What are you listening to?

Just listened to Buddy Guy's latest CD, The Blues Is Alive And Well, while driving around tonight. It's fantastic, Buddy's vocals and guitar playing are still top notch. He recorded this one at 81 or 82 years old! And he's still performing live. If you like Buddy's music or blues music in general, pick this one up!

Just listened to Buddy Guy's latest CD, The Blues Is Alive And Well, while driving around tonight. It's fantastic, Buddy's vocals and guitar playing are still top notch. He recorded this one at 81 or 82 years old! And he's still performing live. If you like Buddy's music or blues music in general, pick this one up!
Buddy Guy, wow I had no idea he was still recording!

Yep, and he STILL sounds great. He's 83 years old now, The Blues Is Alive And Well was released in 2018.

And Buddy isn't the oldest blues musician that's still performing. Jimmy Johnson, singer/guitarist/songwriter is 90 years old and he still performs a few times a month in Chicago. He hasn't been a very prolific artist, in terms of album/cd releases, but any of his music is worth checking out. I believe he's released just 11 or12 albums in his career. My favorite by him is Bar Room Preacher, on Alligator records, released in 1983-84. It's some wonderful, hard hitting blues.

Forum List

Back