Were The Cops Wrong?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I think that both the suspect and police were at fault for this one. I don't think that it could actually be proven that this guy was driving and he didn't actually touch or threaten the police but I could see why they might possibly have felt threatened.

The police weren't threatened. The car was parked. He was not in the car. So according to police I know they had no reason to harrass him. Had he been driving or inside of the car, then things woud have been different.

His buddy said he was drinking and driving. Cops had the right to make sure he didn't drive off after they left.

He was 18 and while I believe that should be the legal age to drink, it's not so they could have arrested him over that.

They cuffed him and helped him up and didn't shoot him or beat the crap out of him.

His buddy said he was drinking and driving. Cops had the right to make sure he didn't drive off after they left.

He was 18 and while I believe that should be the legal age to drink, it's not so they could have arrested him over that.

They cuffed him and helped him up and didn't shoot him or beat the crap out of him.
The thing is he wasn't driving or in the car. So that was the end of it according to police I actually know. They have told me that if you are drinking and driving, its best to park the car and take the keys out of the ignition because that way the police cannot charge you with DUI. This guy was completely out of the car when cops showed up. They were wrong. Now had they waited and he got back in the car and started back up into the street, they could have stopped him.

The thing is he wasn't driving or in the car. So that was the end of it according to police I actually know.

He was 18. Illegal to be drinking. The police had the obligation to make sure he didn't get back in the car and drive home also.

They have told me that if you are drinking and driving, its best to park the car and take the keys out of the ignition because that way the police cannot charge you with DUI. This guy was completely out of the car when cops showed up. They were wrong. Now had they waited and he got back in the car and started back up into the street, they could have stopped him.

His buddy said he had been driving. They had a witness. Did the DUI charges get dropped? Perhaps.

Should they have simply charged him with underage drinking? Probably.

They did have an obligation to make sure he didn't drive home.

Forum List

Back