What do unions stand for in todays world?

I sure wanna lump the hard work, ethical commitment, responsibility, etc. I bring to my work in with that of some clowns who just want to laze on by, doing as little as humanly possible that still makes it look like something's actually being accomplished during the work day. Yep, those are the guys I want to be paid like.

Oh! If it were in the realm of reality that each and every America can someday become Bill Gates! Oh! If it were remotely true that each and every American can complete college! Oh! If each and every American could AFFORD a college education for each of their children!

But, I'm answering a Conservative. A Conservative who, most typically, can only see the world from their own narrow, ossified, dusty perspective. There ain't no world outside what they know. And reality never interrupts their little view of life.

So essentially what your saying is unions is where the stupid uneducated people go? Last time I checked teachers had to goto college in order to teach.
Union jobs are the gateway to the middle class. Union jobs provide training and skills and mentor young workers in the skills needed to accomplish their careers.

No unions means no workplace safety, no retirement benefits, health care benefits or fair chances at advancement.

No wonder Conservatives hate unions! Unions demand fairness. And fairness means not every cent of profit goes to the executive suite but actually into the hands of the workers who made those profits possible.

Now, if you're disappointed in the performance of teachers, are you absolutely certain that they should bear all your blame and wrath? Should teachers take pay cuts while raising the children of parents who are asleep at the switch?

Your entire post is obsurd. I'm not in a union and I DO have all those things you claim I don't. OSHA protects everyone regardless of unionization. Courts provide recourse if you are wronged by your employer. The union did provide these safety nets in THE OLD DAYS but now that we've progressed, partially thanks to the unions, their services are no longer needed. Not to mention counter productive in todays age.
Nothing like having a tenured shitty teacher that can't be fired because of union rules.

We have had jobs sent to Asia. We have given concessions on retiree's benefits, our wages and thus our middle class standard of living. We have seen CEO salaries explode exponentially from 40 times that of their average worker's pay to 450 times as much.

Anything else we, the working families of America can do for you? Say it quickly as I'm sure you have some more serious ass kissing to do for the corporate champions of avarice you so blindly serve.

Odd....

I've never worked for a union. My wife has never had to work.
But somehow we've sent 2 of our 4 kids through college.
I'm watching Animal Planet on my 52" TV. We have a 2011 F-150 in the driveway.....all sorts of other benefits of middle class life.

I never had to give a portion of my check to a fat cat political puppet to keep my job.

You mention jobs being sent to Asia.
Which is worse: Corporate taxes so high that companies are forced to Asia or Union thugs taking money from their members' pockets to use to bribe DC to waive those higher rates??

Most normal Americans just want a job that pays enough to have a decent life for them and their families,

and maybe a job that pays good enough that both spouses don't have to work their asses off and neglect the raising of their children in the process.

Good paying union jobs were once the answer.

Conservatives seem to think that working for low wages and busting ass to make ends meet is somehow the proper vision for America.

It's not what normal Americans want; it's not what normal humans want.

Hey stupid - I don't support working for low wages. I support showing some initiative, getting a proper education (not public school), a grad degree, being successful and making a shitload of money. That's how Conservatives I know view America.

We view people of your ilk as miserable lazy failures, constantly looking for a handout, incapable of achieving Bagger #25 status at the local Food King.

You need to get out of the 1930s "union" mentality, dummy. In the meantime, Supersize my #3, asswipe.

Oh! If it were in the realm of reality that each and every America can someday become Bill Gates! Oh! If it were remotely true that each and every American can complete college! Oh! If each and every American could AFFORD a college education for each of their children!

But, I'm answering a Conservative. A Conservative who, most typically, can only see the world from their own narrow, ossified, dusty perspective. There ain't no world outside what they know. And reality never interrupts their little view of life.

Who in America is preventing you from accomplishing these things?

Hint: Look in a mirror

So essentially what your saying is unions is where the stupid uneducated people go? Last time I checked teachers had to goto college in order to teach.
Union jobs are the gateway to the middle class. Union jobs provide training and skills and mentor young workers in the skills needed to accomplish their careers.

No unions means no workplace safety, no retirement benefits, health care benefits or fair chances at advancement.

No wonder Conservatives hate unions! Unions demand fairness. And fairness means not every cent of profit goes to the executive suite but actually into the hands of the workers who made those profits possible.

Now, if you're disappointed in the performance of teachers, are you absolutely certain that they should bear all your blame and wrath? Should teachers take pay cuts while raising the children of parents who are asleep at the switch?
your full of crap
NON UNION work places have to follow safety regulation most give retirement benefits and have health care programs
there are LAWS governing work safety hours, conditions and work environment99 non smoking etc ) that the company follows.

Ive worked for many a non union company and have had benefits such as health care plans , 401 k programes , vacations, sick pay ,
the places was clean air, conditioned , fire regulations were in place ,nice staff canteen, free parking ,. social activities etc just as good it not better than most union run establishments.and pay was comparable

if you think only union work places have good working environments you need to get out a bit more

What you mean by UNIONISED workplaces is to do as less as possible for as much as possible, free health ,free lunch (somebody else pays for it ) and raises every year with out accountablitiy . and fuck everybody else .

As for chances of advancement those enployed in non union jobs stand a much better chance then those who are governed by union senior status bullshit
in a competitive non union workplace IF you are the one most deserving of promotion it will happen union run establishments tell the boss who he can promote according to tenure **wether that worker is qualified or not ***
stop being a lazy parasite and give to the community instead of taking

Last edited:
Unions where hijacked years ago by communists and have the communist agenda in mind. Most of your locals however have good hard working people in them, but at the national level "The people the locals never get to meet or get to know" the unions do not have the locals best interests at heart. I dropped my membership about 6 months ago, I dont miss paying them to throw my money in the direction of some dirty politician I dont support.

Forum List

Back