What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Marlena Shaw "Let's Wade In The Water" this was recorded in 1966 and released as "7 on Cadet Records, the B Side is "Show Time"

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Slim Harpo "I'm A King Bee" recorded and also released in 1957 on Excello Records of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

This was a A A Side, the other side is "I Got Love If You Want It".

His own compositions of course, J. Moore, James Moore aka Slim Harpo.

This song is obviously and not too subtle about it, this is about sex.

The other side "I Got Love If You Want It", also excellent, all Slim Harpo's stuff is excellant.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

I've met him and his wife a few times, nice people.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Arvo Pärt "Ludus: Con moto" from his 1977 double concerto "Tabula Rasa", containing two movements "Ludus" and "Silentium", for two solo violins, prepared piano and chamber orchestra. It's very beautiful and inspiring stuff.

Arvo Pärt is a great Estonian composer.

Arvo Pärt "Silentium: Senza moto"

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Stereolab "Super-Electric" from 1991 a "7 on Duophonic Records....I was 1 years-old when this released.

Stereolab "French Disko" from 1993 a "7 on Duophonic Records.

Forum List

Back