What a load of dumb ass

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
This is a report on a study about anti depressants. it concludes that anti depressants alone do not help with multiple psychiatric problems. and thus are some how not as good as they are claimed to be.

Well DUH. If a guy has a heart and liver problem, how effective is heart medicine alone gonna be for him?

One of the study groups were addicts. If you drink anti depressants do not work well, that is a KNOWN problem, the alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. If you abuse drugs of course other drugs you take will not be as effective.

Where is the study on THAT.

Why Antidepressants Don't Live Up to the Hype - Yahoo! News

I have multiple problems. I have chronic sometimes sever depression. I have a delusional paranoid disorder and a paranoid personality. Guess what, anti depressants are NOT the only thing my doctors found I needed, they treat all the conditions. And until they did anti depressants were marginally effective. With FULL treatment for all conditions, antidepressants work just fine.

I take 3 meds for my mental problems. Celexa, Geodon and Provigal. Celexa is for depression, Geodon helps with depression also but is for my delusional problems and Provigal helps stabilize my thinking and make me more alert.

My doctor knew I was opposed to help with the paranoia and delusions. So he got me to take Geodon by just telling me about the antidepressant side of it. It works wonders, it stopped a voice I have and it stabilized or helped stabilize my depression with celexa. I will NEVER willingly stop taking geodon. It literally changed my life.

By the way that is another problem with sickness like mine, a hell of a lot of people with my problems will not willingly take medication or will stop taking it as soon as it makes them better. They are non compliant with their medications.

There is no placebo effect in my case. Until I found the right meds I was one of those people that was non compliant with their meds. I still do not like the fact I have to take medication to be almost normal BUT it is so clear now that I comply. I do NOT want to return to that dark hole I was in.

Sorry, I have severe depression and extreme social anxiety, and a drug is a drug. It's not a placebo effect, but we are over medicated, and it's a huge rip off. You trade one problem for others, and it boils down to which problems you prefer, it doesn't fix anything. Since you have to learn to live with some problems anyway why not the ones you have without meds, thus if you cannot get the meds for one reason or the other you are not going to crash. I found a way to deal with mine, depression - I go to a forest, for some reason that cheers me up. For social anxiety - online ... it's perfect having so many bits between me and the person I am talking to that it doesn't bother me as much.

Sorry, I have severe depression and extreme social anxiety, and a drug is a drug. It's not a placebo effect, but we are over medicated, and it's a huge rip off. You trade one problem for others, and it boils down to which problems you prefer, it doesn't fix anything. Since you have to learn to live with some problems anyway why not the ones you have without meds, thus if you cannot get the meds for one reason or the other you are not going to crash. I found a way to deal with mine, depression - I go to a forest, for some reason that cheers me up. For social anxiety - online ... it's perfect having so many bits between me and the person I am talking to that it doesn't bother me as much.

For some people, like me meds are the only real answer. I was going to kill myself , I hung on by a thread. There are a lot of people like that. And others that without meds live a crappy life, a lot of homeless people are homeless because of mental problems that if treated they could live a normal life.

Telling someone that is suicidal to just live with it doesn't work. And that you think it does is beyond amazing. YOU are part of a problem that exists. I am glad YOU can function with out medication, but there are a hell of a lot of people that will die because of mental problems and hell of a lot more than will have dead end lives cause of mental problems.

You wouldn't shoot someone, but you sure as hell would kill them with your attitude about medication and mental problems.

Remind me again how the number of people killed every year by guns is bad and THEN research how many people COMMIT SUICIDE in this Country every YEAR. How many more try to kill themselves. How many people are homeless because of mental problems.

You need to get a clue.

Ohh and EOTS? Fuck off.

For some people, like me meds are the only real answer. I was going to kill myself , I hung on by a thread. There are a lot of people like that. And others that without meds live a crappy life, a lot of homeless people are homeless because of mental problems that if treated they could live a normal life.

Telling someone that is suicidal to just live with it doesn't work. And that you think it does is beyond amazing. YOU are part of a problem that exists. I am glad YOU can function with out medication, but there are a hell of a lot of people that will die because of mental problems and hell of a lot more than will have dead end lives cause of mental problems.

You wouldn't shoot someone, but you sure as hell would kill them with your attitude about medication and mental problems.

Remind me again how the number of people killed every year by guns is bad and THEN research how many people COMMIT SUICIDE in this Country every YEAR. How many more try to kill themselves. How many people are homeless because of mental problems.

You need to get a clue.

Ohh and EOTS? Fuck off.

Meh ... I actually tried, three times. Got scars from one try to prove it. The problem is, you are trading problems, not fixing them. Even if you have no noticeable side effects, if you take pill form you are putting at least one internal organ in danger, if IV or patch then it's your heart of brain that is placed in danger.

Also, I don't think suicide should be stopped, really, and I am for gun ownership. I am one huge contradiction. A conundrum, wrapped in a riddle, an enigma. I am also quite abnormal in so many ways. However, one thing I do know is that any problem can be dealt with through hard work and effort, but medications do not fix you, they just change you.

