What are our objectives in Libya?

So far we have created the need for at least 75 million dollar order to Raytheon to replace the Tomohawks we blew up. We have REALLY destabilized North African oil deliveries ensuring the $4 Gas at the pump will no doubt hit $5 soon.

Thank you for telling me what we've done. But that really doesn't tell me what our objectives there are.

None.

The only objectives are useless waste of resources.

Shoot down aircraft, destroy anti-aircraft installments.

And don't kill Gaddafi.

Seriously, he's the only one that gets to live no matter what.

Unless by some miracle the rebels pull off a win.

We have no plan or strategy to win.

So far we have created the need for at least 75 million dollar order to Raytheon to replace the Tomohawks we blew up. We have REALLY destabilized North African oil deliveries ensuring the $4 Gas at the pump will no doubt hit $5 soon.

Thank you for telling me what we've done. But that really doesn't tell me what our objectives there are.
I thought HUGGY answered your question.

It still seems a bit unclear to me. Thank you.

Twofold

1. To give the appearance that the leadership in the US is doing something, not just dithering between alternatives.

2. Already noted, the desire to create new spending at various defense contractors, thus bringing home some bacon to the homefolks.

It still seems a bit unclear to me. Thank you.

EXCELLENT question, Av.

What is the NATO FORCES END GAME, and what is the EXIT STRATEGY?

I do support this international force that is preventing Ghadaffi from killing his own people, and like you, I , too, would like to know what the plans are for when that tyrant is deposed.

Last edited:
The objective is to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering his own people. And.... it's working.

And how does that work when we aren't going to pursue regime change? As long as he is in power he is a danger in his people.

You've probably summed up our objectives the best I've seen. I am just kind of shocked that these aren't spelled out alittle better before putting our troops in harms way.

The objective is to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering his own people. And.... it's working.

And how does that work when we aren't going to pursue regime change? As long as he is in power he is a danger in his people.

You've probably summed up our objectives the best I've seen. I am just kind of shocked that these aren't spelled out alittle better before putting our troops in harms way.

We can't afford to pursue regime change? Hell, we can't afford collective bargaining rights in our own country. How the hell can we afford to pursue regime change in someone else's country??:eusa_eh:

We can't afford to pursue regime change? Hell, we can't afford collective bargaining rights in our own country. How the hell can we afford to pursue regime change in someone else's country??:eusa_eh:

That's another reason I question this action. I don't feel like We've been informed enough. I'm not sure where we are supposedly getting the finances though I've heard the Arab League is fitting the bill. I don't know how much they are paying, if they are paying, or if it's just a rumor.

There is too much of this that is shady right now.

That's another reason I question this action. I don't feel like We've been informed enough. I'm not sure where we are supposedly getting the finances though I've heard the Arab League is fitting the bill. I don't know how much they are paying, if they are paying, or if it's just a rumor.

There is too much of this that is shady right now.

I agree. We have all been lied to before when it came to ME action. Those oil revenues from Iraq never materialized!

Firstly, we're not putting our troops in harms way to any huge extend. The Libyan military ain't all that... except against badly armed, untrained rebels.

I, personally, think we need to look at a bigger picture and consider what is happening across the region and then consider why we are putting our resources into leveling the playing field in Libya when we haven't in other countries. Ask harder questions. It seems to me, some of us aren't asking the right questions.

Meanwhile...in North Korea there are 10,000's of people in political prisons - some even born there - and they die of starvation/malnutrition/exhaustion on a daily basis.
Syria is killing its own people.
Yemen is killing it's own people.
Not to mention mass slaughter in South America....yet...we are bombing Libya.

And our leaders will, once again, look like idiots after this is over with and Qadaffi will still be in power - and likely much more outspoken and ruthless than before.

Forum List

Back