What exactly are they gonna charge him with?

This won't go anywhere. It was a stupid joke that people over reacted to. Save this crap for real racial bias cases

Well if the guy who did it was not employed there they ahve a pretty damn good case against him.

A customer is not allowed to just walk into the back room and pick up the overcom.

It would be called tresspass and then they could add slander and defamation of charactor in court.

A customer is not allowed to just walk into the back room and pick up the overcom.

It would be called tresspass and then they could add slander and defamation of charactor in court.

You think Walmart would press charges? LOL what an moron. Walmart doesnt even press charges against first time shop lifters. They are held for the police where the police tell them if they are ever caught on the property again they will be charged with criminal trespass. How do I know this, being in the business I am in, I deal with the Store Managers on a daily bacis. I have seen LP bring the people in and the next thing you know they are being lead off the property if and when they are caught. The LP dept heads say they dont have time to go to court or worry about the legal end of it. Easier to ban them from the property and hope they comply.

Racial harassment?

The guy chose to do very poor and misguided joke, it WAS a stupid mistake, and it backfired on him, BUT, I would say this, some folks just gotta LIGHTEN UP. Want to see how black comedians make fun of white people and others? Try Youtube. I think some are very funny and do not see any racial harassment issues because of it.

We don't see any white people running to the FCC, ACLU, lawyers and law enforcement screaming 'racial harassment' then demanding a "White Entertainment Network" or a Miss White Universe Contest" or a "Miss White America Contest" or a "White Governors Conference". Seems if it's a white person, all hell breaks loose.

Lighten up Folks, we have more real problems than race, we're all member of the human race and identical under the skin for Chit sakes :lol:

You think Walmart would press charges? LOL what an moron. Walmart doesnt even press charges against first time shop lifters. They are held for the police where the police tell them if they are ever caught on the property again they will be charged with criminal trespass. How do I know this, being in the business I am in, I deal with the Store Managers on a daily bacis. I have seen LP bring the people in and the next thing you know they are being lead off the property if and when they are caught. The LP dept heads say they dont have time to go to court or worry about the legal end of it. Easier to ban them from the property and hope they comply.

WalMart has a pretty f'd up sense of priorities then if it doesn't prosecute shoplifters and yet bans someone for this...

Consumerist reader Jeremy says he's recently been barred from entering any Walmart store in the country. Why? Because he politely declined to show his receipt to a greeter.

Rather than try to retell the story, here it is straight from Jeremy's letter to the folks at Walmart corporate:

Why Was I Banned From Walmart For Not Showing My Receipt? - The Consumerist

"...harassment and bias intimidation"

2C:16-1. Bias Intimidation.

a.Bias Intimidation. A person is guilty of the crime of bias intimidation if he commits, attempts to commit, conspires with another to commit, or threatens the immediate commission of an offense specified in chapters 11 through 18 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes; N.J.S.2C:33-4; N.J.S.2C:39-3; N.J.S.2C:39-4 or N.J.S.2C:39-5,

(1)with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or ethnicity; or

(2)knowing that the conduct constituting the offense would cause an individual or group of individuals to be intimidated because of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or ethnicity; or...

2C:16-1 Bias intimidation.

slander and defamation is a civil, not a criminal matter.

Trespass, Disorderly conduct, im sure there would be a few more possible. Not sure if he is going to get much time in jail for it though.

a.Bias Intimidation. A person is guilty of the crime of bias intimidation if he commits, attempts to commit, conspires with another to commit, or threatens the immediate commission of an offense specified in chapters 11 through 18 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes; N.J.S.2C:33-4; N.J.S.2C:39-3; N.J.S.2C:39-4 or N.J.S.2C:39-5,

(1)with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or ethnicity; or

(2)knowing that the conduct constituting the offense would cause an individual or group of individuals to be intimidated because of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, or ethnicity; or...

If that is the case then every want to be idiot thug driving down the road with their rap crap thumping is guilty.

But I am sure you will say its their right to play this crap so called music yet be the first to whine racism if someone says anything about it.

Last edited:

Decided to come here, did you? You're not going to like it here .... I promise.

Oh, and you're wrong. As ever you are.

"The teen was arrested Friday on charges of harassment and bias intimidation."

Since they are using the word bias instead of the word racist, I'm thinking maybe the boy was black. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Well I am a little confused with the New Jersey 2C Titles posted by Joe.

2C:33-4 is for Harassment
New Jersey Statutes - Title 2C The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice - 2C:33-4 Harassment. - New Jersey Attorney Resources - New Jersey Laws

N.J.S.2C:39-3; Prohibited weapons and devices

N.J.S.2C:39-4 Possession of weapons for unlawful purposes.

N.J.S.2C:39-5 Unlawful possession of weapons.

New Jersey Statutes - Title 2C The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice - 2C:39-4 Possession of weapons for unlawful purposes. - New Jersey Attorney Resources - New Jersey Laws

What the heck do the weapons have to do with anything?

And under the NJ Title 2C's, to the best of my knowledge,even though I would guess CIVIL, the state has it as Criminal. What am I missing?

New Jersey Statutes - Title 2C The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice - 2C:33-4 Harassment. - New Jersey Attorney Resources - New Jersey Laws

New Jersey Statutes - Title 2C The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice - 2C:39-4 Possession of weapons for unlawful purposes. - New Jersey Attorney Resources - New Jersey Laws

And under the NJ Title 2C's, to the best of my knowledge,even though I would guess CIVIL, the state has it as Criminal. What am I missing?

You are talking about a VERY LIBERAL state. They are known to have everything assbackwards.

You are talking about a VERY LIBERAL state. They are known to have everything assbackwards.

Yeah, don't remind me, that's why a lot of my friends and relatives moved to Delaware, especially with the Gun Regs. A lot of B.S. with numbered AMMO, all traceable coming to a gun shop near you,(us). They are NUTZ in Trenton.

Forum List

Back