CDZ What CAN the President do with classified information?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, May 16, 2017.

1. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Fake news. Zero evidence as usual with the 'The Reflatulence' scam campaigns.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    Are you expecting a serious answer to the title question? If so, do you mean the answer to be given with regard to the current POTUS?

3. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,886
    The President can do what he wants with classified information. He can declassify it and broadcast it to the world if he chooses.

BUT, if he does so, and sources are compromised or endangered, how willing will the source of that information be to tell Americans other stuff which endangered their life?

The information Trump shared with the Russians came from Israel with specific instructions that it NOT be given to the Russians.

THAT is the problem with Trump sharing this Intel.

4. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,017
    I know this is difficult to understand, but to OP is INFORMATIONAL for those who want to learn and understand.

5. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,017
    I don't see where the president said anything about where the information came from or how it was developed. That came from the treasonous left out to do everything possible to put road blocks in from of President Trump.

6. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,585
    Well, assuming you're correct, the OP will answer "no" to my first question. The first sentence of the OP suggests, however, that it is not informational, unless, of course, the information it aims to impart is providing an awareness about what the OP-er wonders.

I know this is hard for you to understand -- and I know it because you declared the OP as informational rather than interrogative -- but that question mark at the end of the sentence strongly suggests it's not informational, but rather that its writer seeks information.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  7. BETH-MIDAN

BETH-MIDAN Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    'Classified' or 'TS' data or information its own thing apart form the president. Much of what the president does is assembled from government offices who's higher functions lead from NSA and Central Intelligence class information which is often then processed into his agenda and used to formulate executive policy.

The president is not a subvert to the state of Israel or its intelligence or politics, dems boof it up again.

8. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +560
    Yeah, this was just a new situation. I was curious what the legal limits were.

Sometimes asking an honest question has the benefit of showing who is a crazy pom pom squad member or cheerleader for a particular party. This shows who's opinion or statements I should value less in other posts. That was an unintended benefit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Designing Woman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,886
    Trump then blurted out that he didn't mention Israel in that meeting at the press conference with Netanyahu. The presser was over but he called everyone back to blurt this out. If looks could kill, the SS would have had to take Bibi down because he sure looked pissed.

Then there's telling the Philippine President where your subs are. That went over well at the Pentagon.

Trump said that anyone who is careless with classified information should lose access to it. Time to take Donnie's security clearance away since he's very careless with Intel.