What A Terrible Week For Liberals

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I cannot remember such a bad week for libs and such a great week for Conservatives

First, the libs lose the CA 50th election to replace the crook Duke Cunningham. The libs were so cocky they were going to take back the House and this election would be the beginning of the Dems return to power

They lost. Republicans won the election and the libs were in disbelief

Then the US military killed Zarqzwi and the libs acted like they were in mouring. After calling the military broken, accusing them of murder, and comparing them to Nazis, the military pulls off a brilliant operation and killed the most wanted terrorist in Iraq

Then Pres Bush pulls off a secret trip to Iraq to meet with the newly elected governemnt in Iraq. The liberal media was shocked they were not told. To bad.

Now the news comes out Karl Rove will not be charged with a crime. The libs had his orange jumpsuit all picked out and his cell ready at a Super Max prison.

I hope the left has an extra large crying towel

red states rule said:
I cannot remember such a bad week for libs and such a great week for Conservatives

First, the libs lose the CA 50th election to replace the crook Duke Cunningham. The libs were so cocky they were going to take back the House and this election would be the beginning of the Dems return to power

They lost. Republicans won the election and the libs were in disbelief

Then the US military killed Zarqzwi and the libs acted like they were in mouring. After calling the military broken, accusing them of murder, and comparing them to Nazis, the military pulls off a brilliant operation and killed the most wanted terrorist in Iraq

Then Pres Bush pulls off a secret trip to Iraq to meet with the newly elected governemnt in Iraq. The liberal media was shocked they were not told. To bad.

Now the news comes out Karl Rove will not be charged with a crime. The libs had his orange jumpsuit all picked out and his cell ready at a Super Max prison.

I hope the left has an extra large crying towel

America votes with its wallet. Always has, always will. Check up on what Bush's Fed Chairman has done to the market with his big mouth.

I hope it turns around not for GOP's sake, but for the sake of my family and everyother American family. If it does not, the Republicans will get spanked.

Interesting...

RSR is very quick to jump on every single move a liberal makes...yet he does not want to touch the failures that have haunted Ben Bernanke of late.

A Comment from RSR:

I do not think this ruins any liberal's week. I am glad Bush is in Iraq, if nothing else it may be a motivational boost for the new government.

A Comment from the Globe and Mail:
In May, Mr. Bernanke changed the message and began to prepare the markets for a continuation of the tightening cycle. On Monday, June 5, the Fed head said chairman Ben Bernanke said "unwelcome" signs of inflation are rippling through the economy – a grim warning that sent stocks and bonds tumbling on Wall Street.

The selloff sparked by his comments has not let up, with Canadian and global stock markets joining the losses. Gold and other metal and commodity prices have also dropped sharply, as investors brace for potentially higher U.S. interest rates.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060613.wmlben0613/BNStory/Business/home

You seem to view everything as election ammunition RSR. When 401K's across America are in the toilet...I don't think anybody is going to care about the President's June visit to Iraq.

Perhaps Bush should have appointed somone who realizes that conversations with journalists are never "off the record". It is also better to have a fed chairman who is going to speak with his actions, not with words of pessimism.

Like I said, I hope the market turns around so that all of our families are not stressed by economic trouble...but the point remains, the stock market's tumble outweighs anything else.

When the liberal media is in full spin mode I know things are good in America

Zarqawi a Victim?
Posted by Michael Rule on June 9, 2006 - 12:39.
There has been some buzz in the email this morning about a question Pam Hess of UPI asked General William Caldwell in a briefing this morning. In her question, Hess referred to those who died in the air strike that killed the most wanted man in Iraq, including Abu Musab al Zarqawi himself, as victims. Her full question was:

"General, this is Pam Hess of UPI. What's going to happen to Zarqawi's body after the autopsy? Does it get returned to Jordan to his family? And do you have anything on the identity of the others killed in the strike? And was it 6 victims including Zarqawi or was it 7?"

A legitimate question, however, her word choice is unfortunate. Let us remember the true victims are the ones who were savagely murdered by Zarqawi and his network of thugs. Zarqawi and his associates killed along with him, are not victims here, rather, they are the recipients of justice.

How Could Good News from Iraq Make So Many Bad Headlines?
Posted by Greg Sheffield on June 9, 2006 - 11:50.
If the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi were "good" news, it's hard to imagine how the media could report much worse for "bad" news in Iraq.

Pretend Pundit has a good roundup of media headlines.

