Were Blacks Enslaved Because Of The Color Of Their Skin?

The Origins of the Slave Trade

Slavery throughout Europe was dying down, yet it was thriving in Africa. African tribesman for centuries were enslaving conquered tribes. Their best customers were the Arabs of Northern Africa. Eventually they were introduced to Spain and the Spanish colonies and then to British colonies in North America!

Question: Were Blacks Enslaved Because Of The Color Of Their Skin?

Answer: Yes, in America they were.

Look up Bacon's Rebellion. That was a rebellion in the colonies against the crown. It was that rebellion in which both indentured white slaves and African slaves banded together. The intent of using only black slaves was to keep whites from forming alliances with them as they did for that particular rebellion. My original ancestor who was a hot shot esquire, badass military man and faithful loyalist to the crown had a son who participated in it. My original ancestor disinherited him.

Sunshine curtseys.

Last edited:
Were blacks enslaved because of the color of their skin, or were there some other reasons?

some were enslaved becasue other blacks went into the bush, caught other tribes peoples and sold them into slavery.

Very true syrenn, but without the ''demand'' it wouldn't have happened...the opposing tribes probably would just have killed them vs. selling them!!!!

I find these threads asinine. Please all you democrat and libertarian race baiting fools keep your white guilt and black hate away from me. NO ONE in my family owned or bought slaves..

To all you pussies that cant handle me not being political correct....If you dont like what I say Ignore me if you have a counter point have the balls to bring it up in the thread where all can see. Yes slaves were black for three reasons. One the chiefs were selling them cheap, Two white people thought blacks were savages and three they are easily recognized. Also a fact. NONE HERE OWNED FUCKING SLAVES!

Forum List

Back