What are you listening to?

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Bobbie Gentry "Ode To Billie Joe" released on 7" in 1967 on Capitol Records, the B Side is "Mississippi Delta"...."Ode To Billie Joe" also the title of Bobbie Gentry's first album also released in 1967 on Capitol Records.

Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" released on 7" in 1977 on Sire Records, the B Side is "Psycho Killer (Acoustic Version)"...."Psycho Killer" also appears on Talking Heads first album "Talking Heads: 77" also released in 1977 on Sire Records.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Espers "Dead King" from the album "The Weed Tree" released in 2005 on Locust Music.

8 minutes and 2 seconds of majestic wonderment and a beautiful voice.

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra "Some Velvet Morning" released on 7" in 1967 on Reprise Records the B Side is "Oh, Lonesome Me"

Love Lee Hazlewood's stuff...."Some Velvet Morning" obviously about sex, which makes the song even greater:

Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

Daisy Hill Puppy Farm "Heart Of Glass" released on 7" in 1988 on Lakeland Records, single A side no B side....Daisy Hill Puppy Farm from Iceland, only released two singles, this a cover of the Blondie song and in 1989 a 12" "Crusher":

City Slang Records

Imarhan

Edited to add comment.

The Velvelettes "Needle In A Haystack" released on 7" in 1964 on V.I.P Records, a Motown subsidiary, the B Side is "Should I Tell Them"

Forum List

Back