What do you make of it?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
I am just curious what you all would make of this ......

last evening out my windows...there comes a noise. Like someone hitting a car. Low and behold.... one of the neighbors daughters (20 something) is pulling weeds out of the lawn... and slapping her fathers car with them. She proceeds to pull more weeds and piles them up under the wiper blades.... This goes on for a good 30 minutes.... and then she goes inside.

You can here that she and the mother having a heated conversation...and mom comes out and removes the weeds from under the wiper blades and off of the windshield....

Later..the mother comes out... and rummages through the bush where they keep the spare key.... snatches it up..and goes inside.

A while later....Glass smashing... the daughter has taken several (i think) beer bottles and smashed them onto the fathers car.... that or she smashed the window.

All of the lights are turned off... the curtains drawn...

I am just curious what all of your takes are on this little scene. Any guesses? The family has never had an outburst like this in all the 20 years we have lived here......

An adult daughter lives with her parents.

I'm guessing the Dad asked her to do some chores around the house in order to "earn her keep" and likely withdrew her car driving privileges, and the spoilt brat daughter had a temper tantrum.

• Banned
An adult daughter lives with her parents.

I'm guessing the Dad asked her to do some chores around the house in order to "earn her keep" and likely withdrew her car driving privileges, and the spoilt brat daughter had a temper tantrum.

She is in college and living with them. Spoiled.. yes, they all are. They each have their own cars. All five of them. Why take the key that the father would use to get into the house then? I don't believe he was there.... we did not see or hear him. I am sure he would have said or done something about what was hapining to his car too.

last evening out my windows...there comes a noise. Like someone hitting a car. Low and behold.... one of the neighbors daughters (20 something) is pulling weeds out of the lawn... and slapping her fathers car with them. She proceeds to pull more weeds and piles them up under the wiper blades.... This goes on for a good 30 minutes.... and then she goes inside.

You can here that she and the mother having a heated conversation...and mom comes out and removes the weeds from under the wiper blades and off of the windshield....

Later..the mother comes out... and rummages through the bush where they keep the spare key.... snatches it up..and goes inside.

A while later....Glass smashing... the daughter has taken several (i think) beer bottles and smashed them onto the fathers car.... that or she smashed the window.

I am just curious what all of your takes are on this little scene. Any guesses? The family has never had an outburst like this in all the 20 years we have lived here......

Sounds like my kind of family!

You like to write, make something up.

• Banned

Sounds like my kind of family!

You like to write, make something up.

I am curious to what everyone else would make of this drama.

How do you know the spare key is what the dad used to get into the house?

Maybe the daughter had some scum bag fuck buddy who was using it to sneak into the house in the middle of the night, the dad caught him, and mom is making sure he can't use it again.

• Banned
How do you know the spare key is what the dad used to get into the house?

Maybe the daughter had some scum bag fuck buddy who was using it to sneak into the house in the middle of the night, the dad caught him, and mom is making sure he can't use it again.

We know them quite well. :) They never lock the door... and all of them use the key.

Good idea on the boy friend though.

Why, it's obvious!

Dad voted for Bush!

I thought you lived in San Francisco.

If so, these people are nuts to not lock their door.

Why, it's obvious!

Dad voted for Bush!

PC gets the nod for best use of Occam's Razor.

I'll add the corollary that they must be Palin-Bachman Tea Partiers.

My wife (the student shrink) was telling me there is a new crop of "young adults" (I use the term loosely) who are so coddled as to be barely functional in the real world.
Parents will call the college or university and bitch because their child received a poor grade or call their child's boss at work and chew him or her out because their child was disciplined because the kid basically refuses to do any actual work.
Thank you Dr Spock. I saw this coming.

Late nights at work with the new intern. Start asking friends if they want to live next to you.

**edit entire post.

Maybe she was pissed because her dad asked her to pull the weeds?

The weeds are the key....

Last edited:
That PMS is some scary shit... It could also be that the parents just found out the daughter voted Democratic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back