What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Kate Bush "Babooshka" released on 7" in 1980 on EMI Records, the B Side is "Ran Tan Waltz"...."Babooshka" also appears on Bush's third album "Never for Ever" also released in 1980 also on EMI Records.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

I love Polly Jean Harvey completely.

P J Harvey "The Piano" from her album "White Chalk" released in 2007 on Island Records.

P J Harvey "My Beautiful Leah" from her album "Is This Desire?" released in 1998 on Island Records.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Sauna Youth "The Bridge" released on 7" on Upset The Rhythm Records on January 15th 2016....the B Side is "Blurry Images"...."The Bridge" also appears on their debut album "Distractions" also released on Upset The Rhythm Records.

Sauna Youth are from London, England.

Sauna Youth "Transmitters" from their debut album "Distractions" released in 2015 on Upset The Rhythm Records.

Yeah buddy!

Yes excellent stuff :smile:

P J Harvey has a new album - her ninth album - released on 15th April, it's called "The Hope Six Demolition Project"

The_Hope_Six_Demolition_Project_%28Front_Cover%29.png

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

P J Harvey also has a very great drummer Robert Ellis.

P J Harvey "Sheela-Na-Gig" released on her album "The Peel Sessions 1991-2004" released in 2006 on Island Records.... "Sheela-Na-Gig" also appears on her debut album "Dry" released in 1992 on Too Pure Records.

The GREAT man in the picture with Polly Jean....he's much missed R.I.P.

P J Harvey "Yuri-G" from her album "Rid Of Me" released in 1993 on Island Records.

Forum List

Back