What countries are fighting our fight on Terrorism?

wolvie20m

Oct 20, 2004
Seattle, Wa
I would like to know whos against us bein in Iraq, an Afganistan. France is an obvis but who else I can't really find anything else on this. Can someone hook me up?

wolvie20m said:
I would like to know whos against us bein in Iraq, an Afganistan. France is an obvis but who else I can't really find anything else on this. Can someone hook me up?

You could list almost 1/2 of America... :/

Okay maybe..probly not...but maybe you can answer me why we want to form a coalition with some of these people. IO just don't understand it. With some luck America will wake up and not care who’s on our side and just go about our business. Please I'm younger and just not understanding this. I'm thinking they want us to back off cause they weren't attacked like us. Just irritated with these people who care about what other countries think.

wolvie20m said:
slighly off point i know, but i just found this out
there are 1820 french troops involved in Afgahistan
:firing:

wolvie20m said:
But they so obvisly oppose us taking out terror where it hides(Iraq and as we disscused last night Iran)
there is little direct evidence linking these states to terrorism, they are certainly rogue states and do represnt a danger to their own citizens and other nations in the middle east, but there is stronger evidence that other nations are where terror hides eg; egypt, saudi arabia, morocco, sudan, afganistan, algeria, pakistan, indonesia, malyaisa. However the big difference is that our governments like their governments and so leave them to deal with the terrorists, and indeed the west often provides support in form of military hardware and training. the way these nations deal with terrorism and radical muslims can often only make the problem worse, eg:saudi arabia

Yees theres no proof of them supporting these terrorists but, protecting them and advocating thier purpose of attacking inoccent people. Thats not much better..

wolvie20m said:
Yees theres no proof of them supporting these terrorists but, protecting them and advocating thier purpose of attacking inoccent people. Thats not much better..
glad u agree on 1st bit
i would consider protecting them a form of supporting them, and in that case then pakistan should be a target as it was pakistani's that most likely protected and hid Bin Laden and may still do.
in terms of advocating their purpose, to condone attacking innocent people is evil, but they are words, and i think wars should only be caused by action, not words. anyways then egypt and saudi arabia should be top targets as these nations provided the ideology(eygpt) and the finance(Saudi) for 9/11

If they're so opposed to us going into Iraq, why don't they stop yacking and take action? Why don't they just sanction us with their army? What's that? Oh yeah, it's because they don't HAVE an army. Maybe that means they should just shut the hell up.

Hobbit said:
If they're so opposed to us going into Iraq, why don't they stop yacking and take action? Why don't they just sanction us with their army? What's that? Oh yeah, it's because they don't HAVE an army. Maybe that means they should just shut the hell up.
you mean why don't they attack you, thats a pretty weird thing to wish for. they do actually have an army,almost 2000 troops of which are in afganistan helping you guys on in the real war on terror. so the essence of your point is fight or shut the hell up. if that was how international relations worked then i suspect that there would be a lot more wars and death in this world, do you really want that?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Redz said:
they do actually have an army,almost 2000 troops of which are in afganistan helping you guys on in the real war on terror.

Are you implying that Iraq is somehow not part of the 'real' war on terror? Time for you to ask for a refund from whomever educated you!

jimnyc said:
Are you implying that Iraq is somehow not part of the 'real' war on terror? Time for you to ask for a refund from whomever educated you!
nah, i'm just saying that there is no direct evidence linking iraq to muslim fundamentalist terror. and prez Bush by not explictly making the link clear, shows this. iraqs previous staus as a secular nationalist dictatorship mean't that they would have been enemys of religious nationalists

Redz said:
nah, i'm just saying that there is no direct evidence linking iraq to muslim fundamentalist terror. and prez Bush by not explictly making the link clear, shows this. iraqs previous staus as a secular nationalist dictatorship mean't that they would have been enemys of religious nationalists

Saddam was a terrorist himself. Saddam funded and supported terrorists. Saddam gave safe haven to terrorists. Saddam allowed terrorists to train in Iraq. I believe it's easy and clear to see why Iraq is a huge part of the war on terror.

I suggest you research Iraq's history and involvement with terrorism.

Redz, try looking up the following terrorist organizations and their connections to Iraq/Saddam:

Abu Nidal organization
Ansar al-Islam
Arab liberation front
Hamas
Kurdistan workers party
Mujahedin e Khalq
Palestinian liberation front

jimnyc said:
Saddam was a terrorist himself. Saddam funded and supported terrorists. Saddam gave safe haven to terrorists. Saddam allowed terrorists to train in Iraq. I believe it's easy and clear to see why Iraq is a huge part of the war on terror.

I suggest you research Iraq's history and involvement with terrorism.
this is true, but conclusive evidence that saddam was involed in 9/11 was never put forward directly by the administration

jimnyc said:
Redz, try looking up the following terrorist organizations and their connections to Iraq/Saddam:

Abu Nidal organization
Ansar al-Islam
Arab liberation front
Hamas
Kurdistan workers party
Mujahedin e Khalq
Palestinian liberation front
thanks for tips, will look up over the weekend.
i am aware of saddams links to hamas for example, however i dunno about the involvement of these organisations in 9/11, and that is what people in europe believe the war on terror should be about. if the definition of terror groups targeted is too broad, then it is open to abuse, for example in ireland and spain there are nationalist sepratists terror groups, are these included in the broader definition of terror?

Redz said:
this is true, but conclusive evidence that saddam was involed in 9/11 was never put forward directly by the administration

Terrorism is bigger than 11 September. The Fight against Terrorism goes beyond 'payback' for 11 September.

Redz said:
thanks for tips, will look up over the weekend.
i am aware of saddams links to hamas for example, however i dunno about the involvement of these organisations in 9/11, and that is what people in europe believe the war on terror should be about. if the definition of terror groups targeted is too broad, then it is open to abuse, for example in ireland and spain there are nationalist sepratists terror groups, are these included in the broader definition of terror?

We have had many, many threads and discussions on this board about the definition of terror. I suspect that, no matter how it is defined, those that agree with a particular cause will view that particular entity as "freedom fighters" or "insurgents" etc. and everything else as terrorism. Personally, I beleive any group or organization that purposely attacks civilian targets for the purpose of gaining notice and creating fear among a population are indeed terrorists. The ends DO NOT justify the means, in my opinion, when it comes to terrorism.

Redz said:
i am aware of saddams links to hamas for example, however i dunno about the involvement of these organisations in 9/11, and that is what people in europe believe the war on terror should be about....
Is it not clear YET that, WE the people of the USA, could give a shit less what the people in Europe think?

Forum List

Back