What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

The Crystals "He's A Rebel" released in 1962 on Philles Records, the B Side is "I Love You Eddie"

I listened to music formerly, the in old time. I like the rock opera and musical films. My favorite (when I was young) the "Hair".

"Hair tells the story of the "tribe", a group of politically active, long-haired hippies of the "Age of Aquarius" living a bohemian life in New York City and fighting against conscription into the Vietnam War. Claude, his good friend Berger, their roommate Sheila and their friends struggle to balance their young lives, loves, and the sexual revolution with their rebellion against the war and their conservative parents and society. Ultimately, Claude must decide whether to resist the draft as his friends have done, or to succumb to the pressures of his parents (and conservative America) to serve in Vietnam, compromising his pacifistic principles and risking his life." More: Hair (musical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

("Hungary abolished mandatory military service by November 2004, after the parliament had modified the constitution, ending a long-standing political dispute. To restore drafting, a two-thirds vote in parliament is needed, which is unlikely in the short term. As of 2011, the country is developing a professional army, with strong emphasis on "contract soldiers" who voluntarily serve 4+4 years for a wage.

In December 2011, the National Assembly re-established the possibility of mandatory military service for every male citizen - with Hungarian address - between the age of 18 and the age of 40. Even though drafting is still banned in peace time, the listing of citizens fit for military service starts in January 2012. According to the legislation, the conscripts can only be drafted in "state of emergency" or as defensive measure, the National Assembly can authorise drafting.")

Or an other brilliant arts:
"In 1983, in the latest years of the communist regime, a recent play was put on in Budapest's greatest park. The music (Levente Szörényi) and the writing (János Bródy) has been over the years a little part of the hungarian nation's sense. There is a song for freedom, song about, what the freedom is, what can be a route of fate of a thousand-years old land and his nation with God and with ourselves alone.

The rock opera was based on true historical events. In 997, the hungarian grand prince, Stephen defeated Koppány, the leader of the transdanubian pagan rebels. Stephen was the founder of the hungarian state, one of the apostles of christianity and the builder of christian european culture in Hungary."

My personal remark: Koppány was Stephen King's uncle and we also love he is. :)

Leon Russell

Screenshot_2016-02-22-21-31-28.png

Forum List

Back