One day after the killing of Al-Zarqawi, it's business-as-usual for the Drive-by Media. The Washington Post even ran a poll reminding us that we all think Iraq sucks.
If I'm a Democratic strategist, I couldn't be happier. Here are this morning's top headlines:

CNN: Al-Zarqawi is dead, violence continues
CNN: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was alive when U.S. troops first reached him after the airstrike on his safe house, a U.S. general said, according to news reports. Of course, there's got to be controversy. What did Rumsfeld know and when did he know it?

Analyzing Victory Into Defeat
Posted by Christopher Fotos on June 9, 2006 - 10:54.
It's not necessary for reporters to agree that the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is a major victory. But they should let their readers know such people, outside the Bush Administration, exist.

In After Zarqawi, No Clear Path In Weary Iraq by the Washington Post's Ellen Knickmeyer, every independent expert downplays the significance of Zarqawi's death. Even a mysteriously identified "longtime participant in the U.S. military hunt for Zarqawi" sees it as upside for the bad guys. Yet at least one of Knickmeyer's named sources is more upbeat in a different outlet, and she omits the passionate political convictions of another.

Terrorist Zarqawi Dead, Media Suspect Foul Play
Posted by Noel Sheppard on June 9, 2006 - 09:56.

Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and all of al Qaeda’s leaders in Iraq and throughout the world laid down their arms and surrendered to American forces, would the media report it as good news?

Judging from the initial press reaction to the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq by the American military on Wednesday, the answer appears to be no.

In fact, this tepid response to the death of the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq – a man who has at times in the past couple of years been depicted as more vital to this terrorist network than the currently in-hiding bin Laden – suggests quite disturbingly that America’s media are fighting a different war than America’s soldiers.

According to NewsBusters, CNN’s senior editor for Arab affairs Octavia Nasr said the following about Zarqawi’s death on “American Morning” Thursday:

"Some people say it will enrage the insurgency, others say it will hurt it pretty bad. But if you think about the different groups in Iraq, you have to think that Zarqawi's death is not going to be a big deal for them."

However, CNN didn’t always feel that Zarqawi’s death or capture would be so inconsequential. Just days after Saddam Hussein was found in his spider hole, Paula Zahn brought CNN national correspondent Mike Boettcher on to discuss a new threat in Iraq. Zahn began the December 15, 2003 segment:

http://newsbusters.org/node?from=60

The US economy is booming............

Economic Growth Continues - More Than 5.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003
On June 2, 2006, The Government Released New Jobs Figures – 75,000 Jobs Created In May. The economy has created about 1.9 million jobs over the past 12 months – and more than 5.3 million since August 2003. The unemployment rate fell to 4.6 percent – lower than the average of the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.

The Economy Remains Strong, And The Outlook Is Favorable

Revised Report Shows Fastest Real GDP Growth In Two-And-A-Half Years. Real GDP grew at an annual rate of 5.3 percent for the first quarter of this year. This follows our economic growth of 3.5 percent in 2005 – the fastest rate of any major industrialized nation.

Productivity Increased At A Strong Annual Rate Of 3.7 Percent In The First Quarter.

Real Hourly Compensation Rose At A 3.2 Percent Annual Rate In The First Quarter.

Personal Income Increased At An Annual Rate Of 6.7 Percent In April. Since January 2001, real after-tax income has risen by 12.9 percent, or 7.3 percent per person.

Real Consumer Spending Increased At An Annual Rate Of 5.2 Percent In The First Quarter.

Employment Increased In 47 States Over The Past 12 Months Ending In April. Nonfarm payroll employment increased in 41 states in April.

Industrial Production Increased 4.7 Percent Over The Past 12 Months. Over the past 12 months, manufacturing production has increased by 5.5 percent.

Ralph Peters says it's been a terrible month for MSM:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/o..._know_it_alls_opedcolumnists_ralph_peters.htm

BRAVE PREZ BESTS
MEDIA KNOW-IT-ALLS

By RALPH PETERS

June 14, 2006 -- JUNE has been a miserable month for our left-wing media.

First, the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi forced the alleged "massacre" at Haditha off Page One, frustrating media attempts to manufacture a sequel to Abu Ghraib. Then, President Bush made a midnight ride to Baghdad to put one very important pair of boots on the ground. He didn't hug the airport, either, but crossed the city to the Green Zone for a face-to-face with Iraq's new prime minister. It was a brave and inspiring act. And a worthy one.

