Clinton links GOP policies to more storms

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:rotflmao: :cow: :cow:

By BRENDAN FARRINGTON, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jun 12, 7:22 PM ET

ORLANDO, Fla. - As Tropical Storm Alberto threatened to strengthen into the ninth hurricane in 22 months to affect Florida, former President Clinton predicted Monday that Republican environmental policies will lead to more severe storms.

"It is now generally recognized that while Al Gore and I were ridiculed, we were right about global warming," Clinton said at a fundraiser for the Florida Democratic Party. "It's a serious problem. It's going to lead to more hurricanes."

Gore's documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth," chronicles the former vice president's efforts to educate the public about global warming. It's in limited release around the country.

In his critique of the GOP, Clinton also touched on the war in Iraq, the rising federal deficit and high health care costs. The crowd of about 500 greeted him with loud applause and shouts of "We love you, Bill!" and "Four more years!
Jeff Sadosky, spokesman for the state Republican Party, decried Clinton's rhetoric. " Bill Clinton's class warfare and race-baiting message gets us no closer to solutions for the issues he brings up," he said.

Sadosky referred in part to Clinton's comments earlier this month in Arizona. At that event, Clinton characterized Republican Party leaders as right-wing, white Southerners.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton_democrats

It just hit me that the release of "An Inconvenient Truth" was timed to coincide with the onset of hurricane season. So, it would appear that - in addition to Democrats and the mainstream media hoping for increased death and destruction in Iraq, we've got them rooting for some real carnage at home, as well. I can picture Hillary, watching the Weather Channel, and saying, "Wouldn't it be great if New Orleans got smacked again? Talk about your political capital!"

The Liar checks in. How cute he agrees with Algore. I say piss on both of them. They don't know the SLIGHTEST bit about science and must rely solely on those that agree with their anti-American stance. Let's see Al and Bill once again aligned against the majority of Americans. Seems like old times. Good times; lying to the stupid public and getting their media cohorts to lie for them as well. Happy Days are here again!!

I was listening to a weather man go over the reason for these hurricanes. He did say it was because of warmer weather. However, he also pointed out that about half a century ago we had similar extremes in hurricane because the weather was warmer than usual.

The fact of the matter is the climate is cyclical in nature. People have dealt with climate changes fine for supposedly tens of thousands of year. Now is no different.

musicman said:
It just hit me that the release of "An Inconvenient Truth" was timed to coincide with the onset of hurricane season. So, it would appear that - in addition to Democrats and the mainstream media hoping for increased death and destruction in Iraq, we've got them rooting for some real carnage at home, as well. I can picture Hillary, watching the Weather Channel, and saying, "Wouldn't it be great if New Orleans got smacked again? Talk about your political capital!"

How ironic that the #1 movie is about those evil pollution-makers of the West- cars.

Forum List

Back