What a Baltimore inner-city elementary school is like...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...from a young first time teachers perspective.

I found it both sad, and interesting...and about what I expected.

How do you teach children with no discipline, no family support, no support from the school system, and a administration more worried about covering their ass than teaching students to read.

None of this is a surprise to me. In huge bureaucratic systems like corporations, the military, and the school system, vast energy is expended checking the correct boxes and writing the correct memos to insure you cannot be blamed. That's what is most important ... everything else is secondary.

It's a long read ..but worth it for the insight it provides if you are interested.

Taught For America

Baltimore has been destroyed by the Black leaders who have run the city into the ground over the last 50 years.
Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore"

Nancy Pelosi's father and brother were Mayors there, setting up this desecration of the city where our National Anthem was written.

Without unAmericxan hereditary power, she'd be a nasty waitress somewhere nowhere.

How do you teach children with no discipline, no family support, no support from the school system, and a administration more worried about covering their ass than teaching students to read.

None of this is a surprise to me. In huge bureaucratic systems like corporations, the military, and the school system, vast energy is expended checking the correct boxes and writing the correct memos to insure you cannot be blamed. That's what is most important ... everything else is secondary.

It's a long read ..but worth it for the insight it provides if you are interested.

Taught For America

Hey Unkotare come in here and drag this guy for whining about how wonderful teaching is

Taught For America

Aren't you the guy that said if you can't hack it, quit?

Yeah, that you?

Well, as I have been saying: that's exactly what's happening. And so let's take a look around society, shall we? At Baltimore, and other cities around the nation. What's the state of our families? What then do you think then is the state of our children?

Gosh, why is anyone surprised at a teacher shortage then?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Taught For America
i am interested …

Taught For America
The same thing went on when I went to Del City High in OKC around 1978...

Forum List

Back