Strategically wise, good for Iraqi and American morale - and, yes, politically savvy - the president's trip blew apart the media's effort to recover from their loss of Zarqawi.

It also shut down their bid to refocus our attention on the suicides of three poor, deprived terrorists at Guantanamo - thugs we're expected to mourn as victims of our inhumanity. Hate-America journalists just can't get a break these days.

But they're still trying. One cable-news anchor yesterday asked if Bush's visit to Iraq was a "publicity stunt." Her own network's correspondent shot that down, on-air. True reporters know a missile can kill a president as easily as a private.

The Gitmo suicide-trifecta was the real publicity stunt. This accurate statement should never have been retracted: It was an act of asymmetrical warfare. And every save-the-terrorists jerk behind a mike knows it in his or her shriveled bleeding heart.

The strategic momentum has shifted. Fighting a terrorist movement takes time, sometimes a frustrating amount of it. But Bush's trip drove home some undeniable facts:

* The American president can go to Baghdad. And our enemies can't stop him. And the White House didn't black out news of this visit until the prez was wheels-up for home; word broke while he was still in the Green Zone. One big Bronx cheer for the bad guys - for whom Bush's visit was a humiliation.

* Iraq has an elected, functioning government of a quality that deserved a presidential visit. Image matters in the Arab world, and the symbolism of our president going to Baghdad to confer with Iraq's prime minister instantly raised that new government's stature.

* Americans aren't quitters. As Bush pointed out to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, when Americans give their word, we stick to it - at least under this president. The terrorists and their media sympathizers haven't been able to budge us. And we won't come back 'til it's over, over there.

* Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is dead and won't easily be replaced. The months ahead will still see plenty of violence, but Iraq's already better off.

* The hundreds of raids and arrests of terrorists in the wake of Zarqawi's death have received scant media coverage (those three sweet, virtuous Gitmo terrorists were more important, you see), but this is huge news.

Once you crack a terror system open, one success leads to another. For a long time, the terrorists held the tactical initiative; now we've grabbed it. It's a credit to fine intelligence work, good soldiering - and to the Iraqis struggling to save their country.

* One presidential visit to Baghdad is worth a thousand pathetic declarations of defeat from Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean or Ted Kennedy - none of whom has shown the least respect for the democratically elected and courageous leaders of reborn Iraq.

Bush's visit forced the media to briefly stop whining about the phony issues of Haditha and Gitmo and to acknowledge that Iraq has a free, functioning government. But for ambitious journalists, inventing or exaggerating American misdeeds will always be more rewarding than telling the truth: Zarqawi's death was written off, while Haditha was written up.

Still, glints of truth force their way through. And the truth is: We've got a president with guts; our efforts in Iraq are paying off, and their new government is far more important to Iraqis than Gitmo or Haditha.

Yesterday, President Bush dominated the news. And the news was good. Tomorrow, the America-haters in the press will try again to convince you that nothing our president, our soldiers or free Iraqis do can make a difference.

You know better.

and this from Dana Milbank, :shocked:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/13/AR2006061301463.html

Maybe Not Morning in America, but at Least Out of the Dark

By Dana Milbank
Wednesday, June 14, 2006; A02

Within hours of hearing yesterday morning that Karl Rove wouldn't be prosecuted in the CIA leak case, Sen. Chuck Schumer (N.Y.), the chief of the Democrats' campaign to retake the Senate, hurried to the press gallery to blunt the damage.

But it was no use. "Senator," MSNBC's Tom Curry needled Schumer, "as you know, the president has nicknames that he applies to people, and one of the nicknames he applied to Karl Rove was 'Turd Blossom.' "

"Cherry Blossom?" Schumer asked, puzzled.

"Turd Blossom," Curry repeated. "In terms of Rove's career as a political strategist in the fall campaign, will this lead to a new flowering of Turd Blossom?"

"I'm not going to comment," said the nonplused New Yorker.

But the earthy image -- a Texas desert flower that flourishes in manure -- was a good metaphor for Rove and the GOP yesterday: Both were, at least momentarily, blooming from the political muck in which they have been mired.

Rove, President Bush's chief strategist, was off the hook. Bush himself was in Iraq, celebrating the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and the completion of an Iraqi cabinet. Hillary Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, was booed by antiwar liberals at a gathering in Washington. A new House Republican was sworn in after winning a closely watched special election. And Bush's lowly poll numbers crept up in the Gallup poll.

