What do creationism and global warming have in common?

Evidently, it didn't

right, so instead of examining actual data as I was taught, I should be like you, and just regurgitate fearful rhetoric from noted scientist Al Gore

It's incredible that those who most loudly proclaim that science is being ignored are the ones that ignor the science. Either they cannot understand that what they are doing is contradictive or they simply don't understand what the debate is about.

For those of you who are in this group, the debate is not about whether or not it's warming. The debate is about the cause of the warming. Proof is not showing that warming is occurring. Proof is showing why warming is occurring and attributing the warming IN VERIFIABLE SHARES to cited causes.

Support for this proof would be showing predictions that have been fulfilled by experience.

Neither of these tests have been met to my knowledge. If they have, please produce those research results. If you do not have them, you have no proof.

So you are saying, "As long as we don't know "exactly" why something is happening, we should ignore it?"

They both require a lot of faith to believe.
Well... I consider it taking much more faith to believe we came from a random concoction of chemicals charged by electricity and random chance bootstrapping ourselves to intellgence.

But that's me. I find it much easier to believe that there was an intelligent force, incomprehensable to our knowledge that created reality as we know it.

But that's me.

AGW, I do agree requires the faith of a cargo cultist.

Like space aliens?
Alien-vs-Predator-2-Patch_1.jpg

guess you don't understand my point of view, so you've tried to classify it into the narrow Olbermann-Hannity left-right world view, without which you simply don't have the mental capacity to understand issues

we understand completely. You dont' want to believe in the facts, so just discredit actual science, with supporting evidence. It's typical though of people with no scientific background, science is complex and not for the faint at mind, so instead of dealing with it, its must easier to claim its a myth and a lie. THat people who spent their lives searching for the truth and using the scientific method are all just trying to scam us and make shit up is just so completely dumb. If you knew anything about science, you would no any sort of fudging of data and making shit up is repugnant, and those who do such things are caught and essentially banished from science. WE take the methods and honesty of the science very serious.

All the while you benefit from all the scientific discoveries leading to the technology we have today. YOu are alive and survived childhood because of the scientific method making discoveries, but when it comes to something you don't want to believe, you just attempt to discredit by calling it a myth or making other simple minded claims. You guys are fools, and hold back society with such idiocy. the only people making shit up are people like you.

Blah, blah, blah.

Show me the proof.

Point proven, blah blah blah, all you got. stick finger in your ears and ignore the science there are plenty of resources for you to find this. LIke the other poster said, global warming is a fact, what's at question is whether its man made, the there are sound scientific reasoning why that is a likelihood.

right, so instead of examining actual data as I was taught, I should be like you, and just regurgitate fearful rhetoric from noted scientist Al Gore

It's incredible that those who most loudly proclaim that science is being ignored are the ones that ignor the science. Either they cannot understand that what they are doing is contradictive or they simply don't understand what the debate is about.

For those of you who are in this group, the debate is not about whether or not it's warming. The debate is about the cause of the warming. Proof is not showing that warming is occurring. Proof is showing why warming is occurring and attributing the warming IN VERIFIABLE SHARES to cited causes.

Support for this proof would be showing predictions that have been fulfilled by experience.

Neither of these tests have been met to my knowledge. If they have, please produce those research results. If you do not have them, you have no proof.

So you are saying, "As long as we don't know "exactly" why something is happening, we should ignore it?"

"If religion has taught us anything, its that we get nowhere by calling our ignorance, god"

Love that quote. People can't deal with the complexity of life, can't comprehend it mentally, so "god did it" is what they believe. Unreal

Dr. Gregg doesn't understand science, because he's confused a hypothesis for a fact, due to his brainwashed devotion to the words of Al Gore. But he'll use science as an excuse to justify a political belief, even as he refuses to consider data that could prove him wrong, which is about as unscientific as someone can be. Maybe he'd believe some of the claims against global warming if they were told to him by a fortune teller.

Dr. Gregg doesn't understand science, because he's confused a hypothesis for a fact, due to his brainwashed devotion to the words of Al Gore. But he'll use science as an excuse to justify a political belief, even as he refuses to consider data that could prove him wrong, which is about as unscientific as someone can be. Maybe he'd believe some of the claims against global warming if they were told to him by a fortune teller.

Yes, Im a scientist who actually does research and has a Phd, with 10 years of research experience, that doesn't know the scientific method.

Just shut up, unless you want to continue to make yourself look like an idiot or continue to show everybody else what a loser you are that you go around trolling the internet being purposely dense.

What about allof the NASA, DOD, NOAA and the majority of other scientists in the world that believe global warming is fact?
All of them wrong and the 5% that call it a hoax are right?

Does that mean that God-fearing people are just as foolish as global-warming fearing people?

In your humble opinion?

I don't know believe in creationism but people who do believe in it for the same reason that people who believe in global warming.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you that deluded?

Show me a single scientific fact supporting creationism

that doesn't know the scientific method.

you clearly don't, I wouldn't hire you to clean the trash can in a lab, never mind actually conduct an experiment, you don't have the ability to distinguish a hypothesis from a fact, a skill you typically find in any Freshman engineering student

and in spite of exposing your pathetic inability to do something a student could do, you have nothing to refute my claims other than a very scientific "shut up", but I think this is probably what you say to the drive thru customers when they get on your case about not providing enough ketchup

Does that mean that God-fearing people are just as foolish as global-warming fearing people?

In your humble opinion?

I don't know believe in creationism but people who do believe in it for the same reason that people who believe in global warming.

That would mean that there are approximately the same number of scientists who believe in creationism as there are scientists who believe the earth is getting warmer.

In your humble opinion?

That would mean that there are approximately the same number of scientists who believe in creationism as there are scientists who believe the earth is getting warmer.

I said the REASONS for one person to believe in creationism and for one person to believe in global warming are the same.

What about allof the NASA, DOD, NOAA and the majority of other scientists in the world that believe global warming is fact?

a majority of scientists believed tomatoes were poisonous until the 1800s, did that make them right?

or the many who claimed in the 1970s that we had global cooling

for something to be a fact, the data has to be observable, repeatable, and immutable, which global warming isn't, this is very different than what we saw with sulfur dioxide causing acid rain, which no one of any political background disputed, this is why global warming is more about unverifiable religious beliefs, you just have fools who use science as a way of advancing their political views

we also shouldn't be seeing so many global warming fearmongers of the past now backing into "climate change", the data has changed and they've changed their story

I said the REASONS for one person to believe in creationism and for one person to believe in global warming are the same.

Oh you mean like the REASON that overwhelming evidence leads scientists to believe man made factors are contributing to global warming?

Or the REASON that some fundamentalists believe an invisible being created the world with no scientific evidence at all

Last edited:
Oh you mean like the REASON that overwhelming evidnce leads scientists to believe man made factors are contributing to global warming?

if it's so overwhelming, why are so many backing off and going now with "climate change"?

if it's so overwhelming, what happened to the global cooling they said was coming in the 1970s?

Oh you mean like the REASON that overwhelming evidnce leads scientists to believe man made factors are contributing to global warming?

if it's so overwhelming, why are so many backing off and going now with "climate change"?

if it's so overwhelming, what happened to the global cooling they said was coming in the 1970s?

They are going with "climate change" because some idiot right wing flat earthers are unable to comprehend the concept that it snows in the winter

All of them wrong and the 5% that call it a hoax are right?

5% and Sarah Palin.

Forum List

Back