You need to get a clue.

Ohh and EOTS? Fuck off.

Meh ... I actually tried, three times. Got scars from one try to prove it. The problem is, you are trading problems, not fixing them. Even if you have no noticeable side effects, if you take pill form you are putting at least one internal organ in danger, if IV or patch then it's your heart of brain that is placed in danger.

Also, I don't think suicide should be stopped, really, and I am for gun ownership. I am one huge contradiction. A conundrum, wrapped in a riddle, an enigma. I am also quite abnormal in so many ways. However, one thing I do know is that any problem can be dealt with through hard work and effort, but medications do not fix you, they just change you.

Dumb ass. You are part of a problem people have. Since no drug ever helps, I suggest you never for any reason ever take any medication for any problem. We sure as hell wouldn't have a life expectancy as long as we have nor a supposed population problem if everyone believed the ignorance that just came out of you.

EVERY choice you make involves trade offs. Hell with your attitude lets just get rid of doctors.

Ohh and I never said I was "fixed" I said I can almost live a normal life. I spent my entire life "toughing" it out. The last 10 years before the meds worked were not working. I have no intention of ever going back to that hell. By the way dumb shit, I not the drugs kept me from killing myself ( well except the one attempt). You have one idiotic opinion in regards medicine and medication.

You need to get a clue.

Ohh and EOTS? Fuck off.

Dumb ass. You are part of a problem people have. Since no drug ever helps, I suggest you never for any reason ever take any medication for any problem. We sure as hell wouldn't have a life expectancy as long as we have nor a supposed population problem if everyone believed the ignorance that just came out of you.

EVERY choice you make involves trade offs. Hell with your attitude lets just get rid of doctors.

Ohh and I never said I was "fixed" I said I can almost live a normal life. I spent my entire life "toughing" it out. The last 10 years before the meds worked were not working. I have no intention of ever going back to that hell. By the way dumb shit, I not the drugs kept me from killing myself ( well except the one attempt). You have one idiotic opinion in regards medicine and medication.

Aaah .. but they often don't give you a choice, it's not ignorance, it's knowing too much sometimes. Actually, many drugs are causing earlier death, not prolonging life, the oldest people who have ever lived were not on any prescription drugs, some drank and smoked, but no prescriptions. Also, all my mental problems are because of a misdiagnosis, and being forced to take the meds because I was under 18 at the time. It fucked up my brain ... a LOT. So go ahead, trade one problem for another, but don't pretend that living on drugs is any better than not. Unless they are violent and need tranqs, it should always be a choice, and an informed one. Doctors need to be required to inform people of all the dangers, risks, and problems with the medications, not just the "good" effects. Believe me, if more people knew these most would not willingly touch them for any reason. It's one hell or another.

This is a report on a study about anti depressants. it concludes that anti depressants alone do not help with multiple psychiatric problems. and thus are some how not as good as they are claimed to be.

Well DUH. If a guy has a heart and liver problem, how effective is heart medicine alone gonna be for him?

One of the study groups were addicts. If you drink anti depressants do not work well, that is a KNOWN problem, the alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. If you abuse drugs of course other drugs you take will not be as effective.

Where is the study on THAT.

Why Antidepressants Don't Live Up to the Hype - Yahoo! News

I have multiple problems. I have chronic sometimes sever depression. I have a delusional paranoid disorder and a paranoid personality. Guess what, anti depressants are NOT the only thing my doctors found I needed, they treat all the conditions. And until they did anti depressants were marginally effective. With FULL treatment for all conditions, antidepressants work just fine.

I take 3 meds for my mental problems. Celexa, Geodon and Provigal. Celexa is for depression, Geodon helps with depression also but is for my delusional problems and Provigal helps stabilize my thinking and make me more alert.

My doctor knew I was opposed to help with the paranoia and delusions. So he got me to take Geodon by just telling me about the antidepressant side of it. It works wonders, it stopped a voice I have and it stabilized or helped stabilize my depression with celexa. I will NEVER willingly stop taking geodon. It literally changed my life.

By the way that is another problem with sickness like mine, a hell of a lot of people with my problems will not willingly take medication or will stop taking it as soon as it makes them better. They are non compliant with their medications.

There is no placebo effect in my case. Until I found the right meds I was one of those people that was non compliant with their meds. I still do not like the fact I have to take medication to be almost normal BUT it is so clear now that I comply. I do NOT want to return to that dark hole I was in.
you should never drink a lot while on anti depressants, my friend almost died three times from drinking while taking medication. And you should always take at least two different behavioral medicanes and than have one for a PRN. When I used to pass meds I thought the people who took three different low dose behavioral meds seemed the best off. And when they were having high anxiety which was not usually all the time we would give them xanax or ativan or sometimes just tylenol helps because it might just be pain causing the anxiety.

Forum List

Back