A dozen days earlier, a reflective Bush expressed remorse about his "bring 'em on" tough talk. But yesterday, the doubts were gone and the bravado was back -- as much as it can be for a guy at 38 percent in the polls. "The progress here in Iraq has been remarkable," he told the cheering troops. "America's safer. The world is better off." He accused his opponents of a naïve bid to "forget the dangers we face" since Sept. 11, 2001.

The president's allies went further with the bluster. Moments after learning of his exoneration, Rove told a New Hampshire audience Monday night that Democratic critics of the Iraq war such as John Kerry and John Murtha, both combat veterans, "give the green light to go to war, but when it gets tough, they fall back of that party's old platform of cutting and running. They may be with you for the first few bullets but they won't be there for the last tough battles."

Yesterday morning, Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman went on TV to demand that Democratic leaders apologize to Rove. "I think there probably are a lot of folks who ought to acknowledge they were prejudging" him, concurred Sen. George Allen (R-Va.). White House aides, meanwhile, wrapped themselves in the imagery of military derring-do. Tony Snow and Dan Bartlett allowed themselves to be photographed wearing flak jackets and helmets on a chopper flight into Baghdad -- although the result was more Michael Dukakis than Mission Accomplished.

Democrats hurried to block Bush from recovering his political standing. Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), addressing the liberal gathering in Washington, recalled Bush's lack of combat experience. "Now, I understand fully that Iraq is not Vietnam," he said. "After all, President Bush is even there today."

Asked by reporters about the recent good news for Bush, Schumer was grudging. "These few developments -- and, for instance, the Zarqawi one is one I welcome -- don't remove the cloud of incompetence that is over the administration's head," he said. "I don't think the administration can really recover until they change their entire way of operating."

But however fervently Schumer wished away Bush's good news, Republicans sensed a shift in momentum. Sen. John Warner (Va.), chairman of the Armed Services Committee, even felt comfortable enough to brush off reporters' questions about the alleged Haditha massacre. "I think the secretary [Donald H. Rumsfeld] is correct in waiting" to brief Congress, Warner said. Asked when Pentagon officials might be called before his committee, he replied: "At this time, I don't think anybody can give an estimate on that. But I'm sure that they're forthcoming; they're not reluctant to come up and provide the witnesses. Not at all."

The GOP's confidence may be a little premature. The same CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll that showed Bush's approval up to 38 percent from 31 percent last month also showed that Americans still disapprove of the way he's handling Iraq, by 60 percent to 36 percent.

But, however tentative the progress, Republicans were ready to find a flower in the manure. "The Democratic Party," Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) said, is "looking success in the face and snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. We've got some very good news!"

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was also ready to declare a tentative victory. "Fundamentally, I believe the news is good," he told the microphones. "Sometimes I want to ask my colleagues, 'What is it about good news you don't like?' "

Bush, winging back from Iraq on Air Force One, struck reporters as "upbeat and relaxed" -- so much so that he savored Rove's exoneration in the CIA leak case, breaking his own rule about not commenting on the matter. Said Bush: "It's a chapter that has ended."

1549 said:
America votes with its wallet. Always has, always will. Check up on what Bush's Fed Chairman has done to the market with his big mouth.

I hope it turns around not for GOP's sake, but for the sake of my family and everyother American family. If it does not, the Republicans will get spanked.

The Dow was up over 100 points and the good economic news keeps coming in.

I know being a liberal means drinking the Kool Aid and believing everything stinks, but try to kick the habit

red states rule said:
The Dow was up over 100 points and the good economic news keeps coming in.

I know being a liberal means drinking the Kool Aid and believing everything stinks, but try to kick the habit

Fed Report: Economy Shows Signs of Slowing
Wednesday June 14, 4:49 pm ET
By Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer
Fed Report Says Economy Flashes Signs of Slowing, Businesses Cope With Rising Prices

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The economy flashed signs of slower growth heading into the summer but that did not help alleviate inflation concerns. Stung by rising costs for energy and other materials, some businesses felt inclined to boost prices.

That was the picture emerging from a Federal Reserve survey, released Wednesday, of the business climate around the country.

Although overall economic activity did expand from the middle of April to early June, "there were some signs of deceleration," the survey said.

In four of the 12 Fed districts surveyed -- Atlanta, Kansas City, Mo., Richmond, Va., and San Francisco -- economic activity moderated. In Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York and St. Louis, economic growth was about the same as in the Fed's last report, from April. Only the Philadelphia district reported better conditions.

