What are you grateful for?

S

sky dancer

Thanksgiving is a time to consider what we are grateful for.

I'm doing a practice of remembering every morning to appreciate what I have.
It started at being grateful for not dying in my sleep. I am alive--already that's a plus. I'm in a warm bed, and I'm lying next to the woman I love. My cat is on the bed, and my dog is snoring in the next room.

I remember that I have precious human life. That is not ordinary human life. Precious human life has eight freedoms and ten specific endowments connected with it.

I'm grateful to be alive, and to know love in my life. I have freinds who deeply love and appreciate me. I have family. I have skills and abilities that are of benefit to others. I have a spiritual path that will lead to enlightenment.

I live in America, which allows me to practice my spirituality freely. I have the leisure to meditate and to delve deeply into subjects of interest to myself and others.

I'm happy to live in America, and to have helped elect an inspired President Barack Obama.

I'm grateful that GW blew his chances so that Obama could be the President of this time--a time the world is receptive to him.

Whatever small merit I accumulate through helping others in whatever way I am able I dedicate to the benefit and enlightenment of all.

May you all achieve your highest dreams and aspirations in this life. May all beings be happy and free of suffering and come to know the sorrowless state.

Forum List

Back