Ramses at all. Could this mean the bible writers were ill informed? That's my guess.

Garage sale?

exodus , first from cities of Cannon to small geltos , then Babylon . then Egypt , seems the jews were kicked out of every major city in the middle east .

no one liked them .

I think things generally turned to crap for the Egyptians. Believe they got invaded by the Amalekites, seems to be a lack of records and some disagreement about the actually timing of the exodus or even if it really happened. When the Bible tells us that Egypt would never be the same after the Exodus, it was no exaggeration. With invasions from all directions, virtually all subsequent kings of Egypt were of Ethiopian, Libyan or Asiatic descent. Just goes to show, when you get the frogs and locusts and water turns into blood then it's time to re-evaluate your position.

• Banned
I read somewhere on one of the many links that some engravings were found on walls from eyewitnesses of the exodus...from the hebrews themselves. I didn't check with snopes though. I just kept browsing becuse my curiosity was up.
I think you are right, Wideacre. Egypt lost most of its army chasing them, which left them wide open to attacks and dominance from other factors.
Snopes DID say it was still being debated on the claims of roman chariot wheels found under the red sea along with horse bones.

I would think the economy suffered because of the loss of low cost labor.
Eventually the Romans bailed them out.

BTW you do realize that the Jews went down there as migrant workers to find work don't you?

• Banned
Still, most biblical scholars are arguing on which pharaoh it was and the time line not matching up with what the bible said. Which does not surprise me. I think the bible is a good storybook and does have many truths in it, but with so many transcriptions done, much is incorrect.

• Banned
I would think the economy suffered because of the loss of low cost labor.
Eventually the Romans bailed them out.

BTW you do realize that the Jews went down there as migrant workers to find work don't you?

That is what I was going to ask next. How did the hebrews in egypt wind up being enslaved to begin with?

Forum List

Back