Consumers did ring up sales, but also showed signs of caution. Some Fed districts reported retail sales were slowing or weaker than anticipated at discount stores or to lower-income customers, who have especially felt the pinch at the gas pump.

"High gasoline prices were cited by a few districts as changing purchasing patterns or clouding the outlook for sales," the survey said. "A couple of districts also said that rising interest rates were a concern."

The Fed's survey was taken after the latest jump in energy prices. Oil prices reached a record of $75.17 in late April. They have retreated, closing at $69.14 a barrel Wednesday. Gasoline prices, meanwhile, are above $3 a gallon in many areas.

The survey was taken after the Fed raised interest rates to a five-year high to help fend off inflation. The central bank's action on May 10 marked the 16th rate increase since June 2004.

The Fed's snapshot is based on information supplied by 12 regional Federal Reserve banks and collected before June 5.

On the inflation front, the survey said "concerns about high or rising costs were expressed by business contacts across much of the country." In some Fed districts this led to higher selling prices for manufacturers.

Higher prices were reported for items including fuels, metals, petroleum-based products and many building materials, such as concrete, steel, cooper and zinc, the survey said.

Some firms in the Philadelphia district said suppliers were including automatic price escalation in contracts to cover future increases in the cost of materials. A number of districts reported increases in fuel surcharges.

Although businesses were more likely to pass along some of their increased costs to each other in the form of higher prices, they were a bit more restrained in jacking up price tags for consumers.

"Just three districts -- Boston, Dallas and Philadelphia -- reported that retailers are having success raising retail prices," the Fed report said. Some other districts reported little change in retail prices.

The snapshot of economic conditions nationwide will figure into discussions at the Fed's next meeting to examine interest rates on June 28-29.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke last week called rising inflation unwelcome and pledged to take action to snuff it out. The message, which sent stocks around the world tumbling, was seen as a strong signal that interest rates will go up again later this month.

For the first five months of this year, consumer prices were rising at an annual rate of 5.2 percent -- well ahead of the 3.4 percent increase registered for all of 2005, the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

On other matters, the Fed report noted that the housing market showed fresh signs of cooling and that there was a slowing in loans to consumers, particularly for mortgages and home equity loans.

Manufacturing activity continued to expand but there were more reports of softening. "Areas of weakness included production of agricultural equipment and autos," the report said.

On the jobs front, there were some reports of shortages of skilled workers, such as truck drivers, some types of engineers, financial analysts and oil and gas workers.

Federal Reserve: http://www.federalreserve.gov/

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060614/fed_economy.html?.v=8

The market's decline in the past few weeks completely wiped out all of its gains from earlier in the year. While things were looking good, it looks as if the economy is going to lag.

1549 said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060614/fed_economy.html?.v=8

The market's decline in the past few weeks completely wiped out all of its gains from earlier in the year. While things were looking good, it looks as if the economy is going to lag.

This is a perfect example of what red states rule is talking about. He puts out a list of squash jobs suffered by you libbies and how do you reply? With a defelction trying to blame something unrelated on Bush and/or his administration.

It never ends .....

GunnyL said:
This is a perfect example of what red states rule is talking about. He puts out a list of squash jobs suffered by you libbies and how do you reply? With a defelction trying to blame something unrelated on Bush and/or his administration.

It never ends .....

He can give me a list 1,000 pages long that proves that the economy was doing well the last few years. It will not matter.

The federal reserve is the final word, and it is rather pessimistic about the future. If in fact their prediction comes true, the past three years mean jack shit. The economy is viewed with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. If the market is in the shitter in November (as it is right now), nobody will care what their portfolio looked like in May.

Like I said, I hope the past few weeks were just a fluke and I hope Bernanke learns to keep his mouth sealed. Otherwise wallets all over the country will start shooting blanks.

1549 said:
He can give me a list 1,000 pages long that proves that the economy was doing well the last few years. It will not matter.

The federal reserve is the final word, and it is rather pessimistic about the future. If in fact their prediction comes true, the past three years mean jack shit. The economy is viewed with a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. If the market is in the shitter in November (as it is right now), nobody will care what their portfolio looked like in May.

Like I said, I hope the past few weeks were just a fluke and I hope Bernanke learns to keep his mouth sealed. Otherwise wallets all over the country will start shooting blanks.

under bush:

if you are a business man you have done better over the past 6 years than under clinton....and in turn you have hired workers and given raises and bonuses.....as my 40 million dollar a year company has to our 200 employees....up 10 million and 50 people from the clinton years

if you are a leach....you have not done as well

manu1959 said:
under bush:

if you are a business man you have done better over the past 6 years than under clinton....and in turn you have hired workers and given raises and bonuses.....as my 40 million dollar a year company has to our 200 employees....up 10 million and 50 people from the clinton years

if you are a leach....you have not done as well

An average American making an average American's pay is not going to enjoy a lag in the economy one bit. They will feel the affects of a slow down. If it does in fact lasts into the election seasons, it will have a significant impact on the vote.

1549 said:

And your predictions about the economy; which, mirror the same predictions you libbies have been trying to pass off for the past six years has WHAT exactly to do with the thread? Maybe I missed something.

I thought the thread was about you libs taking it in the ass, not the usual woeful predictions about the economy that have yet to come to fruition.

1549 said:
An average American making an average American's pay is not going to enjoy a lag in the economy one bit. They will feel the affects of a slow down. If it does in fact lasts into the election seasons, it will have a significant impact on the vote.

my staff are average americans....they are also all young....they also all supported kerry....they are reaping the benifits of kerry's loss none the less....

raise my taxes and my corporate taxes and my clients will stop building projects, i will cut staff, not give raises or bonuses.

look no further than san francisco.....chris daley rasied taxes on construction projects....the developers packed up and went to oakland as jerry brown a dem created a no tax and incentive environment for developers.....10,000 housing units were built....now ron delums arrives....he is instituing taxes, and financial penalties on developers.....i had 4 projects stopp dead.....the developers have moved south to san jose....and north towards santa rosa

you see people are in business to make money....do you work for free?

manu1959 said:
my staff are average americans....they are also all young....they also all supported kerry....they are reaping the benifits of kerry's loss none the less....

raise my taxes and my corporate taxes and my clients will stop building projects, i will cut staff, not give raises or bonuses.

look no further than san francisco.....chris daley rasied taxes on construction projects....the developers packed up and went to oakland as jerry brown a dem created a no tax and incentive environment for developers.....10,000 housing units were built....now ron delums arrives....he is instituing taxes, and financial penalties on developers.....i had 4 projects stopp dead.....the developers have moved south to san jose....and north towards santa rosa

Funny, I've been hearing for six years how the construction industry goes flat when Republicans are in power; yet, business has never been better here.

And ITA with your assessment regarding taxes and construction. No work = no jobs = employees going home.

1549 said:

I'm with ya on Bernanke. He's made a few blunders so far which make me yearn for Greenspan again. And I didn't think those words would ever come off my keyboard, ever!

Time will tell......

GunnyL said:
Funny, I've been hearing for six years how the construction industry goes flat when Republicans are in power; yet, business has never been better here.

And ITA with your assessment regarding taxes and construction. No work = no jobs = employees going home.

it is not a dem or repub thing....it is about the philosphy of business....jerry brown is a dem and he gets it....will brown is a dem and he got it....bush gets it....boxer, feinstein, kennedy, kerry think you can tax a business to death and use the money to help the average american....the problem is if there is no business there will be nothing to tax

manu1959 said:
it is not a dem or repub thing....it is about the philosphy of business....jerry brown is a dem and he gets it....will brown is a dem and he got it....bush gets it....boxer, feinstein, kennedy, kerry think you can tax a business to death and use the money to help the average american....the problem is if there is no business there will be nothing to tax

Oh, I agree. I think it nothing more than yet another ploy to con people into voting Dem-o-crap. It has amazed me the number of people in construction who don't know a damned thing about the business end of it. They hear a "superstition" from someone supposedly "in the know," and next thing you know, they're voting blind.

GunnyL said:
And your predictions about the economy; which, mirror the same predictions you libbies have been trying to pass off for the past six years has WHAT exactly to do with the thread? Maybe I missed something.

I thought the thread was about you libs taking it in the ass, not the usual woeful predictions about the economy that have yet to come to fruition.

This is not a "lib predection", it is a prediction from the Federal Reserve.

The relation to this thread: RSR said it has been a terrible week for liberals. I noted that the stock market's tumble makes it terrible for conservatives as well.

The economy works in funny ways. The market crumbles. 401 K's are dropping. Consumers start to sweat and stop spending, business feels the affects.

In this case we may have an election season in the midst of all this. Thus the nervous consumer is not going to vote on whoever does a better job of promising financial security. We will see who that is.

Forum List

Back